Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

The casual 'Golden Tickets' & season ticket numbers

I feel quite smug about my season ticket having read the latest report, and its great news for the club with revenue from the amount of season tickets sold. But does it say how much a ticket will cost per game on the casual basis?

Amazing figures, during our last premiership season I was not a season ticket holder and I got tickets for a good number of games. But mainly went to away grounds.

I expect it to be the same again this year. I do not have a season ticket, altho any idea how much an away season ticket is?

But I am sure I will get the odd home game, blackburn etc. and then a good number of away games.

Happy with that. With Sky''s coverage I will be able to see every game.

I wouldn''t say "smug" but I think its just reward for continued support in recent years, still renewing the ticket when we were in the 3rd division.

I reckon you''ll pay £35 to £40 for a casual ticket this season.

Milk those glory hunters!!

My ''smug'' remark was not aimed at anyone other than myself Morty, sorry if it came across as condescending. I''ve always renewed at the earliest opportunity and this year done the direct debit thing as a continual roll over. I''m just curious to know the saving on what will undoubtably be raised match day prices.

Lol its cool Utd, I know exactly what you mean and feel the same way. I also renew at the earliest opportunity regardless of what division we might be in the following season!

Next season will be our reward for loyalty, if we stay in the Prem I suspect our season tickets will take a pretty big hike!

Yep feel nice and warm inside, that all those cold wet tuesday night games from over 15 years ago when we had 13-15 thousand, actually meen something again!!

Last time we were in the Prem my mate''s mates went travelling meaning I got to go to about 6 home games in their stead... fingers crossed they do the same again this year, otherwise I very much doubt I''ll manage to get to a game!

[quote user="zemas tendon"]

Yep feel nice and warm inside, that all those cold wet tuesday night games from over 15 years ago when we had 13-15 thousand, actually meen something again!!

[/quote]

I''ll tell toy what, I''m dead pleased I never claimed my rebate when we went down, I can look at that and say, I helped to rebuild the club, and look at us now, Well done to all who kept the faith when we were in the Third division. By the way have I missed movers and shakers  

Well let us hope that this time in the Prem that those who have season tickets for financial reasons (who sell their seat to away fans) get rooted out and their ticket given to a City fan on the waiting list.

Just looking back at the official site, I see that season ticket sales for next season were only frozen in mid-March - I thought it was the end of february, so in fact there was lots of time to buy a new ST if you''d wanted one. Got ours in late January when there were still lots of good seats available to new ST purchasers. Doing the sums now, looks like there will only be about 2,400 tickets available when STs and away allocations are deducted from the 27,000.  There are over 4,600 super members evidently - so match-day casuals looking for tickets on general sale have no chance at all IMO. I know some extra seats are going in, but it won''t be enough even for every super member to buy a ticket.

I would imagine there will be tickets quite easily available next season, especially by Christmas

1. Sky''s penchant for playings games on every other day/time other than saturday at 3pm makes life difficult for away fans, exiles & even say local shift workers to make matches

2. The access to every single Premiership match on line, and if the contested use of overseas satellite broadcasts is upheld in pubs

3. Watching a team likely struggle/be out played when fans have been used to 2 seasons of mainly domination will turn off a % of city fans

I think we do have a great chance of hanging onto premiership status by the skin of our teeth, i don''t think it''ll be pretty though, it will be interestig to see how much demand there will be for the season after to watch Norwich scrapping again in the biggest league. Personally i hope there is no consideration to stadium expansion until that happens, e.g. Stoke, Sunderland, Wigan, Blackburn, Bolton etc are clubs that survive in the premiership only, hopes only of a cup final really, have lead to half empty grounds

I wouldn''t say it''ll be easy, I see where you''re coming from but there will be plenty of people wanting to get to games. I''m a super member and I''ll be putting in for every game I can get to.

I''m also an away ST someone above asked about them, it''s £20 to guarantee a ticket for every away game (inc cups) plus £10 for any additional AST you want, you can send back 5 tickets before your ST becomes void. Applications are only available on request from the club, it''s capped at 700 and last week there were 500 sold.

[quote user="Standard"]I wouldn''t say it''ll be easy, I see where you''re coming from but there will be plenty of people wanting to get to games. I''m a super member and I''ll be putting in for every game I can get to. I''m also an away ST someone above asked about them, it''s £20 to guarantee a ticket for every away game (inc cups) plus £10 for any additional AST you want, you can send back 5 tickets before your ST becomes void. Applications are only available on request from the club, it''s capped at 700 and last week there were 500 sold.[/quote]

I don''t think it will be easy either, but I will be at every home game and do afew away trips too, if we manage to finish anywhere higher than the bottom 3 I think most of us will be happy with that, But in all honesty I don''t see us in the bottom 3, maybe 11-13, ignor all cups just get on with the league. 

"Milk those glory hunters"?

What a tool. Where were these 22,000 season ticket holders when we were in the old Division One? I had a season ticket when we regularly got crowds of 13k-16k but have since given it up due to moving away, work and the cost of it, in that order. Where were all these season-ticket holders when we played Leyton Orient in the cup?

Lots of middle-class, middle-aged people hopped on the NCFC band-wagon when we got into the Prem with a shiny new stand and snapped up 3-year tickets and now go for something to do on a Saturday and don''t know the players, the history or the songs.

Not sure if this comment was made tongue-in-cheek but it really grinds my gears when people say season-ticket holders are better fans and casuals are ''glory-hunters''

I just cannot make it out,surely Cluckbert Bird brain should have been along by now with his references to Delia luvvies and the exploitation of the sheep by the money grabbing football club.What about the casual fan and how they have been disenfranchised etc etc.  Yawn,yawn,yawn.[:''(]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I just cannot make it out,surely Cluckbert Bird brain should have been along by now with his references to Delia luvvies and the exploitation of the sheep by the money grabbing football club.What about the casual fan and how they have been disenfranchised etc etc.  Yawn,yawn,yawn.[:''(][/quote]

I have had a S/T for quite afew years now and refused to give it up, Because I wanted to be here when the good times returned, and would have stuck by the club no matter what league we found ourselfs in. No one has the right to ridicule anyone who is not a regular attender, none of us know thier reasons, I know many fans that can''t get tickets but wear the colours with pride,    

[quote user="Ankles"]I would imagine there will be tickets quite easily available next season, especially by Christmas 1. Sky''s penchant for playings games on every other day/time other than saturday at 3pm makes life difficult for away fans, exiles & even say local shift workers to make matches 2. The access to every single Premiership match on line, and if the contested use of overseas satellite broadcasts is upheld in pubs 3. Watching a team likely struggle/be out played when fans have been used to 2 seasons of mainly domination will turn off a % of city fans I think we do have a great chance of hanging onto premiership status by the skin of our teeth, i don''t think it''ll be pretty though, it will be interestig to see how much demand there will be for the season after to watch Norwich scrapping again in the biggest league. Personally i hope there is no consideration to stadium expansion until that happens, e.g. Stoke, Sunderland, Wigan, Blackburn, Bolton etc are clubs that survive in the premiership only, hopes only of a cup final really, have lead to half empty grounds[/quote]

I hope that point two becomes a reality, i would love to see pubs and domestic households be able to buy foreign packages and turn the screw on Sky.  Appreciate if this was the case there may be less money going to Clubs from Sky, but everyone would be in the same boat and it could only benefit the supporter.

I am a casual fan in regard to turning up at carrow road.

But as mentioned earlier, I get amazed how many stkt holders, leave the game early, don''t go to every night game, whinge about re-scheduled games for TV and don''t know the team we play next.

Causal fan because as when I was a boy I used to go until I got a job, on a saturday, would rush home and listen to the radio from working till 2.30pm. Then I went to University in Leeds and away games were vital to keep in touch and it was combined with us going up in 2003-04. Since then I have been living in America and Singapore watching every possible stream and promoting our team wherever I go. Whenever I returned I would go to a game. I use the internet to be updated everyday and certainly I feel more involved in the club than as mentioned earlier, some stkt holders.

I am proud being a casual fan, you feel the highs and lows as we all do, but when you go to Carrow Road or an away ground the sense of pride is more and the occassion is more.

So I don''t mind paying a little more, cause I won''t go all season as I want it as an occassion. I actually worked at the club and didn''t take the free tickets. Decided that I would go to games that I wanted to, in the end if I went it wasn''t bringing morem oney in to the club.

I did also go to Carrow Road as a casual fan even during the days of attendances of 12,000 and remember many bad days at Carrow Road.

As mentioned there will be tickets available for blackburn, stoke and other less glamorous clubs and they are actually the games I want to see. Real away fans and games we may win. Seen Man U and other big grounds etc. so happy to see the less glamorous fixtures