Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Grant Holt : Captain.

Im not going to moan about him being captain or anything like that, I can''t as he has lead us to back to back promostions, but one question has been bugging me all day.

Would Grant Holt be fans favourite, as influential on and off the pitch, put the same effort in etc if he WASN''T captain?

I know we are not allowed to be insulting to each other on these boards but you really do bring it on your self Banana with your really crap posts! What is it with you? A competition on how much cras you can post, a competition with yourself on how many threads and posts you can reply to? Seriously dude! Having a high post and thread number doesn''t make you ''cool''Side note: This is neither meant to be insulting, cruel, mean or hurtful. Look at it more of as character building. And yes he would be a fans favorite cause he is an all round awesome footballer and guy. Same as most of the team when they perform. Look at Jackson once he started banging them in. Instead of thinking before you speak, think before you post should be the life lesson you take away from today.

I think it''s in Holt''s nature as a player to play the way he does but the armband must have an effect.  Just by wearing an armband around your arm which says ''captain'' puts a whole lot more responsiblilty on your shoulders and Holt has risen to the challenge.  Holt would still play the same way and give 100% effort and all that but without the armband he may not be looked to as the main figure in our team and as the one who leads from the front.  He would still be a fans favourite because of the goals and effort but he may not be viewed as that one important player by the fans and the rest of the players.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Would Grant Holt be fans favourite, as influential on and off the pitch, put the same effort in etc if he WASN''T captain?

[/quote]

Auntie Kathy will be along shortly young man to smack you soundly across the bottom with Grants flip flop[:D]

[quote user="Hoolahan Youlahan"]Would Norwich be in the Premier League if Paul Lambert wasn''t manager?

Hypotheses are fun

[/quote]

Apart from Mourinho and Sir Alex Ferguson I can''t think of any other manager which would have got that squad promoted.  Thats no disrespect to the squad because they are all good footballers with a great attitude but a lot of them were inexperienced at Championship level and were not exactly big names who have been promoted before.  Lambert done a terrific job getting us promoted this season, it was an absolutely huge achievment.

He is captain for a reason, a big presence on and off the field. I''m happy he''s captain, he deserves it!

FFS , are you for real ! how could any supporter question holty . he is a legend !

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

Auntie Kathy will be along shortly young man to smack you soundly across the bottom with Grants flip flop[:D]

[/quote]

Not looking forward to that [;)] Saw it at the Pups meet [:D]...why am i typing, i need to be running away!!!

[quote user="ziggy"]FFS , are you for real ! how could any supporter question holty . he is a legend ![/quote]

But would you call him a legend if say, Jackson/Martin was the captain? and banging in the goals?

Yes Nana, he would still be a legend if he was captain or notAre you saying he wouldnt perform as well if he didnt wear the arm band?

[quote user="ziggy"]FFS , are you for real ! how could any supporter question holty . he is a legend ![/quote]

But would you call him a legend if say, Jackson/Martin was the captain? and banging in the goals?

[/quote]Does ANYTHING you post ever have any point to it?The point is, they AREN''T, Holty IS! You can hypothesise about anything, it''s like saying, ooh, would we be doing better if we swapped our team for Barcelona''s?

[quote user="DOGGER"]Yes Nana, he would still be a legend if he was captain or not

Are you saying he wouldnt perform as well if he didnt wear the arm band?
[/quote]

Yeah, would it mean as much to him if he wasn''t wearing the armband...?

[/quote]I have read this three times and I still don''t understand the point you are trying to make?...Basically if Grant Holt didn''t act like Grant Holt would he still be a legend? Probably not because he wouldn''t be the Grant Holt we have learned to love.

[quote user="DOGGER"]Yes Nana, he would still be a legend if he was captain or notAre you saying he wouldnt perform as well if he didnt wear the arm band?[/quote]

[/quote]I think your over estimating the importance of captaincy in football, it''s a nice honour for any player to be named caption for their club or country but it''s hardly enough to inspire a player to play better and work harder. Just being part of a good team and the ambition to better his career is the only inspiration he needs to be the player he is, being caption has nothing to do with it.I can understand the importance of a caption in sports like Rugby and Cricket, in football it''s well over hyped IMO.

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="DOGGER"]Yes Nana, he would still be a legend if he was captain or notAre you saying he wouldnt perform as well if he didnt wear the arm band?[/quote]

[/quote]I think your over estimating the importance of captaincy in football, it''s a nice honour for any player to be named caption for their club or country but it''s hardly enough to inspire a player to play better and work harder. Just being part of a good team and the ambition to better his career is the only inspiration he needs to be the player he is, being caption has nothing to do with it.I can understand the importance of a caption in sports like Rugby and Cricket, in football it''s well over hyped IMO.[/quote]I only understand the importance of captions in foreign language broadcasts.

Im not going to moan about him being captain or anything like that, I can''t as he has lead us to back to back promostions, but one question has been bugging me all day.

[/quote]

If a tree falls in a forest and nobody is around, does it make a sound?

He''s been our top scorer two years in a row. The answer to banana''s question is yes, we would till love him. In fact I''d go as far as saying that we''d F***ing love Grant Holt!