Sign in to follow this  
Mungo Bumpkin

Extra seats

Was in the Jarrold Stand suites this afternoon for work "do" and took a gander to see if any new seats had been added. There is a very deep looking trench in front of the Barclay. I know it''s probably got to be filled with concrete etc but I''m guesing you''d need a periscope to get to ankle level sitting in there! Nothing in front of the hotel yet.

Mungo

Many fans are commenting on how any new seats in the Barclay will have a poor view cause they''ll be too low down!

I expect these new Barclay end seats will be similar to those installed in the river end last summer!

I can''t recall any people moaning about the poor views in the 2 new rows in the river end last season!

I''ve sat front row in the Barclay quite often, and if they add another couple of rows, the front row - the seat will be literally level with the pitch pretty much. Wouldn''t like to sit there anyhow, target practice from Premier League strikers in the winter will be pretty painful!

Does the stage run the full length of the Barclay Stand? No. Does the trench? Yes. Doesn''t effect me, I''ll be watching the games from lovely City Stand seat as I have for many, many years. I wouldn''t fancy sitting at sub-terranean level, but I''m not going to have to.

Mungo

Seems a bit daft they are putting seats on the pitch, might get in the way of the football!Ah well, in McNally we trust <3!and at least we finally have a giant screen like everyone wished for, even if it might obstruct the Barclay just a little.. :P

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Many fans are commenting on how any new seats in the Barclay will have a poor view cause they''ll be too low down! I expect these new Barclay end seats will be similar to those installed in the river end last summer! I can''t recall any people moaning about the poor views in the 2 new rows in the river end last season![/quote]

I notice they''ve started selling periscopes in the Club Shop.

Seems a bit strange that their is no safety barriers or anything looking like that to protect the huge trench that you are on about which they are building. If you look to the left of the stage their is nothing there to suggest any building work going on.

I would imagine this guy somehow managed to confuse the erection of a massive stage with the digging of a trench. Simple mistake to make, obviously!

To the OP why start  a post that has no truth???

The gate between Barclay and hotel was open when I came past this afternoon, so I wandered in and there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever of a trench in front of the Barclay and no evidence of any work at all in front of the Barclay (or the hotel for that matter)

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Does the stage run the full length of the Barclay Stand? No. Does the trench? Yes. Doesn''t effect me, I''ll be watching the games from lovely City Stand seat as I have for many, many years. I wouldn''t fancy sitting at sub-terranean level, but I''m not going to have to. Mungo[/quote]

As previous post...WHY ???