Sign in to follow this  
Raymond De Waard

Ritchie De Laet signing tomorrow season-loan

Have heard and read this from several different sources today.

Don''t really know anything about him apart from he was on-loan at Preston last season and we know how they ended up!!!!

Just sharing info. but will wait for the abuse to come raining in as usual!

Pompey not PNE played RB in penultimate game last season, cover for Russel M and for CB''s, don''t see him as starter though.

Will probably be here to add depth / cover to the squad, and if he''s able to get a run of games and does well, all well and good.  Good to see the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd trusting Norwich with their players.

[quote user="pete"]Pompey not PNE played RB in penultimate game last season, cover for Russel M and for CB''s, don''t see him as starter though.[/quote]

He was at both Preston and Pompey, was one of the players SAF called back after his son was sacked.

Decent player, would hope to sign him rather than loan him. Wouldn''t have thought that was impossible considering the amount of defenders Man U now have.

If this is true then it means we can only sign one of Pacheco, Lansbury or Caulker on loan due to the PL rules. I would think that this rules out Caulker as we will not want 2 CBs on loan. Most likely it will be Lansbury as I can see Pacheco having a full season in the Championship so he is ready fully for the Prem.

Ps if De Laet is signing tomorrow does that mean we will also see Bennett and Johnson tomorrow?

I hate loan players :(

Would rather buy him, not like we aint got some cash to spend and would rather a player come to the club knowing he got to fight to stay in the division rather than someone who comes on loan and things '' feck it, don''t matter wat happens as I will be back at Utd at end of the season''

I know thats not the attitude of all loan players but defo think a permanent player will giv eu that 10% more effort.

I prefer to look at Jackson''s goal as a moment of brilliance on both Fox and Jackson''s part, rather than a defensive error of a player who a) was on loan, and b) was playing for a Club that didn''t really have much to play for at that stage of the season. In addition, De Laet was also part of the defence that limited us to just the one (definitive) goal that night.

I guess it all depends upon how you view the proverbial half full/half empty cup...

[quote user="Anderz"]

I prefer to look at Jackson''s goal as a moment of brilliance on both Fox and Jackson''s part, rather than a defensive error of a player who a) was on loan, and b) was playing for a Club that didn''t really have much to play for at that stage of the season. In addition, De Laet was also part of the defence that limited us to just the one (definitive) goal that night.

I guess it all depends upon how you view the proverbial half full/half empty cup...

[/quote]

You say that but then if he can''t handle abit of brilliance from us, how will he handle the top teams in this league?

[quote user="Mervmeister"]I hate loan players :(

Would rather buy him, not like we aint got some cash to spend and would rather a player come to the club knowing he got to fight to stay in the division rather than someone who comes on loan and things '' feck it, don''t matter wat happens as I will be back at Utd at end of the season''

I know thats not the attitude of all loan players but defo think a permanent player will giv eu that 10% more effort.[/quote]

What a load of ....Of course they matter what happens as their manager will be watching their progress! ...Only players at the tale end of their careers sometimes dont play to the potential,unless they are hoping to sign perm...

If I recall from the Portsmouth game, he has really good pace for a defender, which is going to be a prescious commodity in the PL. Plus with the limitations on squad size, his versatility could be important.

Vital Norwich suggesting this.....

"There''s apparently a press conference arranged for midday tomorrow when the club will announce the signing of Henri Lansbury from Arsenal or it may to confirm a season-long loan deal for United''s Ritchie De Laet."

I''d prefer the first suggestion though!!

[quote user="Titch.Canary"]

Vital Norwich suggesting this.....

"There''s apparently a press conference arranged for midday tomorrow when the club will announce the signing of Henri Lansbury from Arsenal or it may to confirm a season-long loan deal for United''s Ritchie De Laet."

I''d prefer the first suggestion though!!

[/quote]

HAHAHA!!! Me and my mate made this up on the footy rumours site to see how far we could get it

Notwithstanding NCFC26''s contribution (the 26 refers to his IQ?), the De Laet rumour has been pretty stubborn all summer but more as a signing than a loan.

Whichever way, he would provide a lot of cover for us, so I hope that it is true.

I''m not sure what to make of this.  As far as I know he is predominantly a right back but can play centre back too which is fine but I thought Lambert said he didn''t want to sign loan players in the summer?  I hope we get another experienced and commanding leader for the back four as well as him.

[quote user=" Badger"]Notwithstanding NCFC26''s contribution (the 26 refers to his IQ?), the De Laet rumour has been pretty stubborn all summer but more as a signing than a loan.

Whichever way, he would provide a lot of cover for us, so I hope that it is true.[/quote]

Yes I have an IQ of 26 you really are a bit of an idiot aren''t you? Just because I was trying to prove a point by saying that if you make up a feasible rumour it will be picked up a bigger source and then onto bigger and better things you decide to question my IQ bit insecure?

Hold the backpage - NCFC in big footy rumours expose!

Did you manage to work that out all on your own or were you tipped off?

[quote user="Ncfc26"][quote user=" Badger"]Notwithstanding NCFC26''s contribution (the 26 refers to his IQ?), the De Laet rumour has been pretty stubborn all summer but more as a signing than a loan.

Whichever way, he would provide a lot of cover for us, so I hope that it is true.[/quote]

Yes I have an IQ of 26 you really are a bit of an idiot aren''t you? Just because I was trying to prove a point by saying that if you make up a feasible rumour it will be picked up a bigger source and then onto bigger and better things you decide to question my IQ bit insecure?[/quote]No offence NCFC but Smudger makes a good point, there is nothing funny about starting a rumour about players and your own club and then boasting about it, if you want to wind people up, go start up shit about 1p5wich.No way would i be happy with this signing, i am not trying to be negative here as i think all the signings thus far have benefited the squad, i think the only person who may actually be better than what we have at the moment is Bennett. De Laet is not better than anything we have, and in defence we need 1 or 2 solid defenders who are going to be in our starting 11, not back up to Ward or Whitbred

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="Ncfc26"][quote user=" Badger"]Notwithstanding NCFC26''s contribution (the 26 refers to his IQ?), the De Laet rumour has been pretty stubborn all summer but more as a signing than a loan.

Yes I have an IQ of 26 you really are a bit of an idiot aren''t you? Just because I was trying to prove a point by saying that if you make up a feasible rumour it will be picked up a bigger source and then onto bigger and better things you decide to question my IQ bit insecure?[/quote]No offence NCFC but Smudger makes a good point, there is nothing funny about starting a rumour about players and your own club and then boasting about it, if you want to wind people up, go start up shit about 1p5wich.No way would i be happy with this signing, i am not trying to be negative here as i think all the signings thus far have benefited the squad, i think the only person who may actually be better than what we have at the moment is Bennett. De Laet is not better than anything we have, and in defence we need 1 or 2 solid defenders who are going to be in our starting 11, not back up to Ward or Whitbred[/quote]

I think you will find I made up the Lansbury rumour on the footy rumours website however someone else latched onto the Ritchie De Laet rumour and added it to my Lansbury rumour which any Norwich fan who knows even a little bit about football would realise that we are seriously unlikley to pay 5.4 million for any player including Lansbury

Oh I forgot to add why do people doubt signings if this one proves to be true I will support it because it is Lambert that has got us to the Premier League so whatever he does is correct. I assume you will be wantin Lambert out if we get relegated?

[quote user="Ncfc"]Another signing that would be adding to the numbers but not improving the quality of the starting 11 .[/quote]

Do you think he would improve the 1p5wich starting 11 line up Ncfc?

I really don''t get what fun, enjoyment or satisfaction is gained from making up rumours.   It seems as mindless and pointless as smashing up phone books or drawing penises on the doors of public toilets.

I am sure that I am missing something so if anyone can explain the attraction of putting false nonsense out there then I am curious. 

I agree NCFC, any of Lambert''s signings should be supported, and i sure will support any of them, i have been excited by buying youthful quality players, my opinion on Morrison and Vaughan though are that they are not better than Holt or  Jackson, that isn''t a disaster though as i believe we will have one of the top attacking forces in the bottem 6/8 teams next year. I am worried however by our defence, Ward is captain dodgy at times and Whitbred is slow, i cant really comment on Barnet as i have not seen him play to much, but for me our central defence really does need shoring up, 2 CB, maybe one upcoming talent and the other an old head, would be my wish. I guess De Laet could be one of them, but i dont think he is currently better than our CB, so why use up one of the precious 2 loan spots on him. I would rather loan a Woodgate for example.I am confident Lambert sees the need to shore up the defence, but even if we did start the season with Ward and Whitbred i for one will be supporting them whole-heartadly and will still believe Lambo will save us from relegation.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

I really don''t get what fun, enjoyment or satisfaction is gained from making up rumours.   It seems as mindless and pointless as smashing up phone books or drawing penises on the doors of public toilets.

I am sure that I am missing something so if anyone can explain the attraction of putting false nonsense out there then I am curious. 

[/quote]How do you smash up a phone book?

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]How do you smash up a phone book?[/quote]You stick lots of instant mashed potato in between the pages so nobody can open it.

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="Ncfc26"][quote user=" Badger"]Notwithstanding NCFC26''s contribution (the 26 refers to his IQ?), the De Laet rumour has been pretty stubborn all summer but more as a signing than a loan.

Yes I have an IQ of 26 you really are a bit of an idiot aren''t you? Just because I was trying to prove a point by saying that if you make up a feasible rumour it will be picked up a bigger source and then onto bigger and better things you decide to question my IQ bit insecure?[/quote]No offence NCFC but Smudger makes a good point, there is nothing funny about starting a rumour about players and your own club and then boasting about it, if you want to wind people up, go start up shit about 1p5wich.No way would i be happy with this signing, i am not trying to be negative here as i think all the signings thus far have benefited the squad, i think the only person who may actually be better than what we have at the moment is Bennett. De Laet is not better than anything we have, and in defence we need 1 or 2 solid defenders who are going to be in our starting 11, not back up to Ward or Whitbred[/quote]haha NOT GUILTY, I haven''t been on here for days!!! [;)]

Nice one Mr Chops! very funny.

I think what people have to remember here is that we are entitled to our opinion on new signings, some will see them as good, some as bad, but ultimately none of us know (i) what the overall club plan is and (ii) how that player will get on.  I guess what i''m saying is that one persons opinion is simply that - an opinion.

Absolutely agree we show our support for the club, PL, and any new players that join but i''m not gonna slate someone simply for questioning it.

I recall my forever smug friend who supports Newcastle saying the singing of Michael Owen was the best thing to ever happen to the club.  His opinion changed over the following months...