Sign in to follow this  
Lineo

Owen Hargreaves

Being released by Man Utd at the end of the season in the hope that he resurrects his career,Worth a trial surely?

He''ll break down during the trial...

Was turning into a very good player before the injury, but thats taken a massive toll on him....

Not for us this time around...

Noooooooooooooo, noooooooooo, nooooooooooooooooooo

How can you trial sumone who is injured??????

If he was likely to be fit soon man utd wud have prbably kept him

He always struck me as being over-rated (mind you SAF would know better then me[:$]). You''d think he''d have trouble getting past the medical- wherever he goes it''s going to be ''pay as you play'' surely?

[quote user="Dereham Tifoso"]He always struck me as being over-rated (mind you SAF would know better then me[:$]). You''d think he''d have trouble getting past the medical- wherever he goes it''s going to be ''pay as you play'' surely?[/quote]More chance of Rooney coming for a trial.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Great signing for a team of medical students.

[/quote]

Agreed, but I don''t think that our physios would welcome so much overtime.... [:D]

It wasn''t that long ago that was the way everyone was talking abbout Zak Whitbread...?!

[quote user="ChrisT"]It wasn''t that long ago that was the way everyone was talking abbout Zak Whitbread...?![/quote]

Seriously, there''s no comparison. Hargreaves has had knee ligament problems for years and multiple operations on his knees, and has played less than 5 competitive games in about 3 years. He really should retire.

wouldnt suprise me if  Hargreaves doesnt end up in league 1 or something... one last pay day for him.

Was turning out to be a really good player before manure signed him. I think some prem club will sign him, but cant see him being offered anything other than a pay as you play deal like Michael Owen has at the moment. The doctor who operated on him said he has never seen a pair of knees in such bad condition as his so would be very risky. A

Him, Micheal Owen or Woodgate would all be worth a punt of pay play deals, if any one of them was to be fit and re-capture an ounce of their prior form we would be onto a winner!

[quote user="birchfest"]Him, Micheal Owen or Woodgate would all be worth a punt of pay play deals, if any one of them was to be fit and re-capture an ounce of their prior form we would be onto a winner!
[/quote]

Blimey if they all played in the same team for a game that would take care of about £200K that week alone without their other team mates.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="birchfest"]Him, Micheal Owen or Woodgate would all be worth a punt of pay play deals, if any one of them was to be fit and re-capture an ounce of their prior form we would be onto a winner![/quote]

Blimey if they all played in the same team for a game that would take care of about £200K that week alone without their other team mates.

[/quote]Perhaps 5 years ago, I think they will be looking for any premire league club that will have them and they will be vastly more flexable on their wage now. Apart from Owen, the other two wouldn''t be able to drive much of a hard bargin with their current history of fitness. But like Harry has said of Woodgate, if someone takes a gamble and he gets and stays fit you would have a world class centre back on the pitch.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]wouldnt suprise me if  Hargreaves doesnt end up in league 1 or something... one last pay day for him.[/quote]

I doubt an entire year playing League One would earn him a weeks worth of what he''s been on at Man Utd.

Aren''t most players covered by insurance for career-ending injury anyway?

I admit when I saw he''d been released I thought about whether we could get him. Good player in his day but I imagine he''s pretty crippled after all that time out and operations.

Good luck to him anyway, he never struck me as a typical footballer and seemed pretty down to earth in interviews. Can''t be easy ending your career so early...

Very sad in that he could have been a world class player, but no I don''t think he''d be worth the risk now, to describe his injury problems as chronic would be something of an understatement!

Unbelievable player, England missed him so much, he had that German winning mentally which no other England player had. Top class DM.

Sadly its too late for him, such a shame.

thats totally what i thought when i see that he was being released ! Think if he stayed fit........ I know big if could do a job for us ! Obv depending on wages and things and if he showed Mr lambert he had the right attitude.

[quote user="ChrisT"]It wasn''t that long ago that was the way everyone was talking abbout Zak Whitbread...?![/quote]Exactly what I was going to chime in with.

[quote user="birchfest"]Him, Micheal Owen or Woodgate would all be worth a punt of pay play deals, if any one of them was to be fit and re-capture an ounce of their prior form we would be onto a winner!
[/quote]

Any chance of entering the real World at some stage?

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="birchfest"]Him, Micheal Owen or Woodgate would all be worth a punt of pay play deals, if any one of them was to be fit and re-capture an ounce of their prior form we would be onto a winner![/quote]

Any chance of entering the real World at some stage?

[/quote]Hahaha, jeez calm down. Fair enough if we were still in the championship, but we arnt and those players will be looking for Premier league football and no top 6 side is going to take a punt, why not? People still appear to be judging these out of  contract and injury prone players capable of negotiating something similar to their previous deals. Football clubs arnt stupid and they themselves will have to be realistic about where they want to play and the wage they can expect.Certainly more realistic then the Defoe rumour....

Klose, Defoe, Hargreaves, Woodgate and Owen!
Old, injury-prone...but when all on form! WOW!