Sign in to follow this  
CRAZY LEGS

when some people post a message

[quote user="jed exodous"]Its a sig, please dont get one, they can slow the servers down and sometimes take forever to load...[/quote]

I''ve never had that happen... You should get your connection checked out :P

It''s just pure magic.Pray every night for one before you get in bed, and if you''re good enough, one will eventually appear ;)

[quote user=""]they have pictures underneath like a ncfc badge or a picture of holahan how do you get them on, any ideas[/quote]

I just copied the picture to photobucket and then opened another window, went to the edit section on my Pink''un profile (edit signature) and copied it on to that. Sorry for the very technical breakdown, but computing is not a strong point of mine.

What I can''t figure out is this ''non-matching block quotes'' business - Drives myself (and I''m sure other posters) mad!. Never had this problem on any other messageboard, why have we got it on here? Can''t Archant abolish it?

[quote user="Alex"][quote user=""]they have pictures underneath like a ncfc badge or a picture of holahan how do you get them on, any ideas[/quote] I just copied the picture to photobucket and then opened another window, went to the edit section on my Pink''un profile (edit signature) and copied it on to that. Sorry for the very technical breakdown, but computing is not a strong point of mine. What I can''t figure out is this ''non-matching block quotes'' business - Drives myself (and I''m sure other posters) mad!. Never had this problem on any other messageboard, why have we got it on here? Can''t Archant abolish it?[/quote]

And apart from everything else, it shows who the clever dicks are

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Alex"][quote user=""]they have pictures underneath like a ncfc badge or a picture of holahan how do you get them on, any ideas[/quote] I just copied the picture to photobucket and then opened another window, went to the edit section on my Pink''un profile (edit signature) and copied it on to that. Sorry for the very technical breakdown, but computing is not a strong point of mine. What I can''t figure out is this ''non-matching block quotes'' business - Drives myself (and I''m sure other posters) mad!. Never had this problem on any other messageboard, why have we got it on here? Can''t Archant abolish it?[/quote]

[/quote]

Haha! I''ve tried removing spaces/numbers... everything,was just not happening so gave up a while ago!

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

Haha! I''ve tried removing spaces/numbers... everything,was just not happening so gave up a while ago![/quote]Download Firefox for free and it works a treat. Doesn''t work on Safari though, and if on I.E you have to click some drop down compatibility mode thing.

Because this forums software is so old, it doesn''t bode well with many new browsers.It works fine on Firefox, and as EC said, you can get it to work on compatibility mode on IEHowever, it dislikes Chrome and Safari badly. Firefox isn''t bad though, give it a whirl!

[quote user="Alex"]Cheers Alec and AJ - I will look into this Firefox business![/quote]download cooliris, Firefox Personas and the youtube Video downloader all off the firefox site too...you will never use IE again.

If you want to put a picture in an individual post you use this code:[IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/BBCode.gif[/IMG]If you want to put a signature at the bottom of every post you use this code in the signature area after you click your name next to where it say''s "edit your details"[IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/HTMLCode.gif[/IMG]

"What I can''t figure out is this ''non-matching block quotes'' business"

Simply cut and paste

Allows you only quote the relevant bit and is pretty much used everywhere else

[quote user="City1st"]"What I can''t figure out is this ''non-matching block quotes'' business"

Simply cut and paste

Allows you only quote the relevant bit and is pretty much used everywhere else[/quote]The reason for the ''non-matching quote blocks'' is because of the punctuation in the username of the person you are quoting. So if that person has an apostrophe, comma, bracket or whatever, just delete it.On the subject of Firefox, yeah, it is awesome. A lot of pretty cool add-ons too.