Sign in to follow this  
K Lo

Away Support - Anyone else find it odd...

...that on the TV/Radio they often go on about how many people travelled down from Norwich. Do they assume we all live within a 1 mile radius of Carrow Road? It''d be interesting to know how many fans that make up our away support do travel from Norwich/Norfolk. I went to the Sheff U away game because I was in Sheffield that weekend anyway and am in the Midlands during the week, so it wasn''t the same trek! Also did Walsall away last season as that was only a 40 min. drive.

I don''t find it odd as the vast majority of our away support are from in and around Norwich, their hardly going to comment on our away support as coming from all over the UK even though their are plenty of exile fans who go to away games like myself.

I think that due to the rural areas that encapsulate much of the geographical region that City fans would natural come from (ie. Norfolk and North Suffolk), many fans have left the region to find employment elsewhere.  In my industry there is one company in Diss, a few around Cambridge and that''s about it in East Anglia, so I had no choice but to head down to the London area for a decent job using my skills.  I''d imagine it''s very similar for the likes of Plymouth, another city out on a limb.

Everyone makes assumptions - its like the assumption that any real Manc supports ''Citeh'' and that United followers only come from Great Yarmouth.  I spent just over 2 years in Manchester and to be honest the locals were split 50/50 - if anything slightly more United than City (although I was in North Manc - may have been the other way round on the other side of the city)

Fact is that Norwich thrives on ''being local'' and most of the fans have lived in Norfolk at some point, even if they dont now.  I think we''ll have a lot of media interest again for just that reason - same as we did in 2004 and the Binners did before that.  Which leads me on to my assumption that the majority of people from Suffolk are Mocknee Chavs and actually support ''West ''am, Innit?''