Sign in to follow this  
Stella Canary

Seating, tickets & ground

Reading about the great season ticket sales and super membership - great for the club.

But only 1500 tickets for casuals - obviously too late now, but, would it be sensible to now add the 2nd tier on to either the main or south stands or both?

Has anything been said about this? Perhaps if we stay up it''s in the plans for next summer.

I really believe we could fill at least 1 more tier even in the Championship - which we''re not of course!!

McNally said that we will extend the seating if we stay up, that will probably be the north stand and snakepit. Will be interesting to see where put the season ticket holders while the work is being carried out

[quote user="Depraved"]McNally said that we will extend the seating if we stay up, that will probably be the north stand and snakepit. Will be interesting to see where put the season ticket holders while the work is being carried out
[/quote]

The North Stand???????? I know it faces north but that is the first time i have ever heard it called that.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Depraved"]McNally said that we will extend the seating if we stay up, that will probably be the north stand and snakepit. Will be interesting to see where put the season ticket holders while the work is being carried out
[/quote]

The North Stand???????? I know it faces north but that is the first time i have ever heard it called that.

[/quote]

Does that make me a West ender...? Glad I dont sit in the barclay now....

Stick the price up and choke off the demand

that way you get the exra income without the cost of a new stand

plenty of people squeaked about the extra cost of food/drink etc at the beginning of last season, they soon got used to it

ps it will also give Citizen Cluckwit another cause as he seems to be running out of steam at the moment

Tilly

The City stand faces SOUTH - not North.  The Jarrold used to be the South Stand!!

At the end of the day the club are going to maximise revenue in every possible way.  If that means increasing casual prices then I guess thats the price for success but it will be interesting as mentioned elsewhere as to whether demand for Season Tickets remains the same once the ST prices hike up - and we''re forever in mid-lower table aka Bolton - never in danger of relegation but never in with a chance of Europe.  If demand remains then expect to see a new tier on either the City or Jarrold stand - possibly both one day.  Upper Snakepit anybody?

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

Tilly

The City stand faces SOUTH - not North.  The Jarrold used to be the South Stand!!

At the end of the day the club are going to maximise revenue in every possible way.  If that means increasing casual prices then I guess thats the price for success but it will be interesting as mentioned elsewhere as to whether demand for Season Tickets remains the same once the ST prices hike up - and we''re forever in mid-lower table aka Bolton - never in danger of relegation but never in with a chance of Europe.  If demand remains then expect to see a new tier on either the City or Jarrold stand - possibly both one day.  Upper Snakepit anybody?

[/quote]

Yeah because it was named after Arthur South!!!

[quote user="Who Let The Fox Out"][quote user="Barclay hero"]

Tilly

[/quote]

Yeah because it was named after Arthur South!!![/quote]no it wasnt.... it was called the south stand when the club first moved to Carrow road, before Arthur South was involved... it was called the "south" stand for no other reason than that was the way the back of it (turnstyles, ugly arse brown wall) faced....

Are you sure about that Fox?

It has been the south stand for as long as I can remember and I go back to the 60s, which was before Arthur South became chair.

Oh right. I always thought it was just named after Arthur South. My Dad always called it the Arthur South stand. It would make sense seeings he called it that in the late 80s early 90s and the stand was indeed there before him.

He had a convenient name then ;)

[quote user="City1st"]Stick the price up and choke off the demand that way you get the exra income without the cost of a new stand plenty of people squeaked about the extra cost of food/drink etc at the beginning of last season, they soon got used to it ps it will also give Citizen Cluckwit another cause as he seems to be running out of steam at the moment[/quote]

What double the price of a Barclay seat?

[quote user="Stella Canary"]Reading about the great season ticket sales and super membership - great for the club. But only 1500 tickets for casuals - obviously too late now, but, would it be sensible to now add the 2nd tier on to either the main or south stands or both? Has anything been said about this? Perhaps if we stay up it''s in the plans for next summer. I really believe we could fill at least 1 more tier even in the Championship - which we''re not of course!![/quote]

No if we were to get relegated we would have that burden back over our heads and back in debt. If we would fill it every game even in the championship I dont quite get why the home areas only sold out 5 times last year. The club has possibly this 1 chance to stabilise the finances. Should we mess up the consequences would be dire.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

[quote user="Stella Canary"]Reading about the great season ticket sales and super membership - great for the club. But only 1500 tickets for casuals - obviously too late now, but, would it be sensible to now add the 2nd tier on to either the main or south stands or both? Has anything been said about this? Perhaps if we stay up it''s in the plans for next summer. I really believe we could fill at least 1 more tier even in the Championship - which we''re not of course!![/quote]

No if we were to get relegated we would have that burden back over our heads and back in debt. If we would fill it every game even in the championship I dont quite get why the home areas only sold out 5 times last year. The club has possibly this 1 chance to stabilise the finances. Should we mess up the consequences would be dire.

[/quote]

exactly what happened down at Binnersville, they went up, built a bigger stand, (And I was first to sit in it,) I delivered some of the steel and seats, couldn''t resist the moment of having photo taken and wearing city shirt, But what happened after that, They went down and the rest is history, We don''t want to go down that road, Yes we would like a bigger stadium, But lets not run before we can walk.   

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Yeah because it was named after Arthur South!!!

No it wasn''t

[/quote]

We established that earlier in the thread Tangie. Thanks for your input.

The Barclay stand is the North part of the ground!

The Jarold stand is east!

The River end stand is South

The City stand is west!

Look on a map and consider where Norwich is in terms to the coast, it is to the west of the coast so it should be easy to work out!

As for stadium capacity increasing - We''ll see the useable cap go up to over 27,000 next season then if we stay up we''ll see a big development to take cap up to 31/32,000.

If we want the club to grow and maximise potential, we have to go down this route. If then after a few years we are filling a 30,000+ stadium regularly then there is further scope to increase capacity at Carrow Road!