Sign in to follow this  
canaryman

defoe for 4m?????

Hi just heard a very strange rumour defoe has had a bust up with redknapp, and norwich have bid 4m for him.I know hes a bit injury prone and deseperate to leave totenham, but 4m way too cheap me thinks, any ideas dudes?

would LOVE for this to happen but as previously mentioned wages will be a stumbling block. I think because they were Champions League this year his wages will just be too far out of our price range. I''ll keep my fingers crossed anyhoo though! LOL

Put this in that bulging file marked ''never in a million years''.

Wages would be far too high and I very much doubt he''d want to come to a newly promoted team even if we could afford him.

Yeah maybe guys but he might want a new challenge ;) and he might know our fanbase is just top class and e may lower his wages by 10-15k mybe dunno?

No way Jose!!!

Firstly, not a chance in hell that Spurs will let an England International forward who''s proven to be prolific in the prem go for such a small amount. You''ll be lucky to find him going for anything less than a double figure sum. Some people need a reality check, (not an attack on the OP by the way, as I know this is just what you''ve heard.)

Secondly, I wouldn''t want the gobby little t**t anywhere near our club. Yeah he can play, but is arrogant and has all the wrong attitude and would not fit in. He''s a nasty piece of work . . . and I know this from experience in speaking/dealing with him on occasions in the recent past.

Never going to happen, and no thanks anyway.

sorry, but am i the only one who''s not excited by the possibility of signing this type of player?

he''s just another one of the stereotype premier league glory boys who are just out for themselves and think they rule the world. will he really give two sh*ts about Norwich City and his team mates?

remember the last time he went to a ''smaller'' club? he went to pompey, admittedly scored a few, but jumped ship the minute he had the chance to go somewhere more glamourous. sorry, but no thanks.

Bit hypocritical A1Canary,

What about Tierney/Fox/Holt etc etc, jumping ship and signing for the more glamorous Norwich City, rather than playing for Colchester, Shrewsbury etc etc.

Plus you not think them same 3 players would ''jump ship'' and sign for a more glamorous club now?

[quote user="a1canary"]sorry, but am i the only one who''s not excited by the possibility of signing this type of player?

he''s just another one of the stereotype premier league glory boys who are just out for themselves and think they rule the world. will he really give two sh*ts about Norwich City and his team mates?

remember the last time he went to a ''smaller'' club? he went to pompey, admittedly scored a few, but jumped ship the minute he had the chance to go somewhere more glamourous. sorry, but no thanks.[/quote]Firstly I know we aren''t going to get Defoe so don''t take my following comments as an assumption we will, it is all theoretical. Defoe would be amazing for us! This whole "Lambert type of player" thing is getting over the top in my opinion, before we signed Surman I don''t think he would have been regarded as a "Lambert type of player", neither would Jackson. If it was 7 years ago and someone said we should get Huckerby then I''m sure loads of people on this board would be saying "No thanks, not a Lambert type of player"If we want to survive in the Prem we will need a striker who can score between 10 - 15 goals next year, I do not care if he likes his team mates, or if they like him, if he scores 15 goals then yes please! "Lambert players" do have a certain mentality, but they also have something far more important - ability. It is easier to find talented players hiding out in the lower leagues, but to find players with enough talent to make an impact in the Prem is much harder. Anyway, Defoe isn''t that type of player at all. He is well liked by everyone, seen to give his all and has worked his way up through the Leagues (something people seem to hold in high regard). Redknapp wouldn''t have signed him twice if he wasn''t someone with the right attitude.

There''s a strong whiff of someone trying to gain themselves notoriety by getting the rumour printed in a tabloid...

big difference - firstly no, they won''t leave now, just after they''ve got us where they have. they know if they leave they''re not going to have what they have here somewhere else. unless they want to go down a division.

secondly, i won''t begrudge any of them leaving for a bigger club when they''ve served us well. they will have earned it. do you think pompey fans thing defoe ''earned'' a move (back) to tottenham? what i don''t want is any players who are not buying in to NCFC. every one of our current players has done that. it will be hard for lambert not to upset what he has carefully created by signing a trophy player. but i think he''ll resist the temptation.

15 goals in 46 games this season. I''m underwhelmed and obviously Harry is also. No thanks.

So you think if Villa, Everton, Fulham came in for Fox he''d stay?

Likewise Holt, Surman, in fact every player in our squad?

You think none of these players want to play for the biggest clubs at the highest level.

You cant slag off players for using smaller teams as a ''stepping stone'' but be happy when players do that to join Norwich.

You''d be underwhelmed by signing a player who scored 1 in 3 this season in the top flight and Champions League? What on earth are you expecting? Messi? Ronaldo?

I''ll have some of what you''ve been smoking.

"15 goals in 46 games this season. I''m underwhelmed and obviously Harry is also. No thanks. "Where did you get that from ?    Defoe goals this season4 league    2 FA Cup    3 Champions League Total 9From http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/club_stats/default.stm"Defoe, who was out for two months last autumn after undergoing ankle ligament surgery, has made 21 league appearances this season, with six of those as a substitute."http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13436995.stm

[quote user="paul moy"]15 goals in 46 games this season. I''m underwhelmed and obviously Harry is also. No thanks.[/quote]Don''t bring me into it. [IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/001_tt2-1.gif[/IMG]

[quote user="canaryman"]Hi just heard a very strange rumour defoe has had a bust up with redknapp, and norwich have bid 4m for him.I know hes a bit injury prone and deseperate to leave totenham, but 4m way too cheap me thinks, any ideas dudes?[/quote]

unbelievable why did i even read this thread.what a waste of life

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]You''d be underwhelmed by signing a player who scored 1 in 3 this season in the top flight and Champions League? What on earth are you expecting? Messi? Ronaldo? I''ll have some of what you''ve been smoking.[/quote]

15 in 46 is poor for an out and out striker who contributes not much else. Redknapp realises this and so do I. He is not a Norwich-type player.  

Ooops .. got my figures wrong there ,,,, it''s 25 in 63 for Tottenham, which is still around the same ratio, so my opinion still stands.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]You''d be underwhelmed by signing a player who scored 1 in 3 this season in the top flight and Champions League? What on earth are you expecting? Messi? Ronaldo? I''ll have some of what you''ve been smoking.[/quote]

15 in 46 is poor for an out and out striker who contributes not much else. Redknapp realises this and so do I. He is not a Norwich-type player.  

[/quote]

He is not a Norwich-type player

your right he is way to good and expensive for a team like norwich at the moment

[quote user="lappinitup"]If he can''t get into Spurs team then he''s no chance of getting into ours!
[/quote]

.. and far too expensive to sit on the bench [:D]

I don''t understand how people are saying no thanks at £4 million for him. He''s be absolutely quality. Proven goalscorer and has been one of the most consistent English goalscorers in recent years. If he was available at that price, I''d like to think we are that ambitious and make a bid. Don''t get me wrong, if it was accepted I doubt he would join us, but at least give it a go if he is available. He''d be a perfect partner for Holt.

Anyone who thinks Defoe is not good enough for Norwich needs their head testing!

Anyone thinking theres the slightest chance he might come here is deluded!