Sign in to follow this  
CanaryJames

Paul Lambert - Manager of the Year

defo the best manager in that league and a well deserved win ! Now just onto next season and see what sucsess it brings :)

Deserved recognition of what has been an oustanding achievement

Im waiting for Dave Jones to say why he should have won the award and how it isn''t fair that Lambert won it. Then we''ll get Warnock saying that Lambert or Delia must have friends at the LMA.

[quote user="M.A.T.T"]....Then we''ll get Warnock saying that Lambert or Delia must have friends at the LMA.[/quote]I like to think that the LMA have put Colin''s and Lambert''s achievements into perspective. QPR have (supposed) unlimited resources yet get involved in (non-proven[;)]) dodgy tactics just to be able to scrape the league by the finish (I know, I know.... let it go [:P]). We have a team on a budget, with no superstars yet through first-class management there is a team-spirit and a will to win that was unsurpassed in the Championship.Well done and congratulations Mr Lambert[Y]. 

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

Is this the ''good news'' Michael Foulger was flagging up?

[/quote]That''s what I thought earlier, and I bet it is.  Foulger must have his head in his hands now, waiting for Lambert to bang on the door and point out that, ''You know you caused all this contract talk''. [;)]

[quote user="The Pink Un Main Site"]

Norwich City deputy chairman Michael Foulger is confident the Canaries will hang on to their highly-rated manager Paul Lambert. The long-time City director

revealed yesterday the club is poised to announce some ‘great news’ this

week regarding the Scot’s future at Carrow Road.[/quote]

I''d like to think it was something more than the MOTY award- there seems to be an emphasis on Lambert''s ''future'' at the club in the reported quotes. I sincerely hope I''m right and we hear more news soon.   

[quote user="The Å¿hroud of Turin"][quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

[/quote]That''s what I thought earlier, and I bet it is.  Foulger must have his head in his hands now, waiting for Lambert to bang on the door and point out that, ''You know you caused all this contract talk''. [;)][/quote]

It goes without saying that I''m delighted for our boss, but I think you both maybe right in your assumption. Still, it''s a cracking goldfish bowl though, Paul must be well chuffed...

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~2365440,00.html

[quote user="a man called horse"]I posted this three days ago.He deserve it for what he has done at city.Lets hope we can keep hold of him after next season[/quote]

And Lambert will be the first to say half of it belongs to Ian Culverhouse, well done to both of them they both deserve every award that they get, I see the new Clough and Taylor partnership here,

A very much deserved award. A far bigger achievement than any other team in the Championship managed last year Well done to everyone connected with NCFC everyone pulled in the same direction

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="a man called horse"]I posted this three days ago.He deserve it for what he has done at city.Lets hope we can keep hold of him after next season[/quote]

And Lambert will be the first to say half of it belongs to Ian Culverhouse, well done to both of them they both deserve every award that they get, I see the new Clough and Taylor partnership here,

[/quote]

I couldn''t agree more

thoroughly deserved :D :D :D ....2 awards in 2 successive promotion campaigns....do we dare dream of him making it a hattrick as we qualify for champions league???

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="The Å¿hroud of Turin"][quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

[/quote]That''s what I thought earlier, and I bet it is.  Foulger must have his head in his hands now, waiting for Lambert to bang on the door and point out that, ''You know you caused all this contract talk''. [;)][/quote]

It goes without saying that I''m delighted for our boss, but I think you both maybe right in your assumption. Still, it''s a cracking goldfish bowl though, Paul must be well chuffed...

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~2365440,00.html[/quote]
In my mind he was the only contender after successive promotions, it''s a pity they didn''t include the goldfish.

I am fairly sure (without researching) that he didn''t win one Manager of the Month award either last season? Which makes his achievement fantastic (or rather shows up the numpties who vote for the MoM)

You are right Crabby, he didn''t win any of the Manager of the Month Awards.