Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

AMAZING SCENES!!

So my other team, Fenerbahce, produced a stunning second half of the season, claiming 49 out of the last 51 points to claim the 18th (and record) Superlig title.

The players secured this feat away from home on Sunday night, and on Monday evening celebrated with a 5 and a half hour open top bus parade!! (Istanbul streets are not easy to get around!!) followed by 55,000 fans in the Sukru Sarioglu stadium for their version of a civic reception.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YBIpnKGueI - Players introduced one by one on a pretty spectacular floor!!

Fireworks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmvBYe9D9SY

The whole thing just looks spectacular, would love us to be able to put on an event of this kind of magnitude one day!

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Might be your other team but it''s not ours. There is an "other football" forum you know?[/quote]

well said, very well said [y]

Yeah and no one reads it.

They are also known as the Canaries, and we have both held similar events in the past few weeks, obviously with theirs being flashier and bigger scale.

Thanks for your input PC Grey, but I will continue to celebrate the achievements of both my Canaries, and just thought I would put this up to show how the other Canaries are celebrating.

[quote user="kick it off"]Yeah and no one reads it.

They are also known as the Canaries, and we have both held similar events in the past few weeks, obviously with theirs being flashier and bigger scale.

Thanks for your input PC Grey, but I will continue to celebrate the achievements of both my Canaries, and just thought I would put this up to show how the other Canaries are celebrating.[/quote]Well said,very well said  [Y]

Gutted. I thought this was going to be a post live from outside Carrow Rd where MWJ has got Smudger in a headlock, and a furious Delia Smith is repeatedly raining in with flying headbutts.... Large crowd gathering now...

Not sure about 2nd teams myself, I only have the one apart from Arsenal Chelsea and Man U. Couldn''t imagine following another side, though I can understand perhaps ''liking'' another team from abroad, but supporting, no way. Can only be NCFC for me, but each to their own I suppose :).

[quote user="Alex"]Gutted. I thought this was going to be a post live from outside Carrow Rd where MWJ has got Smudger in a headlock, and a furious Delia Smith is repeatedly raining in with flying headbutts.... Large crowd gathering now...

Not sure about 2nd teams myself, I only have the one apart from Arsenal Chelsea and Man U. Couldn''t imagine following another side, though I can understand perhaps ''liking'' another team from abroad, but supporting, no way. Can only be NCFC for me, but each to their own I suppose :).[/quote]Thank you for creating possibly one of the funniest imagies in my mind ever! [:D]

Thanks for sharing that on here. Know a resident of Brussels who sent a photo of the Fenerbace flag hanging between buildings there on Sunday, it must have been at least 4 storeys tall!!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Isn''t that what a second team is Alex?

Supporting and Following aren''t set in stone terms...[/quote]

Fair enough GP, I suppose it didn''t make too much sense the way I worded it, and it did sound contradictory. I''ll put it like this. I personally couldn''t have a second team in any way, shape or form - but each to their own, free country afterall!.

[quote user="birchfest"][quote user="Alex"]Gutted. I thought this was going to be a post live from outside Carrow Rd where MWJ has got Smudger in a headlock, and a furious Delia Smith is repeatedly raining in with flying headbutts.... Large crowd gathering now...

Not sure about 2nd teams myself, I only have the one apart from Arsenal Chelsea and Man U. Couldn''t imagine following another side, though I can understand perhaps ''liking'' another team from abroad, but supporting, no way. Can only be NCFC for me, but each to their own I suppose :).[/quote]Thank you for creating possibly one of the funniest imagies in my mind ever! [:D][/quote]

No worries, and you never know, it could happen mate. Red wine can make people lairy.

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Isn''t that what a second team is Alex?

Supporting and Following aren''t set in stone terms...[/quote]

Fair enough GP, I suppose it didn''t make too much sense the way I worded it, and it did sound contradictory. I''ll put it like this. I personally couldn''t have a second team in any way, shape or form - but each to their own, free country afterall!.[/quote]

ENGLAND are my second team,but then again they should be equal first!

Alex - I get your point re: 2nd teams, however, I lived in Turkey for a while, and you HAVE to choose your allegiance over there!!

I picked Fener due to the Canaries nickname and their tradition of being a community based club, rather than the bourgeouis Galatasaray.

If it came to a Norwich vs Fener match it wouldn''t even be a contest, Norwich will always be my first choice, but I watch every Fener game online and I will be making my way to Kadikoy for a game or two when Im over in Turkey in September.

It is a bit weird having two teams, but most enjoyable, especially in seasons like this when I can celebrate Premier league for our boys, and a title and Champions League for the Turkish lads.

It''ll never be the same - I went far more mental when Simeon nodded in at Portsmouth than I did when Yobo scored our 4th on Sunday but it was great all the same :)

Cheers kio,quality stuff.Sadly i never got to see a game when i was out there!

I am getting highly frustrated by these self-important arrogant pr1cks who think its ok to tell other posters what to post and where.

This is by far and away the most popular board on this forum, and unless you have no life you generally don''t touch the other boards on this forum...so what does that make the people who start creating about it?

What those who feel they need to make comments don''t realise is that by making a post ''well what does that have to do with NCFC'' are in fact not posting about NCFC (if that makes sense) so they are the breakers of their own rules!

As far as I''m aware there is only really one moderator on this board and that is SDP...anyone else who thinks they have the power to tell people what they can or cannot post can go and jump off the nearest cliff as far as I''m concerned.

Cheers to Give peas et al.To the forum police, you can continue the argument with my back-up or "The Muscle" as he is also known...

Fair play KIO. I can see why you''ve got a connection with them. I wonder if any of their fans keep an eye on Carrow Rd?.

At least one of them Alex!!! I got one one of my Turkish mates overly keen on Norwich, he''s really excited about being able to watch every game next season!!

Cheers, KIO, enjoyed that! Especially while we''re still in celebratory mood, and with a team with some connection too.And as for the forum police, I agree with Give Peas a Chance ...