Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

Bentley out for 2 months, send him back ?

Just wondering what everyone thinks on this one.

In the story about Bentley being caught speeding he says he could be out for 2 months, thats almost half of the remaining season.

Presume we could get another 2 players on loan if he went back ?

Don''t mean to be mean, I would love him to be fit and play. If he is not available surely we have to consider it.

i dont think we have a get out clause and although he could go back to arsenal for treatment we would still have to pay his wages. maybe we could get jason euell from charlton as a replacement

If he is out for two months it will be three before he is fully fit. I think it would be best ot send him back and get a replacement so long as a good one is available. Its harsh but Norwich are in dire need.

If he''s out for that period then it''s worth thinking about with the squad already stretched enough. It all depends on Arsenal though, Everton wanted to send back Jeffers last season and they wouldn''t have it. The difference would be that Jeffers was out of favour at the time and probably on a lot more money.

If it is as bad as that then Worthy should get on to Wenger and see if some deal can be agreed that allows us to send him back early, even if it means taking a hit on paying his wages until the end of the season.

A knee injury is bad news, 2 can easily become 3 months and its the end of the season before he is fully fit - hopefully the extent of the injury will become clearer over the next couple of days.

At this stage city need players much more than worrying about the wages too much.

OTBC

[quote]Just wondering what everyone thinks on this one. In the story about Bentley being caught speeding he says he could be out for 2 months, thats almost half of the remaining season. Presume we could g...[/quote]

I''m truely sorry to say this KG, but I''ve been thinking on those lines myself. So yes, I agree with you.

Nigel has just intimated that he will be asking to send him back (after more results over the next couple of days) if he is out for 2 months or more.   Therefore we could be in line to get 2 loan signings, come on Wenger be nice.

[quote]Perhaps Arsenal would agree to this if we took another of their players on loan,any suggestions ?[/quote]

Dennis Bergkamp doesn''t seem to be getting many games these days! And he wouldn''t have to fly to Norfolk.

[quote]Perhaps Arsenal would agree to this if we took another of their players on loan,any suggestions ?[/quote]

Jermaine Pennant, for example? Out of contract in the summer and and eager to please.

Put him in midfield next to Francis?

Breaking News on Sky Sports just announced Bentley out for up to three months and Worthy may approach Arsenal to revoke loan agreement, with Ashton and Possibly McKenzie in the squad for Saturday (having recovered from injury)

Its what we''ve been specualting, but clearly the club are begining to adopt a position on this if Sky are circulating it..

I agree but....  Surely the only reason to send him back would be to have the oppertunity of getting two loan signings in.  Could we get two?  I''m not sure if we could get one!  It would save wages though

Dunno about sending him back, sending him on an advanced driving course might be a better idea.

Hes certainly living up to the (untrue in most cases) stereotype of a brainless chav of a footballer by laughing it off outside court.

I''m sorry the lad is injured and hope that he recovers soon but I really agree that he should be returned to Arsenal if the loan conditions cover it. I do not think he has lived up to his potential here and IMO is no better than players we already have. Yes it was worth a try but apart from the odd moment in the odd game he has done nothing more that say Paul McVeigh did when he was playing as regularly. No, I say we say thanks to him and wish him well back at Arsenal.OTBC

I can''t see Arsenal giving us any more loan signings, as we break the ones they send us! Hopefully, Bents will go back (with us paying some of his wages for the remainder of the loan period), so that we can replace him with another loan signing. But who - any suggestions? 

I am upset that he is injured as he was starting to play very well and show his potential. However, if he is going to be out for three months that means that we will be paying his wages without getting a return. If it is possible to get two quality loan signings in, send him back, but if not, there is the possibility that he will come in at the end of the season and do a job again.

I am afraid if he is out for 3 months we have no point to keep him at Carrow Road - If Arsenal refuse to accept his return then I think the club should go to the FA to demand that we are allowed to take in 2 new loan signings until the end of the season anyway - January is running out and the window will be shut soon - so Worthy and Doncaster need to get moving on this issue....

Very bad news about Charlton as well - that came as a total surprise

If Green goes then get Lehmann soz had to be said ... erm id say pennant, Bergkamp is way off limit i think