Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

Jay bothroyd

Has left Cardiff due to not being able to agree a new contract...surely worth a punt as he is on a FREE[Y]

Yes he can be a bit of a pratt but im sure PL will keep him in line....thoughts???

Decent player, but I wouldn''t be pleased if we signed him. I don''t think he fits into the Lambert philosophy of being hungry enough.

I think a lot of the players being bandied around on here - such as Bothroyd and Bentley and even Defoe - are justified by saying ''Lambert sould knock them into shape''.

Whilst I don''t doubt he could, he hasn''t actually got a track record for that kind of thing - not so far at City anyway.  Rather he gets players with the right attitude in the first place and I dont see him going for anyone like this in a million years.

Didn''t appear to give a toss towards the end of the season. Another player who perhaps believes he''s better than he actually is.Having said this I''m sure Lambert would be a far better manager for him than the whinging git he''s been used to.

don''t think he will be hungry enough for the full season, maybe the first 2/3 games but then become arrogant and end up being sent out on loan!

I think he is worth taking a gamble on, even though he has been a bit of a problem in the past. Would be a fantastic addition for us: he would be able to play with Holt because he is quick, and could deputise for him because he is big (I know that sounds very simplistic...)Also, I am guessing he wants to force his way back into the England reckoning after making his debut last year? So would therefore have something to prove to Mr Capello, with the Euros next summer (although he would have to have a season and a half to do that).

I went to a Q and A with Lambert a few weeks ago and he did actually answer very in a very honest fashion when asked if he could pick any player from another championship side who would he would have (this was a day or two before 1p5wich...).

Talked about Graham and Long (also said he wouldn''t be interested in taarabat, didn''t fit into his philosophy), but finished by saying it was a close call for him between Bothroyd and Bellamy, either of those two, but didnt think we could ever afford either! Bellamy if he had to choose...

Not sure we could afford any of long, bothroyd or bellamy though...

sounds like CMS is a done deal though, and I wouldn''t complain, would be a great addition to the squad!

no thanks

attitude stinks and he is shit, no heart for the fight not a lambert player

Oh please God no.

Last season, even more than the previous one, demonstrated that our success is built on a team.

Sure, we''ll need a bit more quality, but only players that will run through brick walls for each other and Paul Lambert. I dread to think how easily things would start to unravel with Bothroyd and his ilk.

A game as important as the last one for Cardiff, and what did he do when ''attacking'' a 60:40 (ball in his favour) a one on one with the Reading keeper?!

CMS any day of the week instead of his sort. Our success will, I''m positive, be built once again on a team being much more than the sum of its parts.

......but, whatever, in Lambert we completely trust.

tell you what, has anyone read the full report?

Cardiff are losing most of their squad, they are screwed!

one or two that i would love to have in the squad there... chris burke anyone?! would be great impact sub for a freebie

I wouldn''t mind if we got him in. To say he isn''t hungry enough I think is rubbish - he''ll be desperate to add to his one cap for England and clearly has the talent to realise this ambition.

It was Jonson, and a terrible, idiotic thing to do.

I like to think he has matured a bit since then though

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/133164/Rugby-union-round-up.html

[quote user="drurys dodgy knee"]I wouldn''t mind if we got him in. To say he isn''t hungry enough I think is rubbish - he''ll be desperate to add to his one cap for England and clearly has the talent to realise this ambition.[/quote]

But Grant Holt, Cody Mac (if he comes back) will both want to try and get an england Call up! Its a very long shot but stranger things have happened!

I know that link sounds crazy, but it is genuinely a link to the Norwich vs Blackburn match report! Odd!

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="I am a Banana"]Didn''t he also kick Helveg in the corner when we were in the prem last time?[/quote]

Close- he kicked Jonson.
[/quote]

I knew it was him that got kicked and in the corner I just assumed the full back [;)]

...i know I should never assume....

Overrated (particularly by himself), dodgy attitude and discernible lack of fight in adversity. He was a waste of space when Cardiff really needed him. Not a Lambert player in a million years.

[quote user="Delia Devonshire Dirtbox"]Banana, Cody Mac will want an England call up? hahahahaha its just gets funnier[/quote]

whats stopping him? if he comes back and scores then its going to happen?

Bothroyd - good player, will score goals in the - I''d have him at Norwich.

Banana - DJ Campbell has scored 13 goals this year, has he got an England call up? Darren Bent has regulary scored 15 - 20 goals a season and has only started to regulary feature for England. Mr McDonald would have to score 15+ goals for a couple of season to be considered for England.

I''d rather have Chris Burke to be honest. Could be a useful squad player.

I also didn''t realise just how many loan players Cardiff contained within their squad. It''s been stripped down to about 20 players now, including kids. Might be in trouble...

[quote user="lappinitup"]Not Lambert''s type at all.[/quote]

We keep saying ''Not Lambert''s type'' - But do we really know mate?. To be fair, from what I read on here earlier, Lambert at a fans forum or something quoted Bothroyd as in his top 2 Championship players he''d like to sign (alongside Bella''s)... That paints a very different picture to Bothroyd not being a Lambert type of player. I reckon he''ll go for him.