Sign in to follow this  
Scottlarock

- James Mcfadden

...can''t go into any detail but this is a very likely signing. Only variable is fitness/recovery from injury which will impact on the style of contract.

Hmm..interesting. Surprised Celtic/Rangers aren''t interested, but I could see working for PL being a lure and staying in Prem too. Definitely a gifted player

Far too injury prone sadly, he was a very talented player....

They won''t have much hope of getting that though. They''re going to need to get players like McFadden off their wage bill sharpish.[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]His price tag puts me off. Wouldnt pay anything over £3m. I think Brum will want to recoup the £5m the paid.[/quote]

[quote user="Hog"]Far too injury prone sadly, he was a very talented player....[/quote]

...the contract will limit our exposure to problems and reward the player if he can gain full fitness and a good run of appearances. If PL can get consistent performances then he''d be an amazing signing and a show of intent as to how we will want to play and approach the Premiership.

Gives something completely different to the squad. He is also a natural left winger, which we need as Surman isn''t cut out to play on the left, I see him more of a central player. If he gets over his injuries he could be a very good free transfer (he is out of contract, right?).