Sign in to follow this  
Buzz Killington

Lambert to villa?

I know this is getting ridiculous, every time someone needs a manager, and don''t want to cause outrage. I heard today, just from a mate (who is nothing to do with the club), that lambert is being strongly tipped for the villa job, if GH doesn''t come back. It''s purely a rumour, and there''s no source at the club or anything. I dismissed it entirely, I then looked at the odds checker website,with vicor chandler, Lambert is 2nd favourite for the job! 11/2, as opposed to 12/1, or 14/1 for the wet spam job. Bookies don''t know anything official (which I know, as I am one!), but I found this interesting. If he''s going anywhere, which I don''t believe he will, surely Villa is more likely than wet spam.

[quote user="Buzz Killington"]Your sarcasm is astounding. And unnecessary. Thank you for the thoughtful reply.[/quote]

Well, if he''s going to get linked with every job, even ones that aren''t even open yet, why not add Chelsea to the list?

What do the bookies know?

He was odds on favourite for the Burnley job... He never go that. How does anyone other than the Chelsea board, know if 1. Ancelotti is getting sacked/leaving, 2. What kind of manager they want in his place. Maybe Chelsea want a young manager with potential, to bring Chelsea success in the long term...

I think he''s 11/2 because it''s more likely PL would want that job instead of a now Championship club (West Ham). It''s an open show market as there isn''t actually a job yet - prices will then fluctuate when there is a vacancy and the rumours start flying. Bookies make a fortune from these bets and can manipulate the market easily - most of the managerial rumours are from bookies PR people.

I remember backing Peter Grant at 33/1 :-)

[quote user="Scottlarock"]I think he''s 11/2 because it''s more likely PL would want that job instead of a now Championship club (West Ham). It''s an open show market as there isn''t actually a job yet - prices will then fluctuate when there is a vacancy and the rumours start flying. Bookies make a fortune from these bets and can manipulate the market easily - most of the managerial rumours are from bookies PR people. I remember backing Peter Grant at 33/1 :-)[/quote]

I don''t think any club would be willing to match the compensation figure that would be asked for,  personally I would expect it to be quite high, but lets not get carried away ( again) nothing mentioned from club and no contact from other clubs 

Do we have to have these ludicrous posts linking him with every job going?

Its because he has been so succesful with us that every club would want him as their manager but you may as well link us with Ferguson or Dalglish as his replacemnet here as well!!

He''s not going to Villa, all getting very boring now, can we talk about potential new signings? Which Premier team we face on opening and last day and Mcnallys tweet today on new kit V.Soon instead?

Nope.....because after Lennon''s final game in charge at Celtic......Lambert will be appointed as Celtic''s new manager......allegedly.

[quote user="First Wizard"]This drought is playing havoc with my garden.[:S][/quote]Blame me if you like.  I installed a water butt six weeks ago and it hasn''t rained since.  Every morning I wake up hoping to find my butt''s been filled.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Scottlarock"]I think he''s 11/2 because it''s more likely PL would want that job instead of a now Championship club (West Ham). It''s an open show market as there isn''t actually a job yet - prices will then fluctuate when there is a vacancy and the rumours start flying. Bookies make a fortune from these bets and can manipulate the market easily - most of the managerial rumours are from bookies PR people. I remember backing Peter Grant at 33/1 :-)[/quote]

I don''t think any club would be willing to match the compensation figure that would be asked for,  personally I would expect it to be quite high, but lets not get carried away ( again) nothing mentioned from club and no contact from other clubs 

[/quote]Compensation figures are not figures the club just make up, all to do with buying out the reaminder of someone''s contract. I really have no idea how Lambert''s contract is made up. Obviously the Mirror and Sun claim he has a rolling contract which we are yet to renew, if that was the case he could go for free. However, i remember Mcnally saying something last year saying they have tied Lambert down and have clauses in place if someone does try and nab him.Lambert has built a club here, i think everyone on this board has finally realised he won''t be going anywhere this summer

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]This drought is playing havoc with my garden.[:S][/quote]

Blame me if you like.  I installed a water butt six weeks ago and it hasn''t rained since.  Every morning I wake up hoping to find my butt''s been filled.
[/quote]

Its called ''sods law'' my friend.

We need a few barbee''s arranged, guarenteed that is.

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

Compensation figures are not figures the club just make up, all to do with buying out the reaminder of someone''s contract. I really have no idea how Lambert''s contract is made up. Obviously the Mirror and Sun claim he has a rolling contract which we are yet to renew, if that was the case he could go for free. However, i remember Mcnally saying something last year saying they have tied Lambert down and have clauses in place if someone does try and nab him.
Lambert has built a club here, i think everyone on this board has finally realised he won''t be going anywhere this summer
[/quote]

I think I am correct in saying that a rolling contract means that Lambert always has so long left on his contract (say two years?), which means that if we want to sack him we would pay out two years, and equally if he left for another club they would have to pay us two years worth of his contract.  I am sure Worthington was on a similar contract?  In that instance he would never be ''free'' to leave the club.

[quote user="Mister Chops"] Every morning I wake up hoping to find my butt''s been filled.
[/quote]

Oh but there are websites, dear boy.  Websites.

What is it with teams that wear those g''darn awful claret and blue shirts and being linked with our manager.....

Burnley

West Ham

Aston Villa

A team that plays in the Cambridgeshire Kershaw Senior B team play in claret and blue.. BRB I''m just checking their web site to see if they''ve been linked with Lambert...

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]This drought is playing havoc with my garden.[:S][/quote]

Blame me if you like.  I installed a water butt six weeks ago and it hasn''t rained since.  Every morning I wake up hoping to find my butt''s been filled.
[/quote]

lol naughty Chopsy [:P]

I think you should dismatle the said waterbutt

Oh for f**k sake, yes Lambert will leave one day. He may even leave this summer as football is so unpredictable but he''s our manager NOW so lets all just enjoy the sun.

[quote user="First Wizard"]This drought is playing havoc with my garden.[:S][/quote]Same here Wiz ... and my plums are now in serious danger of dropping off.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Blame me if you like.  I installed a water butt six weeks ago and it hasn''t rained since.  Every morning I wake up hoping to find my butt''s been filled.

[/quote]Your butt''s probably got a large crack in it. [st] 

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]This drought is playing havoc with my garden.[:S][/quote]Blame me if you like.  I installed a water butt six weeks ago and it hasn''t rained since.  Every morning I wake up hoping to find my butt''s been filled.[/quote]

[/quote]Got one planned tonight for daighter''s 15th.  No doubt it will rain but we''re in Sheffield so no hope to Norfolk gardens.  Maybe the Rapture will come to everyone''s rescue?

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]This drought is playing havoc with my garden.[:S][/quote]Blame me if you like.  I installed a water butt six weeks ago and it hasn''t rained since.  Every morning I wake up hoping to find my butt''s been filled.[/quote]

[/quote]Nice one!

[quote user="AndyCanary"]What is it with teams that wear those g''darn awful claret and blue shirts and being linked with our manager.....

Burnley

West Ham

Aston Villa

A team that plays in the Cambridgeshire Kershaw Senior B team play in claret and blue.. BRB I''m just checking their web site to see if they''ve been linked with Lambert...[/quote]
Chim chiminey

Chim chiminey

Chim chim cher-oo!

We hate those barstewards inClaret and Blue