Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Norris leaves Binners.

Gone to Pompey on a free transfer.

While we''re looking forward to next season in the Prem, they lump all their eggs in the Chopra basket and hope he can singlehandedly promote them. He won''t. :)

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_6990728,00.html

Personally I hope that we stay in the prem and they rot in the lower reaches of the championship for a few more years - at least until such time as we can re-establish a topflight derby and have continuing expectation of beating them

Norris ''left'' somewhile back, when he refused the offer of a new contract from the binners and has as good as joining Portsmouth for somewhile.

If anything can be learned from the deluded farmhands belief in the mercurial properties of Chopra is taht it requires more than a few signings to bring success - more so given what appears to heading for poorman road is no more than a few aged has beens seing out their time.

City''s succeess runs right through the club. From a focussed and determined board, a winning and driven management team and a fantastic fan base. At the moment it is hard to point a finger at anything at the club that suggests failure.

take a look down the A140 and is hard to see anything that suggests success or even competence. An owner that is all but invisible. A chief executive who admitted he was pretty much clueless about football when he took over and know appears to spend more time in London away from the club than at poorman road. Falling gates, falling ticket sales and falling income, can be added to players walking out on the club refusing to sign new contracts

The club is a shambles and no amount of unwanted 30 something palyers are going to patch over that shambolic state of affairs. If they stay up next season then good luck, but it will only be another reprieve for a fading club, stuck in the past with little prospects other than the slow sliding down the plug hole.

Top post City1st.

Jewell has just admitted on SkySports that they can''t do a deal for Bullard. Who are they going to pin their hopes on now?!

1p5wich are actually going to be awful next season!  McAuley (sp) was a defender their fans raved about and he has gone.  Norris was also a player who was popular with the Ipswich ''fans'' and now he has gone.  Wickham is the only good thing about ITFC right now and he looks set to go to Liverpool.  Also Bullard was someone they wanted to keep so bad and he doesn''t even seem like he wants to go anywhere near Portaloo road again.  They are now carrying on their trend of buying big Championship names too late in their careers (e.g. Chopra and Ingamarsson (sp)) and if the attendences there get over 20 thousand more than four times I will be amazed.  I would not be suprised to see them in a releagtion battle which will give me something interesting to watch on the Football League Show! 

The fact that Bullard was voted their player of the season last season despite being at the club for less than half of a season tells you all you need to know about how poor their squad is right now, and it doesn''t look like it''s going to get drastically better if Chopra is the most inspirational signing they can come up with. Wouldn''t be at all surprised if they were to be dragged into a relegation battle next season.

"Jewell has just admitted on SkySports that they can''t do a deal for Bullard"

That was elsewhere on Monday.

it should have been obvious that the few pennies the paupers have will not run to paying a fair chunk of Bullards wages. I''m fairly certain that the £300k plus they coughed up for his few months stay came from the bonus of games against Arsenal and Chelsea. A truer reflection of their parlous state can be had by the money they spent in January. One non league player.

Understandably clubs need to clear out ''deadwood'' but having three of their senior pros walk out on frees suggests a deeper problem - losing youngsters because the best you could offer them was a 6 month contract not a 12 month contract also points to something seriously amiss.

I expect they will also have to rid themselves of such failures as Scotland and Fulop. Both Premier League experienced players (cue heavenly music frojm some on here) with, I suspect, hefty wages. Both of who were trumpeted by the suffolk dimwits as a sign of Operation Premiership taking shape - rather than the club being a last resort for failing players, as was the reality.

That we can locate and attract promisuing players on the way up is as much a measure of how well we have been scouting as how much of an attraction the club is. Would you want to join an ailing club with one foot out of the grave, owned by some dodgy off shore recluse who could pull the plug at anytime ?

Has there been any player the binners have signed over the past two years that you would want at Carrow Road or who would have got into the team in 2010/11 ? I very much doubt it. Those who are leaving poorman road are either those whot are leaving a sinking ship and those that are having to be thrown over the same ship in a vain attempt to keep it afloat.

You would have to have a very hard heart indeed to not feel some sense of sorry for the ''mighty town'' and it''s ever modest fans.