Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

New player interest

Would rather Snodgrass or a player from the Continent but to be fair Ambrose always had potential and does have bags of Premiership experience despite being relatively young. Looking through his career history he seems to be a liitle cursed. Obviously starting with the scum is a curse in itself but since then most of his clubs have been either relegated or gone bust despite him playing well.....

For me if we sign him I will give him a chance but I''m certainly not beating my chest with excitement over this one.

Ambrose is decent.

1) Ched Evans

2) Darren Ambrose

3) Nathan Clyne

3 players that I wanted us to sign realistically after confirming promotion. Ambrose (along with the gypsy goalie who''s name escapes me) kept palace up two years ago. All-round midfielder, experience in the premiership, great at free-kicks, pick a pass and slightly more stern in the tackle then Surman.

I would prefer Snodgrass, yes, but Ambrose is no mug.

I think he''d be a great signing. He''s in his peak and he has practically kept palace up! Gunn tried to sign him before he went to Palace. I know ambrose''s brother in law. I''ll see what he knows!

Wouldn''t mind him here, definitely has the ability and strengthens up the midfield to allow a 4-4-2. Has looked decent for Palace the few times I''ve watched them this year, stands out from the crowd anyhow. Not as good investment as Snodgrass imo, but if he''s fairly cheap it''s good business!

An excellent, stand out player the handful of times I''ve seen him. Couldn''t give a bean about the bloke having appeared for Ipswich. So had Alan Lee but there wasn''t any lack of enthusiasm for signing him when we went down. I could see Ambrose making the step up pretty well.

If true, I''m a little underwhelmed, I was hoping that if were going to get another midfielder after Johnson and Bennett (assuming they go through ok) it would be someone such as Snodgrass or McGugan. Whilst team spirit will be vital next season, we need some players of real quality if we want to play football and not just hit the long ball, and I''m not sure Ambrose is going to add much to what we already have. Happy to be proven wrong though and I trust Lambert

Actually ignore my previous post, just really hoped we would of got Snodgrass

I wouldn''t be surprised if Lambert has brought him in, not only with experience in mind, but with his dressing room presence too. From what has been said, although he rarely turned out for us, Gill was a fairly big presence in there, and maybe he feels Ambrose can add to this experienced attitude that may well be needed along with the young guns we are bringing in. Also fits in with Lamberts article of "hungry players don''t have to be young" that was on here this morning. Interesting!

I''ll throw my hat into the ring and suggest that it''ll be David Vaughan from Blackpool who I believe is on a free transfer. Lambert won''t play hardball with Leeds over Snodgrass and believes Vaughan to be a much better, proven and cheaper alternative.

[quote user="super dave"]I''ll throw my hat into the ring and suggest that it''ll be David Vaughan from Blackpool who I believe is on a free transfer. Lambert won''t play hardball with Leeds over Snodgrass and believes Vaughan to be a much better, proven and cheaper alternative.
[/quote]

David Vaughan has already had contract offers from Sunderland, Newcastle, Blackburn and I should imagine a host of other clubs are also interested. Anyway, it has already been said the player in question is Darren Ambrose.

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"]I think he''d be a great signing. He''s in his peak and he has practically kept palace up! Gunn tried to sign him before he went to Palace. I know ambrose''s brother in law. I''ll see what he knows![/quote]

That''s no good! You''ve got to know his cousin.

Would be happy with Ambrose, abit of experience and scores lots of goals from midfield. Only got 2 less then Vaughan last season in just 29 games. Would be cheap aswell.

Underwhelmed as others have said. I dont doubt that Ambrose is a reasonable player but McGugan/Snodgrass offer far more I believe but who knows if their current clubs will let them go?

Would have liked one "marquee" signing at least but early days yet......

In the past we''ve managed to attract star players like Martin Peters, Darren Huckerby and up-and-coming talent like Dean Ashton. Now with a few quid to use, it''s challenging to think of anyone of a higher stature who is worth splashing out on?

Pay-wise there are plenty looking for an easy ride who PL has already stated will not be considered. If someone like Miroslav Klose is "unlikely to put his shoulder to the wheel" as PL puts it, who will?

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

In the past we''ve managed to attract star players like Martin Peters, Darren Huckerby and up-and-coming talent like Dean Ashton. Now with a few quid to use, it''s challenging to think of anyone of a higher stature who is worth splashing out on?

Pay-wise there are plenty looking for an easy ride who PL has already stated will not be considered. If someone like Miroslav Klose is "unlikely to put his shoulder to the wheel" as PL puts it, who will?

[/quote]How long was it between Peters & Huckerby?

Martin Peters played for us from 1975 until 1980 and Darren Huckerby played for us from 2003 until 2008 so in answer to your question Darren Huckerby joined us 23 years after martin Peters left us.

[quote user="The Young One"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="can u sit down please"]Not him. We enquired about him but Pardew didn''t wanna sell.[/quote]So we were interested in him but arnt getting him?Please not Fraser Foster, I really dont want him.[/quote]

Why Not ? I think he would be a great addition.[/quote]

Because we have Ruddy, we dont need him.

would be a fantastic addition. He is just as good as snodgrass and mcgugan. He has pretty much kept palace afloat in the last two years. And if he had been playing in a top 8 team such as leeds or forest he would of grabbed many more headlines but the matter of fact is he has supported a piss poor broke palace team. He is almost the complete midfielder, great engine, gets stuck in, can play the simple game and has a wide range of expansive passing. Great on the ball and deadly from set pieces. We know leeds want 5million for snoddy wich is an awful lot for a player with no premiership experience i cant imagine ambrose will cost even half that. He is a lambert signing hungry has desire and is very loyal. Id be delighted.

Palarse today said they would listen to offers from Premier League clubs for Ambrose so you never know he maybe one of those, and I hate the term but how and ever...........irons in the fire.

[quote user="Twitchy"]Palarse today said they would listen to offers from Premier League clubs for Ambrose so you never know he maybe one of those, and I hate the term but how and ever...........irons in the fire.
[/quote]

I did hear the other day that we were interested in Routlidge, he is not going back to QPR and is now on transfer list