Sign in to follow this  
LinkNR9

Are we meant to be relegated?

I''ve been feeling pretty upbeat recently, especially with Deano signing, but the latest injury news makes me ask the question, "Are we destined to be relegated?" Fate / bad luck really is giving us a good kicking at present, as regards injuries. By my reckoning, we have the following players out with injury:

Ward, Helveg, Holt, Bentley, McKenzie, Safri, Charlton, Svensson and Henderson.

That''s 9 players! And a poster on another Norwich web site said that they had seen Shackell receiving hydrotherapy at a pool yesterday - is he also recovering from injury?

Perhaps our fellow poster, the Vicar, can find out what we''ve done to upset The Man Upstairs! At least, if it carries on like this, Deano won''t have so many names and faces to get used to on the training pitch!

Look it from a positive angle.  The players that now get a stint back in the side - Eddy, Drury, Mullers, Crow, Jarvis, Ashton and possibly Brennan now have a golden opportunity to stake their claim.  They will hopefully play out of their skins to maintain their places knowing the aforementioned list of 9 players will be back at some point and gunning for their place.   This could be the injection of spirit and determination that we need to get some nice results.  Of all those injured only really Bentley and maybe Holt are long term, so others should start coming back in soon.  If Bentley does get returned to Arsenal  (come on Arsenal be nice) and we managed to secure 2 loan signings it could be magic.  Keep the faith and keep on singing OTBC!!!

Hmmmmmmm best ask him yourself- after all he can hardly be chuffed with me- I represent him!!

Perhaps a few candles could be lit- a truckfull seem necessary at the moment!!

Seriously though- how many of those injuries are serious? Cos we will certainly lose without 9 first team players available.

No we won''t!

We''re going to Villa for a win, not just for a relaxing trip to the midlands.

Come on City!!

[quote]No we won''t! We''re going to Villa for a win, not just for a relaxing trip to the midlands. Come on City!![/quote]

Relaxing? It is blowing a gale up here! The weather is muggy and it is pretty cold. Anyway - don''t relax in Aston as you might get caught up in something!

Did we not have several injury problems and ''new'' faces come in for the game against Bolton...?

As ever I remain irrationally optimistic and still think we will finish 17th.

However I do think there is a little something of a jinx that is preventing us from winning the 50/50 situations like hitting the woodwork and bouncing out, instead of in, refereeing decisions that puzzle and now the injury crisis just when all our "problem" players were starting to deliver. 

These things even up I know, but not necessarily over one season, maybe two or three seasons. We had everything go our way last year perhaps this year we are in receipt of pay back time. 

So we must stay hopeful,  wait for good signs, like when the ball hits the post and goes IN then .....

And Deano of course could be the boy to make it happen !

[quote]As ever I remain irrationally optimistic and still think we will finish 17th. However I do think there is a little something of a jinx that is preventing us from winning the 50/50 situations like hit...[/quote]

Who says they even up? They probably don''t, you know...

If we go down by say, a point, we will undoubatbly be the unluckiest team in the history of the world

I blame Mike Riley

I one of the posters above is correct - we had lots of good fortune and stayed relatively injury free last season, so perhaps we''re getting all the bad luck this season!

And I don''t know what you''re blaming Mike Riley for but, because he''s a dreadful referee, I totally agree!!