Sign in to follow this  
Yellowfuture

Punchion Please

So pleased to see the Bluenose go down and so sad to see Blackpool follow them. So what about Puncheon, when he played at CR for Portsmouth was the best winger I have see there for ages? 

You must mean Southampton from the year before? I remember him scoring at Carrow Road for Barnet in the League Cup not so long ago!

I do mean Southampton and apologise for saying Portsmouth, may well have upset a few poeple there!  Have spent all day at our Aylsham mini soccer tournament today, too much sun!!! Anyway, Puncheoen looked good to me and I agree with the OP!

[quote user="Canary Man of Kent"]Vaughan looked very tidy too[/quote]Supposedly signing for Sunderland. Puncheon, however, is said to be available.

I''d take Puncheon and Vaughan.  Maybe DJ Campbell but is he any better than Jackson?

The issue with Puncheon is that whilst everyone in the game knows he''s a top player, he''s also got a reputation for being exceptionally very difficult to work with.

Look at how many teams he''s played for and how long he stays at the club. He''s almost always loaned out within 6 months of going anywhere and the teams that bring him in are the ones that need immediate help at any cost rather than those building a team for the long-term.

As much as I''d like him for what he''s capable of on the pitch, I can''t see Lambert upsetting the apple cart for one player.

[quote user="Canary Call Special Needs Admin"]The issue with Puncheon is that whilst everyone in the game knows he''s a top player, he''s also got a reputation for being exceptionally very difficult to work with.

Look at how many teams he''s played for and how long he stays at the club. He''s almost always loaned out within 6 months of going anywhere and the teams that bring him in are the ones that need immediate help at any cost rather than those building a team for the long-term.

As much as I''d like him for what he''s capable of on the pitch, I can''t see Lambert upsetting the apple cart for one player.[/quote]Bingo... he has even admitted this in the past, I believe. I wouldn''t him for this reason.

I''d rather have Phillips than Puncheon, i thought Puncheon was poor today..whearas Phillips does give you a direct pacy threat that we do lack.

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Canary Call Special Needs Admin"]The issue with Puncheon is that whilst everyone in the game knows he''s a top player, he''s also got a reputation for being exceptionally very difficult to work with.

As much as I''d like him for what he''s capable of on the pitch, I can''t see Lambert upsetting the apple cart for one player.[/quote]Bingo... he has even admitted this in the past, I believe. I wouldn''t him for this reason.[/quote]

I wouldn''t have him because he''s not good enough.

I don''t think we should get any Premier players unless they have some hunger. Bentley maybe has a reason to come back to start rebuilding his career but I wouldn''t have anyone who just wants to stay in the Premier because they got relegated.

Would much rather have young, hungry and under-rated Championship or League One players so that we can meld them into a team again.

I`d have Vaughan like a shot. Puncheon, well i suppose it depends on what his issues are and whether PL feels he can sort him out- but a good player who i`m sure will be desperate for another shot at the Prem.

On the striker front i`m starting to feel more and more convinced we`ll be getting......one Ched Evans. Still young, must be desperate to get away from Sheff.U., did well and seemed very happy here, affordable and won`t necessarily jump ship if we don`t manage to stay up. Having said that i think Jackson did enough at the end of last season to start next.

[quote user="sgncfc"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Canary Call Special Needs Admin"]The issue with Puncheon is that whilst everyone in the game knows he''s a top player, he''s also got a reputation for being exceptionally very difficult to work with. Look at how many teams he''s played for and how long he stays at the club. He''s almost always loaned out within 6 months of going anywhere and the teams that bring him in are the ones that need immediate help at any cost rather than those building a team for the long-term. As much as I''d like him for what he''s capable of on the pitch, I can''t see Lambert upsetting the apple cart for one player.[/quote]

Bingo... he has even admitted this in the past, I believe. I wouldn''t him for this reason.
[/quote] I wouldn''t have him because he''s not good enough. I don''t think we should get any Premier players unless they have some hunger. Bentley maybe has a reason to come back to start rebuilding his career but I wouldn''t have anyone who just wants to stay in the Premier because they got relegated. Would much rather have young, hungry and under-rated Championship or League One players so that we can meld them into a team again.[/quote]

How would you know if a player is hungry?

To survive in the Prem we need more than players with some intangible quality like "hunger", we need quality players who won''t be intimidated by being in the most watched League in the world. The step up from Championship to Premier League is massive and you can''t rely on determination and good spirit to get through - Blackpool and Birmingham have both shown that, they lacked quality and were punished despite being teams built on an idea of being "hungry".