Sign in to follow this  
Canarygeorge

QPR bid for Danny Graham.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I would still go for Mackail Smith. The boy looks so hungry, chases everything and can finish.[/quote]

I agree 100%,having seen him play a few times i think he''s well worth a pop,he reminds me of Holt,just runs after everything and is not afraid to get stuck in.

Yeah forgot about Long , think bigger clubs than Norwich would go for him though .CMS looks ok but the standard is poor big jump up to Premier League standard and if we intend to stay up we need more proven than gambles.

FAO CUSDP. Your boy has just scored again. Only trouble with him is little fat pig Fry is his future father in law, and would be forever interfering.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I would still go for Mackail Smith. The boy looks so hungry, chases everything and can finish.[/quote]

I agree 100%,having seen him play a few times i think he''s well worth a pop,he reminds me of Holt,just runs after everything and is not afraid to get stuck in.

[/quote]

I like Mackail-Smith too. I can see him in a Norwich shirt. He works hard, jumps and heads the ball well and, most importantly is one of those natural poachers who just seems to know where to be when the ball arrives. I assume Mr. McNally is already on it despite the gap on the first negotiation.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Dare I say that I think CMS is a better finisher than Holt?[/quote]

Holt can finish just as well from 3 inches .... LOL. My worry is that CMS never seems to score a special goal requiring sublime skill. Tap-ins don''t come so often in the Prem so he will struggle IMO.

Holt works the channels all game and frustrates people that sometimes he''s putting the crosses in rather than being in the receiving end.

CMS does score the odd "good goal" but agree he is a poacher. Owen, lineker, van nistelrooy and inzaghi have made a career of it.

Imagine the energy in our front line should he join!?

In the PL centre bks love to knock it about. Imagine how uncomfortable they''d feel being harried by those two.

i would prefer maynard more than any of the other strikers we have been linked to this season, graham seems a bit of a 1 season wonder to me , we shall see

The fact that news has leaked of the QPR bid makes me think that Watford have put it out deliberately to start an auction. I''d imagine that Malky wants Graham out asap so he knows how much money he has to replace him over the summer. There''ll be more than a few clubs declaring their interest over the next few days. I think that will make the price for Graham prohibitive and lacking in value.

[quote user="paul moy"]

A disgruntled QPR fan that defected to Chelsea was on Talksport this week stating that he got fed up with QPR''s owners running the club as a business.... LOL 

[/quote]

Definitely not a fan then. True fans do not defect. Your team is for life.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

I like Mackail-Smith too. I can see him in a Norwich shirt. He works hard, jumps and heads the ball well and, most importantly is one of those natural poachers who just seems to know where to be when the ball arrives. I assume Mr. McNally is already on it despite the gap on the first negotiation.

[/quote]

He''ll be even better when we get him up to the Norwich peak fitness.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I''m not his agent but take a look at some of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCxk_CfTpAk&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/quote]I think the Goal at 4.30 gives a good indication hes''s more than just a tap in guy! Sure a high percentage are, but at the end of the day you''ve got to be in the right place at the right time and would want to see any tap in chances put away at the end of the day! A nice mix of stuff and he looks quicker than Holt but also strong in the air.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13468214.stm

Doesn''t look like we''ll be getting him, cannot see Lambert spending more than this on Championship player!?!?

QPR''s bid for Danny Graham has been rejected by Watford, according to BBC Sports website.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13468214.stm

I still maintain he''ll end up going to Newcastle.

Watford have well documented financial difficulties at the moment, so Graham will be a bargin whenever he goes. I would guess 4-5 million. Bargin really as think how much we would want to get for selling Holt now? And CMS supposed to be £3 mill! Would be much more value for money than say Long.Obviously Norwich isn''t London but not a million miles away from Watford so I am sure he could definitely be tempted with Premiership football and the PL factor. Any of Long, Graham or Maynard I would be delighted with. In that order preferably!