Sign in to follow this  
Captain Fantastic

Pitch relaid?

Groundsman says nothing out of the ordinary.  Every year they take up all the grass, add some new topsoil and then re-seed.  This year it coincided with the pop concerts.  Re-seeding starts tomorrow.  He says as long as it is warm it will be up to scratch for the first friendly in 7 weeks time.

I was in the stadium on 2nd June and the pitch looked horrendous! Skimmed down to the mesh and donkey brown in colour. It''s quite normal though - it will be looking fantastic again in August...

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Now we''re in the money I hope the undersoil heating problem gets sorted out.It must be coming up to 20 years old and I read somewhere that it doesn''t work on one half of the pitch.[/quote]not sur5e thats the case.. we havent had a game frozen off for years (Brighton at home in the cup was due to floodlight failure).. if half the undersoil heating was stuffed up im sure it would have led to postponements.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Now we''re in the money I hope the undersoil heating problem gets sorted out.It must be coming up to 20 years old and I read somewhere that it doesn''t work on one half of the pitch.[/quote]I''m pretty sure that the under soil heating was replaced in the summer of 2004.

[quote user="Lincs Canary"]So do we replace the desso grassmaster stuff in the pitch each year as well then?[/quote]

In the same interview the groundsman said no, as Harry says just the grass.