Sign in to follow this  
rdfc

Please help save Rushden & Diamonds FC

Firstly, thanks to the Norwich fan who has already donated.

To cut a long story short, my club Rushden and Diamonds needs to raise £250,000 in 2 weeks to save the club from going bankrupt.

Please could any Norwich fans help by buying a pixel here: http://www.saverdfc.com/blog/buy-a-pixel/

You don''t need to include a company URL, You can just upload a picture of the Norwich badge.

Here''s a little article about it:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rushden_and_diamonds/9482639.stm

Thanks for any help, and congratulations on getting promotion.

Horrible. Remember them when they got into League 1. Everything gone downhill since then?

I fear that Crawley could be a Rushden repeat.

Good luck mate, why wont your club try to arrange a friendly against a bigger club to raise some funds.

When "big" clubs are able to carry on their business while carrying huge amounts of debt and when the amount of 2 weeks salary of a top Premiership player could save a club from going under then something is seriously wrong with the game.

You would think that some of the millions of income that the FA receive could go into a pot for just this sort of eventuality.

Just a thought but didn''t Simeon play for R&D for a few years - might be worth someone getting a message to him to see if he could help. Obviously I''m not suggesting he could pay the whole amount but he might be willing to help out with a donation out of the reach of most of us on here.

How about trying to get messages to some of these Premiership footballers that use twitter.  Some of them might be willing to buy a bit of good publicity ?

Yes, we''ve been tweeting numerous professional footballers, a couple of £5 donations but not much.

I don''t think Simeon Jackson has twitter or facebook, regarding him though, we are due a payment from Gillingham for him on July the 1st, but they''re not helping us out by giving us the money earlier.

The position we''re in is not a result of overspending, although we''ve had money in the past our current position is because of someone who took us over in January when we were debt free, but now we''re 750k in debt. We''ve been screwed, and it''s so unfair on the fans who might lose their club.

[quote user="rdfc"]Yes, we''ve been tweeting numerous professional footballers, a couple of £5 donations but not much. I don''t think Simeon Jackson has twitter or facebook, regarding him though, we are due a payment from Gillingham for him on July the 1st, but they''re not helping us out by giving us the money earlier. The position we''re in is not a result of overspending, although we''ve had money in the past our current position is because of someone who took us over in January when we were debt free, but now we''re 750k in debt. We''ve been screwed, and it''s so unfair on the fans who might lose their club.[/quote]

From pro footballers thats untrue! They should be giving a much larger amount (£10k depending on the player) if they love the game and don''t want to see any teams go boom!!!

I''m shocked at the £5 donations from professional footballers.Would love to help but currently out-of-work. I think the idea of a pre-season friendly''s good but may not be in time.Good luck with your fundraising.

[quote user="NauruDude"]5 pounds WTF

That might even be less than they earn during the time they spend donating it.

Try contacting the guys who have twitter, Ferdinand etc.[/quote]

None of them even bother to reply. Maybe now that the season is over, they''re all too busy preparing for their multi-million holidays!

[quote user="rdfc"][quote user="NauruDude"]5 pounds WTF That might even be less than they earn during the time they spend donating it. Try contacting the guys who have twitter, Ferdinand etc.[/quote] None of them even bother to reply. Maybe now that the season is over, they''re all too busy preparing for their multi-million holidays![/quote]

Very likely. Have you contacted Sky? They seem able to spend millions to move a game from a Saturday to a Friday night, they must have a few bob?

Not sure what the costs involved would be etc. but have you considered hosting a game for ''Joe Public'' who can pay for their place on the pitch. If I remember rightly Norwich did/do something similar for charity where they get a couple of legends to play for each side.

I for one would put in a cheeky little bid to be able to walk out at a proper football stadium in front of friends & family for a match.

I am stunned that professional footballers have only donated £5, I may make a donation, and send you all the luck I can muster. I would hope if the shoe were on the other foot others would do the same for us.

There are some good ideas on here from my fellow Canaries fans, I hope you take all ideas on board.

Thanks for all the donations, ideas and kind comments.

I especially like the idea regarding getting people to bid on playing at the stadium.

I''m truly sorry to hear the club is in such a state, I will chip in somewhere and wish you luck

I''m truly sorry to hear the club is in such a state, I will chip in somewhere and wish you luck

We''re in so much trouble that we''ve had to release our whole team. Most of them turned up for a game last week to raise funds, and donated items which raised a decent amount, but footballers who have no connection to Rushden seem to have no interest.

I''ve sent a message through to David McNally on Twitter to see if he could get a message through to Simeon - you never know - it might help!!

If you need any photography doing give me a shout - I won''t claim to be the best but I am relativley local (Peterborough). You can have a look at my stuff on http://www.flickr.com/photos/morphew84

[quote user="rdfc"]Yes, we''ve been tweeting numerous professional footballers, a couple of £5 donations but not much. I don''t think Simeon Jackson has twitter or facebook, regarding him though, we are due a payment from Gillingham for him on July the 1st, but they''re not helping us out by giving us the money earlier. The position we''re in is not a result of overspending, although we''ve had money in the past our current position is because of someone who took us over in January when we were debt free, but now we''re 750k in debt. We''ve been screwed, and it''s so unfair on the fans who might lose their club.[/quote]

---

I''m sympathetic because I used to stay with friends in that area in the pre-merger era. They dragged me along to a game at Hayden Road once! Is Hayden Road still even a ground?

Anyway, a suggestion (which you may have already done) is to contact one of the Kent papers (probably the Kent Messenger) and see if they will do a story on Gillingham not being willing to bring forward the Simeon Jackson payment. Might just have an effect in staving off imminent collapse.

Yes, Hayden Road is still a ground.

The Gillingham chairman has came out and said that Gillingham aren''t in a good enough financial position to bring it forward, who knows if that really is the case.