Sign in to follow this  
Grant the Cat

Herts/Beds/Bucks supporters group

Good day!

I''m not sure if there is already a supporters group for herts/beds/bucks so if there is please post below and I''ll join that...

...if there isn''t would there be much interest in the area?

Thus far, I have spoke to a friend of this message board ''Give peas a chance'' and he has shown a willing to allow us to use his bar facilities in Luton for any such meeting (I''m currently working on a deal for bar snacks to be thrown in!) but this is subject to interest shown and can be moved to a different location on a meeting by meeting basis to suit all members.

Also, if anyone out there has set up or is in one of these supporters groups I would be very interested to know how they work and how you become properly affiliated with the club?

All ideas are welcome.

count me in mate - let me know on a date and numbers for our first meeting, I could probably book out a 5-a-side pitch if we get enough for a kick around!

It''s not the bar snacks I was aiming for but it''s a great idea! I''d like that....

... that''s beer and football sorted just need to find some people to join!

Mushy - great, thanks for the interest, if we can get say 6-8 people involved then we''ll get it set up for in a few weeks so that way we can start looking for cheap ways to get to away games after the fixtures come out.

Sounds like a great idea that could well take shape, the amount of fellow City shirts I see wandering around the Herts area is ridiculous - we should hit twitter with this, get the word out to people who don''t neccessarily use this forum.

I''m more than happy to assist in any way possible, just PM me!

That''s the sort of thinking we need!

Unfortunately, I don''t have a twitter account or anyone that would be interested in following me for that matter! Could I ask you to post it on there to help get the word out?

a few of you might be interested in Capital Canaries. they have been around for a few years and are always having meet ups in london.

Thanks for the info Jas.

I''m a bit concerned about the distance for me personally though as a trip to London can be costly and time consuming... I might check one of the meetings out one evening though to see how it all works and what ideas I can borrow to make the concept work in herts/beds/bucks.

That''s quality mate, good work! Definitely couldn''t have done it with out you... :-).

I''ve applied to join the group so let''s get a meeting set up :-).

GtC, no probs - would be great to get this going properly - the link on the Facebook page for the 5 a side pitch looks like a plan in the making, we should push that.

Jas, thanks for reminder. Not in anyway trying to take anything away from Capital Canaries, they do a cracking job - but there seem to people like me in limbo where I''m prob dead in the middle between Norwich and London - so this is a nice compromise for those fans who are sort of in the middle!

I live in MK and would be interested in getting involved in such a set up, I know a couple of other fans around here

Hi Dave,

That''s fantastic, do you use facebook at all? The group seems to be going quite strong on there and there is talk that someone may have beaten us to the idea and there may be a group meeting in Tring soon... I''m yet to have this confirmed.

Failing facebook if you want to e-mail me your details I can contact you when something is sorted?

We''re also in the early stages of planning a five a side game (maybe tournament) for a few fans so people can get to know each other and have a bit of a laugh.

Get as many people involved as possible... at the very worst we''ll be able to make enough contacts to be able to lift share to games :-).

Up to 14 members now on Facebook, good effort for less than one day - keep it up

I know :-). I''m really pleased with how this has taken off!

Hopefully Dave and his mates will add a few, could be up to 20 by the end of the day.

Just brainstorming here GPAC... maybe if the five a side game/tournament is successful we could make a team to play other teams supporters groups??

Up to 16 members, I''ve had numerous emails/requests/tweets about this from fans keen to get this going and taking part, it''s fantastic - please keep it up.

The way we''re going we won''t be far off announcing details on a date and venue for our first 5 a side/meet up - great momentum thus far!

Again, you can find us at http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_223283207701431

Mushy... I plan to buy your 1st pint at the inaugral meeting! You''ve been immense in getting this idea to fly!

For potential meeting dates might I suggest at the start of a month so people have enough money for any little expenses (drink, travel etc....)?

[quote user="Grant the Cat"]Mushy... I plan to buy your 1st pint at the inaugral meeting! You''ve been immense in getting this idea to fly! For potential meeting dates might I suggest at the start of a month so people have enough money for any little expenses (drink, travel etc....)?[/quote]

I shall hold you to that ;)

In regards to first meeting date may I suggest perhaps 6/7 July (a Weds or Thurs as was preferred by someone on the Facebook page) - gives usjust under a month to get a venue, exact numbers, get further word out etc... and also coincides with being just after most peoples pay day!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_223283207701431

Wednesday the 6th sounds ideal to me. Shall we wait to see what the NCISA say before making it official? That way we''ll know exactly what we can offer?

Have put in a request to join group hopefully we can eventually set up an official organisation. In terms of events and meets i think these need to be scattered about as the 3 counties is a big area

We''re with you on that Dave!

Still working on the specifics and logistics (the group is only 1 day old!) but the vague plan looks like the 1st meeting will be at play football in Luton, purely because one of the gents works there so can swing a deal and a kick about is always a nice little ice breaker for those who want to play. Then after that all over the 3 counties, unfortunately as you say we do have a rather large area to cover so this may mean some travelling for all of us but hopefully the network of people will grow so that people will be able to share lifts etc...

When Matthew gets on fb and accepts you you''ll be able to see in more detail the sort of plans we''re thinking. He has got in touch with NCISA who would like our ideas on way the club can help supporters groups like ours so if you have any suggestions please let Matt know and he''ll put it to the club. The whole point of NCISA doing this is to unite all the supporters groups so they are afiliated with the club.

Of course ours will be the best supporters group in the land so we''ll get a website set up then aim for world domination!

Good luck with setting it up lads, I used to be with the Northern Canaries until I moved back to Norfolk and had some really good times with them, I still meet up with some of them when they are at Carrow Road or if I''m at one of the away games.

Northampton Canary here, might be interested in coming along, please keep me posted on the dates and details!!ThanksRupert

Rupert, here''s the facebook link http://www.facebook.com/update_security_info.php?wizard=1#!/home.php?sk=group_223283207701431¬if_t=group_activity

This would be the best way to keep up with it? or if you have twitter you could add @official_mushy, he''ll be tweeting about it.

Failing that, if you don''t have either of those could you send me your e-mail address and I''ll send any info out to you?

Harry Pothead, my brother was in the Northern canaries, he goes by the name of Adam, sometimes got in a little bit of trouble, was in his early 20''s at the time and claimed his local was the pub Jason Jarretts Dad drank at! Don''t suppose by some coincidence you guys met?

This is brilliant so in less than 2 days we have 25 members and our first social event sorted...

Anyone else who wants to join and hear more about the social event please logon to

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=617768933#!/home.php?sk=group_223283207701431&ap=1

If people don''t have Facebook I''m quite happy to hear from you on jez.davies@playfootball.net and I''ll get Matthew or Chris to add your name to the list....

[quote user="Grant the Cat"]Of course ours will be the best supporters group in the land so we''ll get a website set up then aim for world domination![/quote]

I''m in - just asked to be added to the group - might be one of the most easterly members - right on the border of Herts and Essex, but still in Herts and handily near the M11!

I own a couple of canary related domain names that I have never done anything with that I am prepared to be used by the group - one is www.nmtd.co.uk (close to my heart that one being my handle on here) I always intended to upload all the issues of Never Mind The Danger fanzine from the late 80''s early 90''s that I used to edit to that address but I have never got round to it. The other one is www.criterioncafe.co.uk - I always wished we had called the fanzine that so I grabbed it!

Anyway, get in touch if I can help.

Twitter @iamnmtd

[quote user="Grant the Cat"]Harry Pothead, my brother was in the Northern canaries, he goes by the name of Adam, sometimes got in a little bit of trouble, was in his early 20''s at the time and claimed his local was the pub Jason Jarretts Dad drank at! Don''t suppose by some coincidence you guys met?[/quote]How long ago was it?He doesn''t ring a bell but then again I''m crap at names.