Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

Jay bothroyd

No thanks.  I think he is overated and I also just don''t like the fella.  I would rather have CMS.  I would take Burke in a flash though.

No thanks, this season was his best goal scoring wise (he usually gets about 10) for his whole career by along way and he looked very poor the last part of the season.

Agree with whats being said here. His start to the season was incredible but since then he has completely coasted and hit the buffers since his England call up. I think his attitude leaves a lot to be desired too. I didn''t like how he blamed his teammates for the loss to Middlesborough and wasn''t impressed with how he bottled a very winnable challenge against the Reading goalkeeper which probably could have resulted in a goalscoring opportunity if he had won the ball.

[quote user="Mario Harpershite"]

I think a lot of the players being bandied around on here - such as Bothroyd and Bentley and even Defoe - are justified by saying ''Lambert sould knock them into shape''.

Whilst I don''t doubt he could, he hasn''t actually got a track record for that kind of thing - not so far at City anyway.  Rather he gets players with the right attitude in the first place and I dont see him going for anyone like this in a million years.

[/quote]

And as well as that I think Bothroyd has an attitude problem and believe''s himself to be bigger than the club, and his true colours came out when he was selected to play for England, (CRAP) I might add