Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Temporary Stand....

[quote user="can u sit down please"]in front of the hotel. Now hearing a few whispers.

Will apparently seat around 800.....[/quote]they should have never built the sodding thing in the first place!good to see some potential seating coming in... I can see hotel customers whingeing they cant see the game... Tough!

I think we might also see a new row of seats at the front of the Barclay, like they did at the River End last year.I also wonder if they''ll put another new row in the front of the City Stand. When I first had a close look at the new ones from last year I thought that it looked like there was still space for another row.

[quote user="barclaystand"]I think we might also see a new row of seats at the front of the Barclay, like they did at the River End last year.

I also wonder if they''ll put another new row in the front of the City Stand. When I first had a close look at the new ones from last year I thought that it looked like there was still space for another row.
[/quote]

I have also heared that these seats will be earmarked for new season ticket holders,with the idea of the Hotel seating and in front of the Barclay, But I have the feeling that the summer concerts could go out the window due to expansion, unless they put the stage infront of the city stand, and Audiance enter from the river end, but with a 1000+ on the waiting list what else can they do.

They should make ALL seats two inches smaller, get loads more in then. Charge lardarses for two seats, more money for players.

Oh, and lower the seats of tall people, so we can all see........

[:D]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="can u sit down please"]in front of the hotel. Now hearing a few whispers. Will apparently seat around 800.....[/quote]

they should have never built the sodding thing in the first place!

good to see some potential seating coming in... I can see hotel customers whingeing they cant see the game... Tough!
[/quote]

I find the "sodding thing" very useful whenever I''m up in Norwich!

Mind you, its not there for people to watch a game from the windows (though they charge more just for the pitchside view!) and thats an awful lot of space that could be utilised for seating, especially if they hooked up the Barclay to the South Stand with a complete infill. Expensive though. Seems a very obvious route to go down.

I don''t think, for what its worth, the hotel will be there for very much longer anyway.

The best scanario for that corner of the ground would of been for the Jarold stand to continue round until it met the Barclay with a hotel built onto the back of it. I believe this was in mind but relegation in 2005 scuppered this so the club went for the cheaper option with the guarantee of revenue from the Hotel instead of gambling on the seats being filled regularly which in the last couple of season they would have been!

That said I still believe its possible to install seating in this area with the hotel remaining behind it, temporary or permanant!

Mcna(st)lly said in an interview for some programme on BBC1 that the club were seriously considering installing 1000 extra seats in the ground without any new stands or upper tiers! ( even if tempoary seats without cover are installed in front of the Hotel I expect they''ll be expensive!)

This would suggest that extra permanant seats are being installed at the front of the Barclay and possibly a temporary stand in front of the Hotel like Wolves have in a corner at Molineux?

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="can u sit down please"]in front of the hotel. Now hearing a few whispers. Will apparently seat around 800.....[/quote]they should have never built the sodding thing in the first place!good to see some potential seating coming in... I can see hotel customers whingeing they cant see the game... Tough![/quote]

Mind you, its not there for people to watch a game from the windows (though they charge more just for the pitchside view!) and thats an awful lot of space that could be utilised for seating, especially if they hooked up the Barclay to the South Stand with a complete infill. Expensive though. Seems a very obvious route to go down.

I don''t think, for what its worth, the hotel will be there for very much longer anyway.

[/quote]I do wish that would be the case but I doubt it, they would waste too much money in building the hotel then taking it down and then finally building a corner stand (which isn''t as cheap as some people may think) just to get an extra 1,500 odd seats in. That bloody hotel is here for keeps I''m afraid to say.

I presume the temporary stand would be part of the away fans allocation? Break them into two groups and hopefully dampen their noice a bit. Also gives home fans more seats in the Jarrold.

The seats would need some form of controlled access so it pretty much precludes them sticking the away fans there, as they would have to enter via the Barclay or the South Stand.

They would also need acces to toilets if not food/drink which suggests ''attaching it to the Barclay.

Still too many seats lost through segregation. How come thisw wasn''t thought out when the new South Stand was built ?

The club could squeeze more in if they made a small temporary terrace. Safety could be achieved by (for example) no under 12s admitted, in case people are worried about their little darlings getting squashed. 

[quote user="lappinitup"]

They should make ALL seats two inches smaller, get loads more in then. Charge lardarses for two seats, more money for players.

[:D]

[/quote]

And holes to stand in for people who won''t sit down!!

[quote user="Yellaforever"][quote user="lappinitup"]They should make ALL seats two inches smaller, get loads more in then. Charge lardarses for two seats, more money for players.

[/quote] And holes to stand in for people who won''t sit down!!

[/quote]And an ejection seat for those wanting to leave early!

Any home fan leaving early should be shot (if possible). I''m fed up of seeing it when we are behind/losing a game.

......would also free up a number of season tickets if they have them!

I still think the club''s plans a few years back to fit commodes in some of the River End seats would have been a blessing,

Flask holder in the back of the seat in front with a tartan blanket stowed under their seat as with a life jacket in a plane.

[quote user="barclaystand"]I think we might also see a new row of seats at the front of the Barclay, like they did at the River End last year.

I also wonder if they''ll put another new row in the front of the City Stand. When I first had a close look at the new ones from last year I thought that it looked like there was still space for another row.
[/quote]

I hope not1 I sit in the front row of the barclay, I dont want to move a row closer as it would be to low to the pitch

The biggest waste is the gap between the home and away fans,yes there needs to be one but why not relocate the away fans into the main stand / river end corner,that way the gap between home and away fans would be the same in width but much less in depth ?

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="can u sit down please"]in front of the hotel. Now hearing a few whispers. Will apparently seat around 800.....[/quote]

they should have never built the sodding thing in the first place!

good to see some potential seating coming in... I can see hotel customers whingeing they cant see the game... Tough!
[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t see them pulling down the hotel..that would be a waste of money after five years?

I would prefer it if not there - or it was integrated into south stand.

Would be interested in know how much income NCFC get from the hotel though - as season tickets/tickets would surely be better

I heard they were building part of the corner infill specifically for the Purists.  Six of the seats will face the Holiday Inn wall with complementary headphones which play very loud ambient techno.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I heard they were building part of the corner infill specifically for the Purists.  Six of the seats will face the Holiday Inn wall with complementary headphones which play very loud ambient techno.

[/quote]

In the current climate may i suggest it is not a wise move to mention the Purists Mister C.For some reason this messageboard is becoming a Purist post free zone.

Why not just stick everyone who wants to jump about like a monkey in the zoo.  Much cheaper.[quote user="The Å¿hroud of Turin"]The club could squeeze more in if they made a small temporary terrace. Safety could be achieved by (for example) no under 12s admitted, in case people are worried about their little darlings getting squashed.  [/quote]

Why not just stick everyone who wants to jump about like a monkey in the zoo.  Much cheaper.[quote user="The Å¿hroud of Turin"]The club could squeeze more in if they made a small temporary terrace. Safety could be achieved by (for example) no under 12s admitted, in case people are worried about their little darlings getting squashed.  [/quote]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Yellaforever"][quote user="lappinitup"]They should make ALL seats two inches smaller, get loads more in then. Charge lardarses for two seats, more money for players.

[/quote] And holes to stand in for people who won''t sit down!!

[/quote]And an ejection seat for those wanting to leave early!

[/quote]

Automatically activating after 85 minutes?