Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

Ancellotti sacked

[quote user="Chelsea Official Statement"]......this season''s performances have fallen short of expectations and the

club feels the time is right to make this change ahead of next season''s

preparations.[/quote]Abramovich really is an arse isn''t he- if you go there as manager you have to make sure you win everything in sight, otherwise you will get shipped out PDQ. IMO it reinforces a public image of a club with no class. 

I think he knew it was coming (who didn''t?), he''s been talking up the West Ham job, saying he would be interested if he did get the sack.

Where next then for Ancelotti? I saw the West Ham link, and you would think that they''ll be frantically drawing up a contract for him as we speak (with Paul Lambert''s name freshly Tipp-Ex''d out of course).

"Results have been short of expectations"

They finished 2nd in the PL! They have become a truly pathetic football club since all the investment. Would love us to beat them next season.

Absolutely pathetic, football is being ruined.

[quote user="AJ"]Absolutely pathetic, football is being ruined.[/quote]

Agreed. The Premier League changed in someway for me the day Abramovich and his cronies acquired Chelsea, which then sparked a glut of foreign billionaire investors/owners. I think alot of those clubs have, for me, since lost their identity. I would be delighted if Chelsea NEVER win the Champions League... (and what I''d give for us to avenge one of those 4-0 defeats).

I totally agree with the above, since billionaires came into the game the number of teams able to win the league has dwindled, though I wouldn''t say no to a Norwich billionaire!

Actually since Abramovic bought Chelsea, the same number of teams have won the League in an 8 year period (3, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man.U) as there had been in the previous 11 years of the Premiership. And if anything, its now more open with Man.U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man.C and maybe Spurs/Liverlose all in with a shout next season....

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="AJ"]Absolutely pathetic, football is being ruined.[/quote]

Agreed. The Premier League changed in someway for me the day Abramovich and his cronies acquired Chelsea, which then sparked a glut of foreign billionaire investors/owners. I think alot of those clubs have, for me, since lost their identity. I would be delighted if Chelsea NEVER win the Champions League... (and what I''d give for us to avenge one of those 4-0 defeats).[/quote]Totally agree Alex... but he''ll leave happily counting his pay off.

Absolute joke of a club.  They came second and if they didn''t have that dip in form they would have been a lot closer to the title.  Man Utd deserve the league, they have been so consistent all season.  Sometimes you just have to admit you were beaten by a better team.

[quote user="Boyo"]Absolute joke of a club.  They came second and if they didn''t have that dip in form they would have been a lot closer to the title.  Man Utd deserve the league, they have been so consistent all season.  Sometimes you just have to admit you were beaten by a better team.[/quote]The thing is though, this is arguably the weakest team to have won the Premier League in years. The points total by all teams at the top reflected this.But Ancelotti did not deserve to be sacked for coming second, especially after winning the double last season.

Being sacked for finishing second in the top flight sounds ridiculous but these are the standards set by the top clubs today. He spent a huge amount of money in January (although it''s debatable whether it was his decision to spend £50million on Torres) and if you do that and don''t win a trophy then you''re going to get the sack. Also this is the weakest Premier League there has been for years. A club like Chelsea should have really been looking to get much closer to United, in the league and in Europe, than they did.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Alex"][quote user="AJ"]Absolutely pathetic, football is being ruined.[/quote]

Agreed. The Premier League changed in someway for me the day Abramovich and his cronies acquired Chelsea, which then sparked a glut of foreign billionaire investors/owners. I think alot of those clubs have, for me, since lost their identity. I would be delighted if Chelsea NEVER win the Champions League... (and what I''d give for us to avenge one of those 4-0 defeats).[/quote]Totally agree Alex... but he''ll leave happily counting his pay off.[/quote]

I think he was fishing for it myself, mate. However that does not justify that Russian prats actions... Seriously, I can see myself cheering everytime they lose next season. A once great club that I now find very odious...

Btw, I would love to see the FA check out their books ;)

before Abramovic came along chelsea were a mid table top flight side with one eye on the relegation zone every season.once he takes his money and runs they will be a mid table premiership side with one eye on the drop zone again.. i for one will be one of thousands laughing!Horrible club with plastic glory hunting fans. They would struggle to even get 25,000 if they werent where they were in the league.

Unless you spend 60 seconds on a google search, Chelsea Match reports 2001-2002 (Because they only go back to the season Abramovic took over on their website) and you will find most home attendances were 28,000-41,000. With the exception of a FA cup replay against us... (This includes high attendance''s against teams like Leicester, not just Man.U....).

And the 6 seasons previous to Abarmovic taking over, their lowest position was 6th....And the 3 FA Cup finals in that time. But don''t let facts get in the way of your opinions....

I''m not saying Abramovic has helped football in any way, or that he''s a good person. But do you really think, if he didn''t buy Chelsea, someone else wouldn''t have done the same (at any club) in the next few years? Just because he was the first, doesn''t mean its all his fault, it was only a matter of time until some one very rich, and possibly dodgy started the trend. Money has always been a part of Football, nowadays its just getting a bit over the top, but it is in most forms of entertainment. (Have a look at the incomes of some Singers and Actors. Even other sports are starting to get bigger prises, like that Cricket league in India or where ever it is with the pretty huge prize money, I seem to remember hearing about prize money at Wimbledon, and losing the first round gives you enough money to live on comfortably for at least a year).

My first non-Norwich match, was a Chelsea match, my Grandad used to live in the area and a friend/co-worker got 4 season tickets from his company (primarily to use for clients, but if he didn''t have any to take to a game, he was free to use as he wished) in the boxes (which are open air, so not sure why they are still called boxes).We got to go along once and it was Chelsea 1-1 Spurs, with Zola and Sheringham scoring, i really enjoyed myself, so have always liked Chelsea since.

I can understand the dislike towards them, but i think its far to over the top, and so many of these things people come up with (Like premier ship being less open, despite the same amount of teams winning in last 8 seasons, as there were previous 11...And struggle to get 25,000 fans, looking at relegation etc...All completely wrong). Chelsea may have been the first English team to change, and Abramovic may be a bit dodgy, and rash (I personally think its very silly sacking Ancelloti, and buying players like Shevchenko when the manager doesn''t want them) But there not the only club to spend lots of money, and make stupid decisions....