Sign in to follow this  
????

I know we are back in the big time

Staying up is much more important i know!!  but i wouldn''t mind seeing us have a half decent cup run.  Its been a while!!!

I don''t see why a cup run would be a bad thing.

The top teams manage to use their first team in the league and the Champions League, and can still do well in the other Cups if they try.

People are saying Brums League Cup win, is what has relegated them... Well it hasn''t. Man.C have won the FA cup, and got 3rd place, when a couple of months ago, they were fighting to hold on to 4th.

If you get the right balance, have a decent squad of players and keep fitness high, a cup run is something that you should aim for, because anything could happen.

Some Birmingham fans interviewed after relegation stated that they would rather have silverware from a Cup win than survive in the Prem so they got their wish. It''s all a matter of choice.

Next season premiership survival is number one priority. Cup run, well I wish we get partnered up against a top 4 team and then can get knocked out gracefully.

Last premiership campaign, bentley got injured and if I remember correctly so did Helveg. When both these players returned we had a good run.

Cup run is not priority and certainly if we build a good little squad it is ideal to nurse players back to full fitness and to have those on the fringes go and prove themselves.

So I am not hoping for a long cup run I hope it compliments our plans to survive our first season back in the premiership. By adding a few extra games, for fitness and for players to get settled into it.

Siverware of course is fantastic but after two years of having silverware, I would be happy to sit back at the end of next season with none and having had a great season staying up in the premier league.

[quote user="smooth"]Next season premiership survival is number one priority. Cup run, well I wish we get partnered up against a top 4 team and then can get knocked out gracefully..... [/quote]Let''s not also forget that being a Premier League club we will now be a ''big scalp'' for any lower division team in the League or FA Cup- even coming from where we have in the last 2 seasons we would still be candidates for a headline ''giant killing'' if the draw falls that way. Opposition clubs will raise their game which will inevitably turn into tricky ties. Me, like others above, I''d settle for a quick, surprising exit in both cups if it meant we can keep our squad injury free and safely in mid-table all season.     

As we''ve not been past the third round in either the FA Cup or League Cup for the past two seasons & have been promoted in both, I''d be more than happy going out early in both, keeping the squad fit for the league & not having to worry about midweek trips away to League 1/2 sides who will be more than happy to kick seven bells out of our boys for 90 minutes.

Birmingham have to make another big Cup decision. Do they go for the Europa Cup, playing on Thursday nights etc or concentrate efforts on promotion. Personally, I hope they go for the Cup as they are one of the most boring sides to grace the Prem.

Damn right I want a good cup run. I would like us to try our best at everything we take part in next season. And although I want us to stay up, my biggest fear is that we become a team that just ''survives'' in the Premier League ''doing nothing'', you know the teams I mean. It would get boring... rapidly. Have had some great, and not so great, seasons in the Championship etc that have given our supporters alot more cheer and emotion than say what Everton supporters have had... I''d be bored stiff if I were a Toffees fan for instance.