Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

The difference between PL and most of the rest

Polly Pardew exemplifies what makes Lambert a cut above most managers. Why would you say all that about Fraser and Scottish football just after his loan at Celtic has ended? Lambert would never in a million years say something like that. It reminds me of Roedent. Thinks he''s being all clever and psychological. When the message it actually sends is - "Fraser, you''ve been playing in a sh*t league so don''t expect you''re any great shakes. You''ll get no favours when you come back to Newcastle." Does that have a positive impact on his confidence? Does it make him feel wanted? Does it give him a lift or put him on a downer. You work it out Alan you to**er. I really dislike Pardew ever since he left Reading and went up with Westspam. He did a Phil Brown and reckoned he''d made it. He got lucky with the Newcastle job - he belongs where Brown has ended up. League 1 manager at best.

Fair point i guess, but that''s more indisputable. Clearly league TWO is a pretty low standard and i think Lambert was trying to dampen the enthusiasm of people who reckoned we should call him back, which i agree was bonkers. Even now people think we should keep him for the Prem which is even more bonkers. Also, Cody''s coming back to be quite a long way down the pecking order whereas - until Pardew opened his mouth - you would expect Fraser to be able to realistically come back and fight to be no 1 keeper or at least number 2. Otherwise he won''t want to stay around. Which could work well for us. Ruddy and Forster would be great for each other i reckon.

Well done John in proving A1Canary very wrong in his knee-jerk assumption. I look forward also to Cody proving many dissenting posters wrong next season and simultaneously proving some ''bonkers'' posters correct. [:D]

I agree. Great comparison guys. I don''t see much difference between League Two and the Scottish Prem either.......

[;)]

It is easier to assess goalkeepers. With outfielders you''re always having to take into account the quality of the opposition. Would that winger be so successful against a better fullback, and vice versa etc etc.

With goalkeepers a shot into the top corner is a shot into the top corner, whether it''s at Eaton Park or the Emirates. Secondly the key goalkeeping attributes are mental - strength of character and judgment/decision-making (particularly positional play). And those should become apparent (or not as the case may be!) no matter what the standard.

All goalkeepers make saves Purple. But good saves don''t make good goalkeepers. I think the standard of opposition does make a big difference to the art of goalkeeping. But as you say, tipping a 25 yarder over the bar is the same at Eaton Park or The Emirates.

Oh and....

Why is your purple text now blue[:^)] It reminds me of that lot down the road.

And Maggie Thatcher.

Is your colour ink cartridge on the way out[:^)]