Sign in to follow this  
Buffman

New Norwich song by rock band The Colour

I am genuinely mystified by those posters who are positive about this song.   The kindest words I can find are mediocre, derivative and poorly executed.   On that basis, Simon Cowell would love it.   Also, isn''t "Who Are Ya?" the worst chant heard at Carrow Road?   Boringly used by the Snakepit every time there is an opposition corner or throw nearby, it is embarrasingly unimaginative and certainly not big nor clever. Anyway, it is hardly going to be effective against the Premier opposition as we already know they know we know who they are.   Why would anyone want to put such dross into a song is beyond me and it would be very disappointing if the Club touched it with a bargepole

I can see no merit in the song at all.  It is unoriginal, unimaginative, uninteresting and ungracious.  My life would lose nothing if I never heard it again.

Agree! Btw lead "singer" was a ManU fan ever since I knew him in school so think it''s about grabbing fame rather than being a real fan. Which is pretty cynical. Then again Simon Cowell would approve of that behaviour too I guess.

Not good by any stretch of the imagination.Cheesey in the extreme and what an awful  title.

The ''intro'' is one of the worst things I''ve ever heard, 20 seconds of pub rock guitar lick that isn''t even referenced again in the entire song, how it was given the green light collectively will surely go down as a mystery of our time.Oh and the vocals make me a little bit angrier on every listen, real nasty stuff.

After going at listening again to it after some time to reflect I have to add that this is terrible. Just terrible. Another group trying to rip off the Norwich City feel good factor (isn''t the lead singer a Man U fan? You can here the Mancunian in his voice ;) ).I hear it is going to be used on the advert for the WhyNot breweries new ale."On the bandwagon, Jimmy!"

Ha ha, lead singer obviously rattled by being found out as revelations from someone else who knows truth and objects to bandwaggonning on back of Norwich City and charity have now been deleted from youtube. Trouble is if they do get famous you can''t delete people''s memories.

Not a big fan of this tune. If the club were to change what the lads enter the pitch to i''d personally prefere something like This is War by 30 Seconds to Mars. More up tempo and anthemic.

The only opinion on anything music related that has any sort of solid foundation is that of Willmeister.

However, as for a catchy, easy to grasp, fun, thunderous tune, the Canadian classic I use as my sign off is perfect. Besides being a great song, it''s obscure enough that nobody else will know it yet everybody else will wish they had it. Raise a Little Hell!

30 years after it became an anthem in Canada, it still shows up on NHL playoff games stirring up arenas before the pick is dropped.