Sign in to follow this  
ChristopherNCFC

Norwegian Players

I live in a place right outside Oslo (Ski), and the manager of Vålerenga FC in Oslo is from my hometown. One of my colleagues who is a personal friend of him thought it wouold be a good gesture to tell me that there has been scouts from NCFC at the prevoius game Vålerenga has played at home, which I make to be 7th of May (Apparently they have tickets for the coming Sundays game as well, but it looks to be cancelled because of footballplayers on strike)

Not sure what I think about it, cause Vålerenga is not a very good team this season...

Could it be true?

It would make sense if we did have scouts in Scandinavia, if I''m correct then the Scandinavian leagues are summer leagues (?) and therefore it just makes sense to have scouts out there for a few games whilst most of europe is off on holiday.

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"]It would make sense if we did have scouts in Scandinavia, if I''m correct then the Scandinavian leagues are summer leagues (?) and therefore it just makes sense to have scouts out there for a few games whilst most of europe is off on holiday.[/quote]Yup, all Scandinavian leagues except Denmark are summer leagues.It does make a lot of sense to scout these leagues, because most of the players who come to England are able to settle due to the facts that they normally speak the language and don''t have to adapt to the cold winters. They also produce a number of decent players.

or this fella,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernest_Asante

Saw Rosenborg-Start on TV last night, and he was fast as f***... was like a Wes with a rocket up back... He was everywhere as well!

That said, I don''t rate scandinavian players THAT much anymore, cause its not like the opponent is of any PremierLeague quality...

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Mario Harpershite"]Yes, like Matty Jonson...  Oh.[/quote]What about Matt Svensson or Steen Nedergaard? They were alright...[/quote]I''ll see your Svensson and Nedergaard and raise you Thomas Helveg and Henrick Mortenson [;)]

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Mario Harpershite"]Yes, like Matty Jonson...  Oh.[/quote]What about Matt Svensson or Steen Nedergaard? They were alright...[/quote]I''ll see your Svensson and Nedergaard and raise you Thomas Helveg and Henrick Mortenson [;)][/quote]I don''t  get why people don''t rate Helveg. Worthy never gave him a run in the team until the last 6 or so games in the Prem and I thought we were much better for the addition of him (and Safri and Bentley), he was class on the ball (remember his cross for Ashton in the Newcastle game?).As for Jonsson? Well he was''nt Prem quality but I am adamant he would have been great in the Championship if we played him up front. He had passion as well as ability.