Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

David Bentley versus Simon Lappin

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Who would you rather have in your team and why?
[/quote]

For me personally, this is a no-brainer.  It''s the age-old question of thoroughbred or pit pony-  artist or artisan - Prince of Thieves or Prince of Persia. 

Bentley, as his name suggests, is class but expensive to run, but when the chips are down and it''s do or die, will he put in a good honest shift and knuckle down in the trenches with the hoi polloi?  Those of us who watched Fulham away in 2004-5 via satellite technology will know that he went missing that day and was as much use as a shopping trolley at the apocalypse. 

Simon Lappin is a grafter, a good honest pro, a steady eddie, a team man, a loyal and devoted servant, a humble ambassador for the lesser lights and what''s more, he has a good solid left foot.  He knows his limits and would probably throw himself on a grenade if you asked him to.

In summary I would have both in my arsenal, with Bentley preferred for the big time charlies and Lappin for the good old relegation six pointers, you know, a bit like using your left hand sometimes for variety or lying on your right one until it goes a bit numb.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Can''t we just have Cody?[/quote]This reminds me of the away defeat to Swansea when Jas suggested that Korey Smith should "fill the Hoolahan role".... except your idea is genius.  Let''s put Cody on the right and he can put crosses onto Defoe''s head then score the rebounds, like a mini version of Crouch & Van de Vaart.

[quote user="Bore Bore Bor"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Who would you rather have in your team and why?[/quote]

For me personally, this is a no-brainer.  It''s the age-old question of thoroughbred or pit pony-  artist or artisan - Prince of Thieves or Prince of Persia. 

Bentley, as his name suggests, is class but expensive to run, but when the chips are down and it''s do or die, will he put in a good honest shift and knuckle down in the trenches with the hoi polloi?  Those of us who watched Fulham away in 2004-5 via satellite technology will know that he went missing that day and was as much use as a shopping trolley at the apocalypse. 

Simon Lappin is a grafter, a good honest pro, a steady eddie, a team man, a loyal and devoted servant, a humble ambassador for the lesser lights and what''s more, he has a good solid left foot.  He knows his limits and would probably throw himself on a grenade if you asked him to.

In summary I would have both in my arsenal, with Bentley preferred for the big time charlies and Lappin for the good old relegation six pointers, you know, a bit like using your left hand sometimes for variety or lying on your right one until it goes a bit numb.

[/quote]

You''re a man of the world Bor, I like that about you. 

The day we start recruiting players like Bentley is the day we start heading back to where we''ve just come from.

I feel Bentley has joined the ranks of many other good young footballers (we''ve had a few) who have had their chance .... and blown it. No thanks.

whoa yeah, Bentley is so overrated, blah blah blah...

...you cheeky scamp Mr Chops ;0)...

Now for my one...

Nigel De Jong or Matty Gill?

I would say bentley falls into the has something to prove catagory myself. Bright start to his career and if you can get him playing to his potential what a play you''d have on  your hands!

I''d rather have who Lambert would rather have.

Why? Because he knows best.

I mean he might figure he can handle Bentley like Mark Hughes did and then.......Hmmmm.......whooooosh!!!

Should we deny Lambert the opportunity? That might be the better question!

Now what do you think about that, Chopsy?

OTBC