Sign in to follow this  
Buffman

New Norwich song by rock band The Colour

Even an oldie like me is impressed, might not be bad to have that as the song the team come out to next season.

Like it.

It started off badly, trailed off in the middle and the less said about the end the better..........I''d be pretty embarrassed if I had to walk out to that.[N]

Dear god, what the hell?!

Was that meant to sound good?!

I don''t think it would be a big hit in the charts but I actually think it would work really well just before kick off. The lyrics are simple and easy for a crowd and it has that aggressive ''going to war'' kind of air about it which I think could really get the crowd going, especially in the Barclay, with ''Who are ya?'' directed towards the away fans and team. Got to be worth a trial at Carrow Road I think.

This is pretty awful... Why does he do the squeaky thing with his voice? Is that how we sound when shouting ''Who are ya''?? Besides that it sounds incredibly dated and doesn''t really do anything with its slightly irreverent lyrics. It was quite a struggle to listen to the whole thing!

Terrible song! Any band that tries to imitate the darkness (the Screechy "Guitar" at the beginning) and get it wrong, in my opinion is not onto a winner.

It probably won''t appeal to those who have taken 30 years to convert from Barn Dancing to Country and Western but I thought it was pretty good!

Alternatively the players could run out to a bit of Patsy Cline or HevYa gart a Loight Boy by the Singing Postman.

Come on folks lets get with the flow, instead of - ''Oi dunt loike ut cus ut gart one a thum gutarrrs a plair"un''

Well I really like it! ''The sound of the Canaries taking flight'' - good strong message.

This is the most credible local recording I''ve heard for years (and let''s face it, there''s been plenty of not-so-good stuff!). PLUS it''s for charity - good on the band I say.

Bet it sounds great in the stadium...

Here''s the link for the Radio Norfolk interview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVpHXWr4NeA&NR=1

The main problem I can see is that they are trying to do "cool rock stars" to "cheesey football song" -You can never combine the 2 !!

...err, apart from "World in Motion", I can live with that.

Hmm. Maybe a bit of NCFC musical inspiration from the Serious Drinking lads will help.Norwich City punk rock.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7r0Qs1eMTg(one day I will learn how to post a link)

My issue is the song sounds too ''simple'', and poorly put together. I like a lot of local bands, there''s some really good material out there. Sadly, I''m afraid this isn''t an example of it.

good song butttttttttt still think my choice for a first home game of the new season should have this played! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lHmDfaRq4E

glad you agree kickitoff.................its just that the words are what we all feel for the coming season in the Premier league....and its got that easy to sing chorus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TIFiaHyC9E&feature=related

Nothing would raise Norfolk passion better than this

[quote user="AJ Wizard"]My issue is the song sounds too ''simple'', and poorly put together. I like a lot of local bands, there''s some really good material out there. Sadly, I''m afraid this isn''t an example of it.[/quote]My sentiments exactly. Try Olympians, Sennen, Hello Bear, Lady Panther, Dumbfoundus, Girl In A Thunderbolt... all miles better.

A good stilton. Cheesey and very dated...

Best of luck to them, but not my cup of tea. It sounds incredibly thin, and needs beefing up.