Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Lambert's magic words....

After the 20 year contract statement at the Civic reception, everyone was elated.

I just watched the CW exclusive interview with Lambo on signing his new deal and here pulled more magic words out....

"At this moment in time, I NEVER WANT TO LEAVE"

Music to my ears.

He''s not the messiah, Wiz, he''s a very naughty boy...

Great news for every City fan.Never is a long time in football... but the sentiment is there anyway.

Those were carefully chosen words.  He said "At this moment in time I never want to leave".Which leaves the door not merely ajar but wide open to the possibility that at some future moment he will want to leave.   We''re his fourth club in six years.    By August, he''ll have been with us longer than he''s been anywhere else.   I''d love him to stay but the reality is that he''ll go, and probably soon (especially if we do well).    And when it happens no point wailing or trying to find scapegoats; McNally got Lambert in, and we''ll have to trust McNally to get it right next time too.In the mean time, enjoy Lambert whilst we have him.

[quote user="Empty Mirror"]Those were carefully chosen words.  He said "At this moment in time I never want to leave".Which leaves the door not merely ajar but wide open to the possibility that at some future moment he will want to leave.   We''re his fourth club in six years.    By August, he''ll have been with us longer than he''s been anywhere else.   I''d love him to stay but the reality is that he''ll go, and probably soon (especially if we do well).    And when it happens no point wailing or trying to find scapegoats; McNally got Lambert in, and we''ll have to trust McNally to get it right next time too.In the mean time, enjoy Lambert whilst we have him. [/quote]I remember when Burnley fans all went into self destruct when their messiah Coyle left them halfway through the premiershipHopefully Norwich fans won''t be the same, but you can never tell

Only mention it, as the worshipping of Lambert is similar to how Burnley fans were with Coyle before he leftBut I think he''ll see out another full season with Norwich

Heard a whisper of a £5m compensation clause a few days ago......Has there been any mention of this? Great news, but i think the grapevine was doing it`s job so not a surprise.

"Therefore after protracted and professional negotiations, we are

thrilled to report we have a new deal. Paul has stressed to me he has

never wished to leave as he and the fans have unfinished business in the

Premier League.
Funny how that last bit has been left out of peoples quotes.

[quote user="Alejandra"]Only mention it, as the worshipping of Lambert is similar to how Burnley fans were with Coyle before he leftBut I think he''ll see out another full season with Norwich[/quote]Valid comment... but if we bomb, will he want to ensure his CV is protected and so leave part of the way through?

[quote user="First Wizard"]Jesus wept mate, thats hair splitting, give him a break eh?[/quote]No it isn''t, one is simple-past, the other is present-continuous.;-)

[quote user="K Lo"][quote user="First Wizard"]Jesus wept mate, thats hair splitting, give him a break eh?[/quote]No it isn''t, one is simple-past, the other is present-continuous.;-)[/quote]

Yeh, my point was that never want to leave and never wanted to leave are two very different statements - the former commits to the future, the latter is only a statement about the past. Anyway. Whatever. A great day for NCFC