Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Players we would take from relegated PL teams

From West Ham, Birmingham and Blackpool, I realistically think we could take (and would like us to take) the following players:

Scott Dann - Birmingham

Charlie Adam !  Or maybe Taylor-Fletcher from Blackpool - although he''s probably getting on a bit, gives his all.  Is Martin Taylor still with the blue-noses ?  And the fella Ba from the Hammers.

Could we get both Scott Dann and Rodger Johnson? This would really help our weak point in the team - the defence.

I''d love to see Craig gardner here as he always seems to pop up with a goal or 2!

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I said realistically take. We have no chance of getting Charlie Adam. I think he will sign for either Man Utd or Liverpool.[/quote]

Well to be fair you suggested Scott Dann and he has been linked with a move to Liverpool numerous times.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]From West Ham, Birmingham and Blackpool, I realistically think we could take (and would like us to take) the following players:

Scott Dann - Birmingham[/quote]From West Ham:Green, Gabbidon, Upson, Collison, Tomkins, Hines or NobleFrom Blackpool:Campbell, Evatt, Southern, Phillips or Taylor-FletcherFrom Birmingham:Carr, Johnson, Dann, Gardner, Beausejoir or McFadden

I don''t rate any of the West Ham players, apart from obviously the unrealistic Scott Parker. Upson is on a huge downward spiral, Green''s wages are too high and the rest are just average.

From Blackpool I''d happily take Taylor-Fletcher, he always looks quality and is a very realistic target. Evatt though always looks a liability, Campbell is merely ok and the rest are definitely worse than what we already have.

From Birmingham I''d definitely like to see Gardener or Johnson. Obviously Carr is way too old, McFadden is crocked and the others are average.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Is Martin Taylor still with the blue-noses ?  And the fella Ba from the Hammers.[/quote]Been at Watford for a couple of years now Blah, but his contract is up.I realise time moves on, he''s older, returning players have rarely ever been seen in as good a light by the end of their second spell, we''ve moved upwards whilst he''s moved downwards... etc.. So is he still worth a punt?He might be. Scarce few defenders in the Championship have bettered him over 46 games for one, if the actm index is anything to go by.