Sign in to follow this  
Grant Holt is a Monster

Is Johnson the new Taiwo?

Doubt it Downloads, I''m sure he''ll think of something else to say. Seems like a ''got to have the last word person''

Very dull.

I totally agree Downloads. He is one of our most valuable assets and the best playmaker we have. I don''t think that Mullins has a point by saying that because he isn''t in the Irish squad, then he isn''t as good as we say he is. I don''t agree with Trappatoni''s decision to leave Wes out, but of course, you said he hasn''t made any mistakes so I guess we''ll be seeing Ireland winning the Euros by beating Spain 4-0 in the final.

[quote user="CDMullins"]

So bearing in mind, Trappatoni is an international football manger and as a full quota of back room staff to aid his selections, you still think Norwich City ''pinkun posters'' are more equipped to pick players than him?

Also bearing in mid Wes as played for Ireland on only a handful of occasions, have all the previous managers opinions been wrong?

It would be far easier if City fans just accepted that whilst we love our little Wes, hes not really ''that good''.

[/quote]So in that case Gary Doherty is a better player than Wes, and also Michael Ricketts is a better player than Grant Holt as he has had an England cap. Stupid argument. Hoolahan is quality unless your suggesting Paul Lambert and the previous 2 Norwich managers have got it wrong?

Are they the best 2 examples you could think of?

Comparing a defender to a attacking midfielder is pointless and

Michael Ricketts scored almost 40 Premier League goals, so yes at this minute in time Ricketts probably was better than Holt is at the moment. Again thats another pointless argument because the difference in competetion for the England team and Ireland team is massive. 

[quote user="CDMullins"]

So bearing in mind, Trappatoni is an international football manger and as a full quota of back room staff to aid his selections, you still think Norwich City ''pinkun posters'' are more equipped to pick players than him?

Also bearing in mid Wes as played for Ireland on only a handful of occasions, have all the previous managers opinions been wrong?

It would be far easier if City fans just accepted that whilst we love our little Wes, hes not really ''that good''.

[/quote]Trappatoni has his own style of play and his way of doing things. There isn''t much space in his team for smaller, creative players who are physically challanged, like Wes. Just because Trappatoni doesn''t rate Wes doesn''t mean he is not good enough to play at an international level. As to one of your previous points about Wes not being picked by past managers... almost all of them were Irish and, lets face it, most coaches from Scotland, England, Wales or Ireland tend to be suspicious of technique which is Wes'' major attribute.

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Are they the best 2 examples you could think of?

Comparing a defender to a attacking midfielder is pointless and

Michael Ricketts scored almost 40 Premier League goals, so yes at this minute in time Ricketts probably was better than Holt is at the moment. Again thats another pointless argument because the difference in competetion for the England team and Ireland team is massive. 

[/quote]I didn''t say that though did I, see your twisting things again, I said, currently now in time, by your logic, Ricketts is better than Holt, bearing in mind there is only a year or two between them? And you must also rate Keith Andrews above Hoolahan do you? and Keith Fahey? and Kilbane and Whelan? I mean they MUST be better if Trappatoni has included them in his first team.

Trappatoni obviously thinks they are and he''s in a far better position to judge than you!

Are you actually telling me he''s better than ALL of them?

What does it matter who is better at this minute in time? At the time the England manager felt Ricketts was good enough to play for England. Michael Ricketts achieved more than what Holt as (so far, fingers crossed he''ll score more than Ricketts did)

Ive said it a million times to many different posters, you think Wes is better than I think he is, get over it.

You are so funny, you are your Trap knows everything rubbish. You''re wrong and you need to get over yourself.

[quote user="CDMullins"]

I think an International football manager is in a far better position to pick ''better players'' you. They get sacked because they get beat by other International football managers, not by Pinkun posters.

You think Wes is amazing, I dont think he''s that good. Nothing more to say.

[/quote]I must have missed your tenure as a pr1ck.......oh wait, no I didn''t.

Now that made me laugh, u wont get much sense out of cd mullins and his strange obsession that Hoolahan is no good, that lad is gonna light up the prem next year :))

Does my opinion on Wes bother you that much that you have to call me a Pr1ck?

Now thats just very childish isnt it!

Its not a big deal, get over it!

Tim, I hope im wrong, its not that I dont rate him, its just that I dont think hes the best player in the world, as many on here do.

I will grant u that he is one footed and not the quickest and on the odd occassion he has a stinker its a real stinker, but his ability to turn a game and do something magical is a rarity in yr starting eleven, when he first came he was a luxury player but now tracks back superbly, he`s a genius and how he is overlooked for Eire i dont really know !!!!!!

Your right, his all round game including work rate and tracking back improved no end last season.

No doubt he as a superb football brain,but he hasnt been blessed physically, he is lightwight, by no means fast and is very one footed, I just fear we will not get away with his stinkers in the Premier League.

The thing is Muggins, it''s not your ''opinion'' on Hoolahan that makes you a pr1ck, it''s the way that when the facts don''t suit your argument, you invent some yourself- i.e the two indisputable awesome seasons he''s had, combined with the fact that you seem to make Trapattoni out to be some sort of selection pariah, when in fact he''s a bit sh1t.And as for that b0ll0x about him being an international manager meaning that immediately means his opinion is better than mine or any other poster on here.....all I can say is I expect no criticism of Capello at any point in his regime because he clearly knows best- and obviously Bryan Robson was Thailand manager so he must be much better than anyone else here, too.Paul Lambert regularly picks Wes Hoolahan- so obviously you''d be rioting if he got the England/Scotland job, because any manager who selects Hoolahan is clearly just automatically bad.All of the above proves one thing. Just like Trapattoni is a stubborn old fool who can''t admit he was wrong about the quality that Wes has which is becoming more and more evidence, you''re no better, you mug. It''s no wonder you''re using the Italian stallion to prop up your shoddy arguments.

Tool.

Ok, I''ll give you a fact Trappatoni, Capello and Robson are earning far money than your selecting international football sides where as you are merly sat on an internet forum calling people names becuase someone doesnt like you opinion, so who really is the mug?

Okay, lets try to put this into terms even you can understand…

Trap, Capello and Robson all have a go at picking the ROI squad for a year. Say there are 10 friendlies in the year for arguments sake.

Would all 3 pick the same identical squad on all 10 different occasions?

At this point, if you are honest, you will say no they won’t – There are bound to be some small differences even if just one player. In reality there will be more than a one.

So according to your fuzzy logic of ‘Is he in the ROI squad?’  How do you explain the quality of a player, one ‘World Class’ manager may pick, but not  by another manager?

Hoolahan? Youlahan! wrote: I must have missed your tenure as a pr1ck.......oh wait, no I didn''t.

CD Mullins wrote: Does my opinion on Wes bother you that much that you have to call me a Pr1ck? Now thats just very childish isnt it!

You''re right, it is childish... its also really fecking funny!