Sign in to follow this  
Cappsy

Owain Tudur-Jones

saw the surprise line up and thought I''d flick it on. vokes and tudur-jones are starting plus Martin is on the bench for Scotland I think. OTJ seems to look comfortable and was wondering would you rather keep him to add to the depth of our squad, which we''ll definitely need plus he''ll be on low wages. lambert rates him I believe as he has surprisingly featured a few times and obviously has the attitude lambert likes. plus would you take vokes on a permanent? I would

Definitely take Vokes back and keep OTJ for backup, but the fact he hardly played this year suggests he won''t get a look in next year.

Also I''d take Earnshaw back in a flash.

Vokes looked awful 95% of the time he was on the pitch for us.

Abit harsh. Vokes looked alright but he is an average Championship player really. We shouldn''t be signing him to strengthen a Premier League squad.

Considering he had only made 7 appearances before he came to us (tore his hamstring 13 minutes into his Bristol City debut then 6 times at Sheffield United) I don''t think he did badly at all. He is young and hungry and good quality.

Regretably Earnie has a problem in his head, when he is motivated I recon he is a prem player but 50% of the time he is not with it. If Lambert could get him playing at his best regulary he would be a good signing, most Norwich fans wouldnt want him back though after the exit clause saga!

I didn''t see all the 1st half, but what i did see of OT-J was that he looked as much use as a chocolate fire guard, and that''s putting it mildly. (spare 1 at a wedding more like it)

[quote user="scrimmage"]Considering he had only made 7 appearances before he came to us (tore his hamstring 13 minutes into his Bristol City debut then 6 times at Sheffield United) I don''t think he did badly at all. [/quote]

Good heavens, if he tore his hamstring six times at Sheffield United then it''s a wonder the plucky little bugger''s still able to play professional football. Sign him up, I say!  He''s an iron man!

[quote user="scrimmage"]Definitely take Vokes back and keep OTJ for backup, but the fact he hardly played this year suggests he won''t get a look in next year.

Also I''d take Earnshaw back in a flash.[/quote]So you''d have OTJ, Vokes and Rob Edwards in the team next year. Do you seriously believe that''s the calibre of player that will add to what we''ve already got and keep us in the Premier League?

I didn''t say I would have any of them in the team. Edwards played at Blackpool so knows more than most of our team what the premier league is about, even if he was only there as a squad player. Vokes is backup for Holt. We have been saying all season we need backup for him and only when we had Vokes did we actually have any. OTJ is almost certainly leaving but none of us really know how good he is because we have hardly seen him play. Suggesting he isn''t good or at least rated by Lambert. However whenever he has played he has always seemed like he fits in ok to me.

Spot on scrimmage, OTJ has not had his chance yet! People are writing him off without having seen him given a chance!

"Spot on scrimmage, OTJ has not had his chance yet! People are writing him off without having seen him given a chance! "

Nah, he''s sh*t!

Based on:

1. what I''ve seen of him,

2. what Swansea fans thought when we signed him (killing themselves with laughter),

3. how nobody has seemed interested in signing him permanenly after taking him on loan, and

4. how little Lambert has picked him (one start in the League match at Middlesbrough, I think, when we were decimated with injuries, and I seem to remember he was hauled off at half time),

I would happily bet that OTJ will not be figuring much in the Premier League (and hopefully not at all).

[quote user="OTJ"]Spot on scrimmage, OTJ has not had his chance yet! People are writing him off without having seen him given a chance![/quote]

I think the fact Lambert didn''t sign him and is yet to give him a chance says a lot.

With tonight being a chance of OTD to put himself in the shop window for other clubs I would have expected more of him.For the majority of Scotland''s attacks he was static in Midfield, and quite a number of his passes were over/under hit.

Last game of FM I played, OTJ was a key first team player in my Premiership winning season and only lost his place to Jon Obi Mikel... Just sayin''...

Earnshaw is the most selfish player around, his only contribution is to be the final man and to shoot, he''ll rarely pass to a team mate. When he was here he was comfortably top scorer in the league but very low in the OPTA stats as apart from goals (I know very important) his overall contribution to the team was low. Not really a Lambert player.

"Earnshaw is the most selfish player around, his only contribution is to be the final man and to shoot, he''ll rarely pass to a team mate. When he was here he was comfortably top scorer in the league but very low in the OPTA stats as apart from goals (I know very important) his overall contribution to the team was low. Not really a Lambert player."

Hate to disagree but look at Hoolahan before Lambert arrived, very selfish and often lost the ball trying to beat players. Lambert has turned him around and he now backtracks all the time and is a quality all round player.

[quote user="OTJ"]Spot on scrimmage, OTJ has not had his chance yet! People are writing him off without having seen him given a chance![/quote]

As he was a bit of the pace in yesterdays match,i thought he done well!...I think we should hang on to him,as a squad player and either let him have a run out in our long league cup run we gonna have this year,or loan him to championship side..

Ok so he didn''t play in League One for us and when he did looked awful, didn''t play in The Championship bar 50 mins of football, but he might be good back up for the Premier League?

Are some of you a bit simple?

He will get transfered to some two bit league one side like Brentford or Yeovil and never be seen again.

[quote user="scrimmage"] look at Hoolahan before Lambert arrived, very selfish and often lost the ball trying to beat players. player.[/quote]

Never seen Hoolahan as being a selfish player.

Vokes was sh*t whenever I saw him play for us. Nowhere near good enough for what we need.

Neither is OTJ as a midfielder. I did, however, think he looked half decent as a centre back in pre-season last season.

Vokes did very well for us I thought, in the sparingly few chances he got.

He is still young, again another fact of target men is that they are like keepers and centre backs in that they don''t really start to deliver consistently until they get to around 26/27.

Iwan and Holt are proof of that.

Earnshaw is good in the championship but as we have already seen piss poor in the prem. Wolves have a pretty poor striker force and he hassnt broken into that for two years so  doesnt say alot for him. And as people say about OTJ, while I havvnt seen him play much (in the games he did play he was piss poor), no one has snapped him up including the loan clubs while swansea fans diddnt seem to think much of him either