Sign in to follow this  
Canarygeorge

QPR bid for Danny Graham.

With the money they have I would be expecting them to be going for players who have done it in the Premiership, I would like Danny Graham here!

Lets hope Lambert will match it if accepted, if not I would like to see Maynard here!

Got a feeling Malky will want a bit more than 2.5mil for Graham though, top scorer in the Championship got to be worth 4mil+ ?!?!

I personally think we have got no chance vs QPR

for a start, QPR and Watford will probably not involve a house move for player being about 30 miles apart.

He will also go straight into team at QPR as would only have to hold off a rather past it Helguson and an injured Mackie, he would less obviously get straight into our team.

There should be enough good players out there, not to get into an auction which is obviously what Watford want

Graham ,Maynard or Sharp are the only Championship strikers i would like to see here , Wolves are reported to be bidding for Sharp whether they stay up or go down , Maynard may be too expensive for us .

[quote user="You An Robots Legend"]Got a feeling Malky will want a bit more than 2.5mil for Graham though, top scorer in the Championship got to be worth 4mil+ ?!?!
[/quote]

I don''t get that logic...... We bought Cureton after he was top scorer in the Championship with Colchester..... LOL

I''d rather we give Cody a chance than sign another potential ''barn door''. [:D]

Haven''t Maynard and Sharp got question marks re injuries, and certainly in case of Sharp an attitude?

How about Long, Sordell, Sinclair or even Boothroyd?

i would be happy with the 1st 3, not sure about last one.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="You An Robots Legend"]Got a feeling Malky will want a bit more than 2.5mil for Graham though, top scorer in the Championship got to be worth 4mil+ ?!?![/quote]

I don''t get that logic...... We bought Cureton after he was top scorer in the Championship with Colchester..... LOL

I''d rather we give Cody a chance than sign another potential ''barn door''. [:D]

[/quote] Cody definately not returning to Gillingham  , so my guess would be he goes to Peterborough and we get CMS , dont see CMS as a Premiership player though.

Let''s go for Sordell, will be cheaper (in wages at least) and is an amazing prospect, if we could get it sorted quickly Watford might decide they don''t need the money from Graham and knock back QPR''s offer.

Don''t forget this is Graham''s first really good season and you have no idea whether he will cut it in the Premiership.  I think it would be a bit silly to get in a bidding war with QPR over Graham.

[quote user="Mahogany"]Let''s go for Sordell, will be cheaper (in wages at least) and is an amazing prospect, if we could get it sorted quickly Watford might decide they don''t need the money from Graham and knock back QPR''s offer.[/quote]

I like the look of Sordell and think he has a good looking future but is he someone we should be going for right now?  I''m all for buying players from the Championship and I definitely don''t want big time charlies here but I would like us to get someone who could be an improvement on what we already have and I don''t think Sordell is that.

Sordell, good shout. Young, hungry to play, hit 15 this season I think so wouldn''t be surprised if Lambert tried to sign him.

He''s done well this season, 12 goals is a very good return for a 19 year old, especially as he only started about half the season. He had the best shooting accuracy of any player scoring over 8 goals this season (69% on target). While I don''t think he''d be a starter every week he''s better than our back up strikers and will push Jackson for a starting spot.

Jay Rodriguez? Would battle well with Jackson, keep them at the top of their game. Seems to have an incredible knack of being in the right place at the right time (or is this just a good footballing brain?)

[quote user="Ben "]

Boyo:

Ipswich had a £2.3 million bid for Billy Sharp rejected. I don''t think they made a bid for Danny Graham though.

[/quote]

Yeah I heard about this but my Ipswich supporting mate said they also made a £2 million bid for Danny Graham but could just be having me on!

[quote user="Ben "]

Boyo:

Ipswich had a £2.3 million bid for Billy Sharp rejected. I don''t think they made a bid for Danny Graham though.

[/quote]

Yeah I heard about this but my Ipswich supporting mate said they also made a £2 million bid for Danny Graham but could just be having me on!

[quote user="Ben "]

Boyo:

[/quote]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I would still go for Mackail Smith.

The boy looks so hungry, chases everything and can finish.[/quote]Been involved in everything Peterborough have done so far. Very, very capable.

A disgruntled QPR fan that defected to Chelsea was on Talksport this week stating that he got fed up with QPR''s owners running the club as a business.... LOL 

[quote user="Ncfc"]Graham ,Maynard or Sharp are the only Championship strikers i would like to see here , Wolves are reported to be bidding for Sharp whether they stay up or go down , Maynard may be too expensive for us .
[/quote]

not shane long??