Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

The Opposite of a Glory Supporter………………?

Much as been said recently about fans coming out of the woodwork, plastic fans and glory supporters.

But will anyone be attending less games this season?

With every City game been shown online, more media attention, Premier League costs and the fact that you are less likely to see City win, will any of this put you off going?

I went to 10 away games in League One but didn''t go to any last season does that count?

The opposite of a glory supporter? I''ve always just referred to them as Ipswich fans...

[quote user="Curious Canary"]The opposite of a glory supporter? I''ve always just referred to them as Ipswich fans...
[/quote]

that''s a bit harsh. They are all glory hunters, it''s just that for many, the glory happened BEFORE THEY WERE BORN.

My big problem next season is that living in Sheff I cannae afford to go to home matches, particularly with my 6yo in tow.  I have had a good run in recent seasons with away games though because there have been a lot in Yorkshire.  However no Yorkshire clubs in the Premier, nor Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire.  Next season I will be scrabbling to try and get tickets to Old Trafford & Eastlands which are the nearest matches to Sheff - everything else is goona be a struggle.  Might be able to do some games in Brum as family there to babysit my son.  However given the likely demand for the two in Manc I fear next season might be quite barren apart from cup matches.  Will have to rely on MyP2P and Radio Snorefolk!  Or get divorced, find a new job and move...........mmmmmm - bit drastic but if I am to prove myself as a Glory hunter.

Im in Leeds shefcanary and was thinking the same think but there should still be a few to get to

Man Utd, Man City, Bolton, Wigan, Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle, Sunderland, Blackpool all get-to-able.

I''m in Sheffield Uni term time but knowing my luck the manc games will be over christmas and the other North games will be August and Easter!

The Opposite of a Glory Supporter = The 699 Supporters that went to Yeovil after the Col Who 1-7.

I was there that night and quite amusing to hear the Yeovil fans take the mick. Also, Yeovil Town the only club that I can ever remember that had/has flowers in the away end toilets.

NMTD

Wasn''t at Yeovil but was at hartlepool to see our first away League win in League 1, the only place that I''ve seen a woman wearing a home shirt moving through the away fans selling raffle tickets whilst the game was in progress.

[quote user="CDMullins"]Much as been said recently about fans coming out of the woodwork, plastic fans and glory supporters.

But will anyone be attending less games this season?

With every City game been shown online, more media attention, Premier League costs and the fact that you are less likely to see City win, will any of this put you off going?[/quote]Well I got a season ticket when Grant got sacked, watched Roeder''s team, Gunn''s team and then Lambert''s team but gave my ST up this season just gone as I''d just become a dad and wanted to do the family thing at weekends as wasn''t around during the week because of work.  So that probably makes me a mug.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="CDMullins"]Much as been said recently about fans coming out of the woodwork, plastic fans and glory supporters. But will anyone be attending less games this season? With every City game been shown online, more media attention, Premier League costs and the fact that you are less likely to see City win, will any of this put you off going?[/quote]

Well I got a season ticket when Grant got sacked, watched Roeder''s team, Gunn''s team and then Lambert''s team but gave my ST up this season just gone as I''d just become a dad and wanted to do the family thing at weekends as wasn''t around during the week because of work.  So that probably makes me a mug.

[/quote]

Better than making your wife a mugshot Chops. [;)]

Its bizarre looking back but I could be one of those fans. After we dropped into league 1 I attended about 10 away games that season. I know thats not much to shout about but I went through a phase of just being a home season ticket holder before that . I just felt the team needed more support at a time when it may have possibly began dry up away from home. I am glad I did it though because I have remembered just how fun the trips can be. Particularly now we have team that plays in such an adventorous and positive manner on the road rather than sticking 1 up front and looking to steal a point.