Sign in to follow this  
Buffman

New Norwich song by rock band The Colour

As someone who works in the industry,its a GREAT footy song that should be played at our home matches...Alice in chains meets the Black lips

Just listened to this, the song is OK as a song, would be dreadful as a tune we came out to. What part would they play, none of it inspires any motivation, there is no real catchy hook.I think the the team should choose what music they come out to next year in all honesty, every little helps! and a song which may inspire some of the lads in the first few mins of the game should be used.Good effort anyway by the colour, respect for making a City song, i wish the lead didn''t do that horrible squeechy thing with his mouth when he says who are ya.

I was quite impressed actually, it was anthemic and tribal and could work well.  I do agree about the squeechy bit though, it would be improved without that imo, and the bit at the beginning where he says ''guitaaaar!''

[quote user="Eadienhucks"]As someone who works in the industry,its a GREAT footy song that should be played at our home matches...Alice in chains meets the Black lips[/quote]I''m feeling more Tony Hadley meets The Proclaimers....[:D]Could do with some production work, primarily thickening out the guitar, some doubletracking and overdubbing as it stands the guitar is just too thin to carry the tribal driving sound the song is so obviously to create, and the intro does kind of set the scene for weak (in the mix) guitar. The lyrics are let''s be honest a bit cheesy and the drums are too high in the mix also imo but all in all not bad. the singer has a good strong voice they should look at making more use of this in production, it''s very easy to be your own backing singer/harmoniser in the studio.

"As someone who works in the industry,its a GREAT footy song that should be played at our home matches."

As someone who''s in a band, it''s b0110cks...

Oh dear......

I am heavily into my punk , grunge , rock and that was bleeding terrible.

First impressions I thought they had Gunny on drums and the singers Tourette like outburst at the start made me stop the video and repeat just to make sure there had not been some electronic glitch on my computer, no it was some utterance

I really wanted to like it but really after two listens I still did not think it any good at all :( :(

do I want this representing my football club for the Premier league ?? sorry no :(

The Colour.... go back to playing down the Rat and Parrot :( sorry guys.

[quote user="First Jedi"]"As someone who works in the industry,its a GREAT footy song that should be played at our home matches."

As someone who''s in a band, it''s b0110cks...[/quote]

As someone who knows the lead singer in a 90`s dance band, tim garbutt,this song is BRILL

[quote user="Barclaybred"]As someone who knows the lead singer in a 90`s dance band, tim garbutt,this song is BRILL[/quote]

Well that instantly omits you from all questions in regards to musical pedigree

Bah,

I gave it listen #3 in a bid to attempt to be more positive as I am a muso and dont really want to slate others hard work... all i could come up with was :

Singer squealing like he''s in the Darkness : Gotta go

Opening riff : Too long and very flimsy

Lyrics : Yeh pretty apt and not bad ( leading onto )

Singer : To theatrical and mincy. Probably has some power behind his voice, find your own style mate.

Song production : Piss poor pub sound, can prolly be rectified easily though with some proper production ( REALLY needed if you want this anywhere near Carrow road guys )

Chorus : Yeh could be echo''d in the Barcley but I think it will  pick up im affriad.

When a team comes onto the pitch you want something that will make the crowd buzz and really get people going. The opening game of the prem is not the time to change the music. We stick to Song 2. Its what we know best and its what will blaze the fans regardless.

You dont want opening day with a new song and a high percentage of your fans narked for you using something they dislike ? Poor business in a business that rellys on "mob rule"

[quote user="First Jedi"]"As someone who works in the industry,its a GREAT footy song that should be played at our home matches." As someone who''s in a band, it''s b0110cks...[/quote]

As someone who''s not been in a band, nor ever will, I can confirm the song is not all that, and definately not a run out song. 

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]

Bah,

I gave it listen #3 in a bid to attempt to be more positive as I am a muso and dont really want to slate others hard work... all i could come up with was :

Singer squealing like he''s in the Darkness : Gotta go  More Marc Almond''esque [:''(]

Opening riff : Too long and very flimsy

Lyrics : Yeh pretty apt and not bad ( leading onto )

Singer : To theatrical and mincy. Probably has some power behind his voice, find your own style mate.

Song production : Piss poor pub sound, can prolly be rectified easily though with some proper production ( REALLY needed if you want this anywhere near Carrow road guys )

Chorus : Yeh could be echo''d in the Barcley but I think it will  pick up im affriad.

When a team comes onto the pitch you want something that will make the crowd buzz and really get people going. The opening game of the prem is not the time to change the music. We stick to Song 2. Its what we know best and its what will blaze the fans regardless.

You dont want opening day with a new song and a high percentage of your fans narked for you using something they dislike ? Poor business in a business that rellys on "mob rule"

[/quote]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][

Singer squealing like he''s in the Darkness : Gotta go  More Marc Almond''esque [:''(]

[/quote]Think we can just agree on the word, Sh1te

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][

[/quote]

Think we can just agree on the word, Sh1te
[/quote]

[Y] I was trying to be polite haha

That sounds pretty dreadful to be honest...maybe it can be played in the loos at half time but not for the team to run out to.

I agree it should be re-recorded without the high pitched bits by the lead singer and more blokes voices doing the who are you. Don''t agree with coments about recording quality, songs like this can sound too polished, its got to sound raw

[quote user="mtv"]You lot really do believe you are Simon Cowell!!!!!

[/quote]Well I''m Simon Cowell.....and so is my wife.....

[quote user="mtv"]You lot really do believe you are Simon Cowell!!!!![/quote]What does Simon Cowell actually know about anything ?Bloke has single handedly destroyed the music industry and is a parasite :)I know more about music that that man could learn in 3 life timesAlthough he could give me a life times lesson in how to exploit people thats for sure, bloke is a genius in that department.

"You lot really do believe you are Simon Cowell!!!!!"

If my music taste was a bad as Cowell''s, there is a (small) chance I might''ve liked the song...

[quote user="mtv"]You lot really do believe you are Simon Cowell!!!!![/quote]

Talking of which, would you broadcast that video on your channel?

[quote user="Mustard"]I agree it should be re-recorded without the high pitched bits by the lead singer and more blokes voices doing the who are you. Don''t agree with coments about recording quality, songs like this can sound too polished, its got to sound raw[/quote]

Are you part of my extended family Mustard?

I''ve been playing the track every day since I put it on my iPhone - it''s catchy and I like it.

I see Darren Eadie has come out and given it his support. Some of us out living here in the Blofield / Brundall area have decent taste then? :-)

I''m Steve Brookstein and I won the first X-Factor in 2004......I don''t like Simon Cowell..... he promised me a sparkling career...but now I don''t sing anymore.....because he tired of me...

I now make a crust going around Blackpool pretending to be Charlie Adam.....

Who probably doesn''t like Simon Cowell......either.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

I''ve been playing the track every day since I put it on my iPhone - it''s catchy and I like it.

I see Darren Eadie has come out and given it his support. Some of us out living here in the Blofield / Brundall area have decent taste then? :-)

[/quote]who might that be then as you and Mr Eadie both like it ?