Sign in to follow this  
Barclaybred

FOA CHRIS LAKEY..

As i havent openend an account yet to reply to your piece,"What can paul buy for 40 mill" in the EDP,i thought i would add my 2pence worth on here...

I think its safe to assume that the figure that was let out of the bag by our chairman is fact and PL has/is playing it down so he can start negotiations for new players without the price being inflated by the selling club..

So the first observation i would make is,the difference between the last time we got to prem,the pre season signings etc and doomcaster saying "we have to be prudent",which therefore gave worthy no chance,spending reportedly just under 1.75 mill incuding fees,wages on charlton/jonson and helvy!..Okay the doc and Deano later that probaly took us to the 5/6mil mark..

This time we/the Board are giving PL every chance with the reported figure!

There was a great disscussion on fee`s wages on sky sports 1 on a sunday morning about a month ago,and taking man city out of the equation,the fees for players bought and sold hit its curve top around 2003 to 2007!

So apart from decent players from the chamionship,and even mackiel smith in league 1,there are the players, there are hundred of hungry european players who are decent,with either a point to prove or on their way up,who would break a arm or leg to play in the prem..

And then theres the prem players who are not getting regular 1st team action,due to losing their place through injury etc

So for me "What would 40 mill buy"

In comparison to what we had or spent last time,

A HELL OF A LOT!

Could you point us to a reference about City spending £1.75m in 2004

Also please bear in mind that the player will be will rise considerably for those who already here. Players who joioned us in League 1 will have accpted League 1 wages .... because they were playing in League 1. They are not now.

[quote user="City1st"]Could you point us to a reference about City spending £1.75m in 2004

Also please bear in mind that the player will be will rise considerably for those who already here. Players who joioned us in League 1 will have accpted League 1 wages .... because they were playing in League 1. They are not now.[/quote]

So this is your forum name chris? ;)

It was in a EEN just after we got the doc,and it estimated how much we had spent...

Im sure the wages of our current squad was built into the budget already..

Which reminds me,i keep all important EEN`s from promo`s etc and the one in 2004 which was printed the day after out city hall parade.was much better than this time around!

Last time the gave a superb center spread,aerial view,of the gathering,in colour and a lot more seperate pages than this time,including the the lads on top of bus stops and vans,and the side of the castle mound full of yellow and green!

It was my 3rd fav EEN,and i was hoping for similar dramatic pics this time.

By way my fav was the 1 after beating bayern

2nd was a centre spread of Leon holding his arms out with the caption TOP OF THE LEAGUE AT PORTMAN ROAD!

I am not Chris Lakey, not connected to him or anyone associated to him, or the club, local media etc

You might be better checking the club accounts which usually can be found by posting on Google.

Unfortunately too many posts appear om here where people have simply conjurted up something on the basis of what sky or the sun have made up then use that to launch an attack upon the club. Most of the stuff is out there and fairly easily accessible.

As to what we spend it is the wages. Too many fans are over exciting themselves on some farcical guff about the transfer fee when blithely ignoring the true cost of player.

"i''m sure the wages of our current squad was built into the budget already.. "

How would that work ? What budget ?

Bear in mind that we paid around £800,000 in bonuses when we came up last season, so there will undoubtedly be another fair old chunk to pay this time.