Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Riddle me this, riddle me that.

Paul Lambert would love to get in Klose for his goals, experience and knowledge of ''the German way''.

Peter Cullum is convinced that this could be the key initiative in strategizing for Premiership success rather than struggle.

City cannot fund this Klose project.

Cullum agrees to fund a 2-year contract for Klose. He is to be refunded by City if we are still in the Premiership after 2 years.

Question: would our Board agree to fund Lambert''s Klose project or turn it down?

Riddle me this, riddle me that.

OTBC

Whilst this goes against all my normal instincts if Klose is, as is reputed, on £120,000 a week and we would have to pay anything approaching this then I would not be overly keen on bringing him in due to the complete disparity between his wages and those of the other players. I guess maybe we could pay him a big signing on fee and a lesser wage but I am just not sure he''s worth it when we can pick up decent younger strikers for a fraction of the overall cost.

In answer to your question gues it depends on whether relations between Cullum and the board have thawed somewhat since previous events.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Whilst this goes against all my normal instincts if Klose is, as is reputed, on £120,000 a week and we would have to pay anything approaching this then I would not be overly keen on bringing him in due to the complete disparity between his wages and those of the other players. I guess maybe we could pay him a big signing on fee and a lesser wage but I am just not sure he''s worth it when we can pick up decent younger strikers for a fraction of the overall cost. In answer to your question gues it depends on whether relations between Cullum and the board have thawed somewhat since previous events.[/quote]

Well, for one thing the composition of the NCFC borad has changed somewhat since ''previous events''.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Paul Lambert would love to get in Klose for his goals, experience and knowledge of ''the German way''. Peter Cullum is convinced that this could be the key initiative in strategizing for Premiership success rather than struggle. City cannot fund this Klose project. Cullum agrees to fund a 2-year contract for Klose. He is to be refunded by City if we are still in the Premiership after 2 years. Question: would our Board agree to fund Lambert''s Klose project or turn it down? Riddle me this, riddle me that. OTBC[/quote]

Bly is flying in the happy skies again today.I must hand it to him managing to start a thread with both Cullum and Klose in the same sentence.Who would have thought that possible?[:|]

[quote user="First Wazzock"][IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/1zbginr.jpg[/IMG]

[/quote]Excellent stuff Wazzy BUT.......

Shouldn''t there only be ONE person in the picture? [;)]

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]Do we really want Klose? He is 33 in a fortnight, on stupid wages, past his prime, and he has never been prolific at club level anyway. Does he even speak English?
[/quote]

Well, if Lambert really wants him.........................

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]Do we really want Klose? He is 33 in a fortnight, on stupid wages, past his prime, and he has never been prolific at club level anyway. Does he even speak English?[/quote]

Well, if Lambert really wants him.........................

OTBC

[/quote]OK then, let me replace the words ''Do we'' with ''Would Lambert''...

In the award for Starting A Hypothetical Nonsense With No Substance Thread at the Pinkun Messageboard Awards Night Bly wins hands down with this one.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="First Wazzock"][IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/1zbginr.jpg[/IMG]

[/quote]Excellent stuff Wazzy BUT.......

Shouldn''t there only be ONE person in the picture? [;)]

[/quote]

[IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/9ubymd.jpg[/IMG]