Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Norwich City to sign Elliott Bennett

Very happy!

He''s got pace. He can play out wide to offer a change of tactics, or in the ''Wes'' role in our current formation. He seems to have an eye for a goal. And Brighton fans are sad to see him go.

By Jove! He''s done it again!

Underwhelmed by this signing, a great signing for any Championship side but I can''t see him making the step up from League 1 to the Premier League. As mentioned earlier, it''s a kind of signing well suited to if we get relegated. However what do i know? In Lambert we trust.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Well he''s apparently only ''set'' to sign currently.  When all the paperwork is completed and a press conference is announced they could well unveil Johnson at the same time I guess.
[/quote]

They can''t actually sign Johnson until his Leeds contract expires, hence the delay. No need for alarm[:D]

[quote user="Non Wizard "]

Preparation for life back in the Championship the season after next. That''s what that signing says to me.

Bennett might be a good League 1 m/f, but I can''t see it in the Prem up against seasoned pro''s and superstars.

I actually think Chopra was a better signing than any of theirs (so far)

Quote from TWTD.

Hysterical or what?

[/quote]

Have they learnt nothing about us in the past two years waz?

They''re in for a shock.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Well he''s apparently only ''set'' to sign currently.  When all the paperwork is completed and a press conference is announced they could well unveil Johnson at the same time I guess.
[/quote]

Vaughan and Morison are also only ''set'' to sign as well. Player registration cannot be official transfered between clubs until July 1st although everything else is allowed to be agreed. International transfers and loans also cannot be agreeded until July 1st along with free transfers.

To be fair there also some more balanced opinions on TWTD. But to say Chopra is a better signing is stupid. Firstly they have exaggerated the fees we have paid for both Vaughan and Morison. Secondly both Chopra and Vaughan have an almost identical goalscoring record (9 goals/30 games) from last season. The difference being that Vaughan played in a Palace side that was really poor (44 goals all season). Chopra had a supply line of Whittingham, Bellamy, Burke and as well as Bothroyd with his hold up play (Cardiff scored 76 goals). Vaughan''s attitude is also much better. He seems an honest and hard working player looking to get over his injury setbacks. Chopra last season looked overweight and was allegedly seen out on the town 48 hours before their crunch game with Middlesborough.

As for the comment that we should be signing a few more "marquee" players. I would have thought Ipswich would know from bitter experience that signing Premiership fringe players does not gurantee success. Their squad is littered with them. Step forward Marton Fulop, Carlos Edwards, Grant Leadbitter, Jason Scotland. I am happy with our transfer activity because I don''t really see what else we can do with the budget available to us. We''re not exactly going to be in the market for someone like Charlie Adam are we? And signing players like Lee Bowyer or that ilk will just end in tears.

[quote user="Jacko"]

To be fair there also some more balanced opinions on TWTD. But to say Chopra is a better signing is stupid. Firstly they have exaggerated the fees we have paid for both Vaughan and Morison. Secondly both Chopra and Vaughan have an almost identical goalscoring record (9 goals/30 games) from last season. The difference being that Vaughan played in a Palace side that was really poor (44 goals all season). Chopra had a supply line of Whittingham, Bellamy, Burke and as well as Bothroyd with his hold up play (Cardiff scored 76 goals). Vaughan''s attitude is also much better. He seems an honest and hard working player looking to get over his injury setbacks. Chopra last season looked overweight and was allegedly seen out on the town 48 hours before their crunch game with Middlesborough.

As for the comment that we should be signing a few more "marquee" players. I would have thought Ipswich would know from bitter experience that signing Premiership fringe players does not gurantee success. Their squad is littered with them. Step forward Marton Fulop, Carlos Edwards, Grant Leadbitter, Jason Scotland. I am happy with our transfer activity because I don''t really see what else we can do with the budget available to us. We''re not exactly going to be in the market for someone like Charlie Adam are we? And signing players like Lee Bowyer or that ilk will just end in tears.

[/quote]

Let us not forget the biggest of all the ''marquee'' signings ever - Finidi George. He won the Champions League with Ajax then completed a great achievement of single handedly bankrupting Ipswich - what a guy!