Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Something I heard on CMS...

Apparently Paul Lambert has cooled his interest in CMS, but we are his preferred destination. Hence the delay.

If true, at least it means we''re not going to pay over the odds for him, if PL does to decide to take him.

Well if we are going after seven players and have already brought in two strikers and it looks like we are also close to getting Bennet and Johnson and we could possibly still be going after Snodgrass that only leaves two players left which I think will be taken up by defenders.  I would be very suprised if CMS came here and tbh I don''t want him here anymore.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]Sadly his club didn''t want to do business with us so we''ve moved on![/quote]Brighton didnt want to do business with us either but we went back for Bennett , CMS is having talks with 3 clubs this week then will decide after that so we should not have to wait to long to find out where he is going . Wigan  have not had a bid accepted so who are the 2 Premiership clubs ? QPR i would say are one but no idea who else would want him if the other is not us .

Brighton didn''t want to lose their player until they were promoted! Little bit different with the CMS front. I''m glad Lambert walked away, I don''t think he''s worth as much as the figures being branded about

[quote user="Ncfc"][quote user="Rupethebear"]Sadly his club didn''t want to do business with us so we''ve moved on![/quote]

Brighton didnt want to do business with us either but we went back for Bennett , CMS is having talks with 3 clubs this week then will decide after that so we should not have to wait to long to find out where he is going . Wigan  have not had a bid accepted so who are the 2 Premiership clubs ? QPR i would say are one but no idea who else would want him if the other is not us .
[/quote]

Brighton weren''t d!cks and simply didn''t want to sell on of their best players in a crucial season but Peterborough strung us along and messed us around and insulted us so we walked away.

One thing that surprised me in the CMS saga back in March was that Fry drove across to Norwich (not that far I accept but a crap road!) to hold discussions with us. They obviously hoped that we would play ball that way rather than by phone...unless Fry was after the dish of the day at Yellows and it was all ballocks anyway.

i don''t see this happening now. as stated above we have signed two strikers - our club moved on. i would have liked to see him here but posh were asking an awful lot of money for the player.

i''m happy with vaughan and morison. two strikers with completely different styles but who would compliment each other together as a partnership. both could play with holt, morison could step in for holt, vaughan for jackson... there is good flexibility with our strikers now and i feel there will be no further additions up top.

How would CMS rate his chances of getting adequate playing time at Norwich now that we''ve signed two more players in his position? Even if Chris Martin or Wilby went in the opposite direction it would still be limited unless he manages to play like Messi.

If CMS does prefer to come here, he must be pretty disappointed with the way Barry Fry and that Irish chap have been hawking him around. It''s cost him valuable time - and in our case, we''ve moved on without him.

Posh''s chairman is a businessman and will tout his best asset to the most willing interested party. You can''t blame him.

From what I heard CMS wanted a move here and thought it was pretty much nailed on. I don''t think Posh will lose out in the long run, but they have certainly robbed CMS of his reportedly preferred destination, as he would be closer to his family.

Fresh From Sky Sports 2 mins agoPeterborough United have confirmed that striker Craig Mackail-Smith is holding talks with three clubs this week.http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,12040_6990211,00.html

I agree that Lambert has moved on as he did with Forster last year. CMS was the only option available for March, but Vaughan and Morison are both better signings, IMO. CMS had a good year last year in League One, but the year before only scored 10 goals in the Championship. He may yet prove himself in the Premiership, but I think that would have been a gamble. Vaughan and Morison both seem to be much more Lambert''s type of player and offer more options. I''m relieved that we didn''t go for CMS.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Don''t think one of them is us. I believe it''s QPR, Wigan and West Ham.[/quote]Peterborough said Wigan have not had a bid accepted , could be Stoke they were linked at the weekend . Not sure we need another striker with will he step up question marks over him , we have around 6 of them already.