Sign in to follow this  
canaryfan68

A year from today???

We have witnessed the emotins many have been through at Fulham in 2005 so we know how it feels. But what do you think we will be feeling a year from today...will we be a Birmingham or a Wolves or a West Brom who were not even involved?

Now I am not trying to wish a year of your life away, but this funny old game evokes so many emotions.

Well done to Sam Vokes....!!

[quote user="canaryfan68"]

We have witnessed the emotins many have been through at Fulham in 2005 so we know how it feels. But what do you think we will be feeling a year from today...will we be a Birmingham or a Wolves or a West Brom who were not even involved?

Now I am not trying to wish a year of your life away, but this funny old game evokes so many emotions.

Well done to Sam Vokes....!!

[/quote]

I''d be happy to be a West Brom - at least for one season.  Having said that theres probably more likelihood we''ll be involved in our own scrap for something - theres rarely a dull moment at the end of a Norwich season....

[quote user="Mister Chops"]West Brom sounds good to me.  I''d like us a comfortable 15th and clear of 18th by 4 points come the final round of games.
[/quote]

Todays news from Foulger sounds very good and keeping P L I see us in the top half of the table around 9th Can''t see any of the bottom half being a real threat to us, keep the bulk of what we have now and top up with 4 class players and I think that we will be a hard match for anyone.   

We can all dream of being top half but that would make lambert even more of a miracle worker than he already is. There are several good teams in the mid table region and while we may have th team spirit conceeding so many goals this season is an alarm call for next year.

The step up in class is enormous; Just as he did last close season I think PL will retain the core of the squad but strengthen everywhere else.

I would take 17th on goal difference right now - anything above 15th is knighthood time for PL.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]We can all dream of being top half but that would make lambert even more of a miracle worker than he already is. There are several good teams in the mid table region and while we may have th team spirit conceeding so many goals this season is an alarm call for next year.

The step up in class is enormous; Just as he did last close season I think PL will retain the core of the squad but strengthen everywhere else.

I would take 17th on goal difference right now - anything above 15th is knighthood time for PL.[/quote]I wonder if the reason we concede so many goals is because of our emphasis on attack? Lambert''s plan seems to be based on the fact thatthat 1 win + 1 loss = 3 points, 2 draws = 2 points. However, the Prem. is much more punitive on defensive shortfalls, so the 1 win + 1 loss is more likely to be 1 loss + 1 loss!I suspect we may see a different tactical approach next year.

Yes, you''re right. We''re far less likely to get away with letting 2 goals in at home and count on scoring 3! (Yes, I do know it happened against Bolton).

I sincerely hope that we don''t change our style of play. We have not got promoted 2 seasons in a row in those respective divisions by sitting back and hoping to nick it - We''re far less likely to pick up points playing defensively I feel, inviting pressure for 90 mins. A few more quality signings, keep similar tactics and we''ll more than survive I feel, otherwise I think we''ll be relegated by Christmas.

Historically, Norwich City have been undone by success.

If we can change this and learn to deal with triumph as well as disaster we will have really acheived something.

It could happen as the Club is now so much better managed.

i reckon we could spring a suprise and do a west brom and get a mid table finish!!! Team spirit is very high and will be a key aspect to our success....now that PL is expected to sign a new contract, finally stability with management, board and squad we will be fine. OTBC!!

Fact is, we will be losing more and winning fewer games next year. Losing games will inevitably take its toll on morale. So it will be interesting to see if we can keep up the team spirit and work ethic. There in lies the key to our outcome I feel.

Personally I think we have a great chance of survival. But we could finish anywhere between about 8th and 20th.

We''ll be a Wolves. Workmanlike, energetic, unfashionable, mostly in the bottom half of the table but capable of giving the big boys a game. Sound finances.