Sign in to follow this  
alysha

Lambert ideally wants 7 new players & dismisses Klose link

Very interesting,i didn''t think we would bring in that many new faces but PL knows what he wants and i believe he will get the players in he thinks will keep us up,a few of the players who got us up will be having their noses put out for sure,bring on the new players.

Brilliant news Paul Lambert wants to bring in 7 new faces. Last bloke to do that was Michael Jackson...

Ive only got 4 that I think could be on his list; Snodgrass, CMS, Bennett and Johnson Let the guessing games begin!

Pleased that the Klose link has gone away. Could imagine him being a total dud.

Excited at the thought of who the 7 players might be.

It''s not a lot when you look at what is likely to go. It''s a lot when you consider the outlay it will take in terms of transfer fees and wages.

For me 7 players would be in the following areas:

GK: 1

RB: 1

CB: 1

MF: 2

ST: 1

That adds up to 6 and I think it a 7th will depend on whether MacNamee is going or not and whether he feels we need more in the striking or centreback departments.

Even four centrebacks could be a bit of a risk but I suppose with a back up right back Martin could play in there if needed.

Lamberts words pretty much point toiwards what many have known.

Firstly, ''turnover'' suggests there will that number or about going out. Maybe one or two who were fairly regular lasts eason.

Secondly. ''hungry'' suggests those that Lambert (and them probably) feel they are not achieving their full potential where they are.

Thirdly, ''persuading'' which would imply that coming to us might not be initially seen as a big step up. most lower league players would jump at a chance to step up to the Premier there it may be that it will be the likes of Lansbury and Pacheco that Lambert is looking at. Players who might be prepared to move away from a ''big club'' ijn order to prove themselves.

Whether any of them will be loanees and whether any of them may even be asked to take a lower wage than what a Premier League player might expect is an arguable point.

Over the last couple of seasons it has been this type of player that has got us where we are - the sum being greater than the parts, much as what Clough had at Forest. What we don''t want is the kind of players that Birmingham are now stuck with as are West Ham or those that we were stuck with when we turned out at Fulham on our last game in the Premier.

No, I don''t want Klose, like Lambert said, lets bring in some young, hungry players who will earn their wages!

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]Did people actually think Klose would come to Norwich? More importantly did anyone actually think PL would sign him? It goes against everything he has said!!! FFS[/quote]

Yeah, I actually thought there was a slim possibility. Sorry about that........

[quote user="City1st"]

Firstly, ''turnover'' suggests there will that number or about going out. Maybe one or two who were fairly regular lasts season.[/quote]

If you go through the squad an who has signed extended contracts recently I don''t think there are many players that you would consider fairly regular that will leave.

For example, Lappin signed extended terms did he not?

Players that are obviously on the way out are: Askou, Gill and Smith due to being out of contract or saying they want to leave. On top of that you have Hughes, OTJ and in all likelihood Johnson plus the likes of Cody who may want to leave and MacNamee who may go.

I can''t see there being any other ''shocks'' really. Adeyemi might go but then they have already offered another youngster a contract who plays the same position.

Not that there is anything stating we are going to loose 7.

The squad of 25 applies to all players over the age of 21. So far as I can see that means Smith, Adeyemi and any other of the youngsters don''t count towards the squad limit.

For those that say Chris Martin will go, I would suggest they look at the far more likely strikers to leave before him. If we add two strikers to what we have and have to loose two I somewhat doubt he would be one of them.

Glad to see some real strengthening in Lamberts mind :-) was always going to be the case, can see 2 strikers, a midfielder, 3 defenders and a back up keeper being on the hit list.

Cnat see C Martin going either chicken. We will need striking options and the remaining holt, jackson & Martin with 2 new will give us that.

Cody, Johnson are two to leave before Chris, with Wilbraham possible too.

It''s possibly worth remembering that Lambert could have his loan fingers in quite a few pies...1) The Glaswegion Prem connection. Perhaps some youths from Manu U, Liverpool etc to come on a season''s loan2) The Bundesliga connection. Don''t know about this one but it''d be an interesting avenue if he could pursuade some players from Dortmind to come over for a year''s loan; Stansted''s not far away either !3) Celtic; goes without saying.I don''t even know if we''ll get much in the way of loans but it''s certainly an interesting thought.

I don''t think he will be looking at loans at this point though.

If you read his statement about getting in new players last time, it seems, at least to me, that he is referring to last summer when we signed:

- Crofts, Ward, Ruddy, Fox, Jackson, Surman.

What Lambert appears to do is sign loan players that are in view to a permanent deal or at a point when the team needs a fresh injection of something different to maintain the momentum.

I don''t see him signing many loan players at this point.

I''m not suprised at him wanting 7 new players really.  If you look at our regular side this season and compare it to the League 1 side then it''s only Holt, Hoolahan and R.Martin who have stayed regular starters and I expect the same to happen again.

I think out of those 7, 4 could be Snodgrass, CMS, Bennett and Johnson like someone else has already said.  Its going to be exciting to see who these players are and if you look at past Lambert signings then there will be some who''s names haven''t even been mentioned.

I don''t want to beat a dead horse, but Shay Given asking Celtic to come and get him could only make Forster''s price drop, no? I''d love to have Forster and Ruddy in the squad and may the best man win....

at this stage of the close season I am sure he is only looking at permanent signings - but come late july / august I have no doubt he will also be looking at a season long loanee or two to boost quality if necessary - he has shown he can make them work for us so its not something to be afraid of..

Unlike last season all the loan deals will have to be done by transfer deadline day so the arrival of lansbury just before the ipswich game for example cant be repeated.

My perfect 7 would be:

Fraser Forster

Liam Ridgewell

Lars Jacobson

Elliott Bennett

Liam Trotter

James Vaughan

Dani Pacheco

Out being Gill, OTJ, Hooze, Oli, Wilbraham & Askou.