Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Norwich City to sign Elliott Bennett

Brilliant news, if we did sign him for the 1-1.5m that has been suggested before then that''s great business on Norwich''s behalf considering how much potential this lad has, one would assume their must be add on clauses in his contract which is fine.

Hurrah

A team with pace and an attacking mentality

Expect a few goals next season, both ends - but a great positive step

Really excited about this one. The goals collection someone posted on here from You Tube the other day showed many cracking strikes from outside the box which would trouble any keeper.

I can see him coming on for Wes at the point of the diamond when we want to be more direct late in matches  (probably trying to salvage a draw from the jaws of defeat!). 

Great signing.

I think a few of these signings and players that we have brought in should feel very motivated going into some of the first games of the season.

We have an advantage that few clubs have come up against the way we play and the personnel. But certainly very few will be prepared to see what Bennett has to offer.

Very excited signing, he doesn''t need extra pressure put on him. But we do love our fast direct wingers. So certainly has the opportunity to become a fans favourite.

Great news

TWTD qoute: ''Poor signing in my opinion. Plenty of good premiership fringe players

they could go for instead of a Brighton winger. Cant see Lambert doing

well with lower league players this season. ''
Sums up everything we are doing right and what they are doing wrong! A fantastic signing of a young exciting player who I know lambert will only get the best out of!

Very good signing IMO, young and highly rated.

We needed another pacey striker and Lambert got one.

We needed good back up for Holt and Lambert got that.

We needed a rapid and direct winger and Lambert got one.

Good business so far. It shows Lambert has faith in the team and just wants to give the squad some help and fill in the gaps. [Y]

[quote user="lappinitup"]Really chuffed with this. I think he may become as popular with the fans as Hucks was. [:D][/quote]

Will he be as popular as the Doc though Lap?!?

Welcome Elliott.....

[quote user="Gazza"]Will he be as popular as the Doc though Lap?

[/quote]I still miss him! [:''(] [:''(] [:''(]

LEGEND! [<:o)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Really excited about this one. The goals collection someone posted on here from You Tube the other day showed many cracking strikes from outside the box which would trouble any keeper.

[/quote]For those who missed it last time.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN5lZHsm8TM

[/quote]

Some very good goals there, he can take free kicks and has the confidence to shoot from range [:D]

Btw I think we should use Brighton''s ''Elliott Bennett runs down the wing for me'' chant if he turns out to be a good''un!

[quote user="Boyo"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Really excited about this one. The goals collection someone posted on here from You Tube the other day showed many cracking strikes from outside the box which would trouble any keeper.

[/quote]For those who missed it last time.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN5lZHsm8TM

[/quote]Some very good goals there, he can take free kicks and has the confidence to shoot from range [:D]

Btw I think we should use Brighton''s ''Elliott Bennett runs down the wing for me'' chant if he turns out to be a good''un!

[/quote]Great stuff.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH1CMrCCkD8&feature=related

Im really happy with this signing ive seen the goals that was posted on youtube and also his assists tally is good at 20 for last season, i think PL doing all the transfer business early gives the new players more time to settle in the area and at the club, this can only help the team unity and also the understanding of how individual players play and what PL expects from the team during pre-season.

A few comments from Brighton fans on his departure, few sour grapes in their which is understandable as we have just poached yet another one of their better players. Most of them accept that it was coming though and virtually all of them accept it''s a big loss for them which speaks volumes as to how well he has done for the club in recent years and at such a young age too.http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?203439-Bennett-gone-Club-text-merged-threadsHopefully he will make a name for himself at our club.

From TWTD inbred central

"Preparation for life back in the Championship the season after next. That''s what that signing says to me.

Bennett might be a good League 1 m/f, but I can''t see it in the Prem up against seasoned pro''s and superstars.

I actually think Chopra was a better signing than any of theirs (so far) "

Funniest thing I have read in ages!

This is the signing which really excites me, a smashing lad and hungry for success.......welcome Elliot, its brilliant to have you on board. [Y]

Pleased with this signing, glad it has finally happened, although it does raise a few questions about Johnson as a lot of people on here believed he already had a medical but the club were waiting to announce the singings of Bennett and Johnson together...

Well he''s apparently only ''set'' to sign currently.  When all the paperwork is completed and a press conference is announced they could well unveil Johnson at the same time I guess.

Preparation for life back in the Championship the season after next. That''s what that signing says to me.

Bennett might be a good League 1 m/f, but I can''t see it in the Prem up against seasoned pro''s and superstars.

I actually think Chopra was a better signing than any of theirs (so far)

Quote from TWTD.

Hysterical or what?