Sign in to follow this  
Somerset Canary

Sky advert

Just seen a new sky advert promoting the year ahead. This obviously included the new premiership and npower leagues. However, during the part where they promoted the new npower football league season, they show a clip of Grant Holt kissing his arm tattoo to the camera. Now, these small things don''t normally bug me, but why were we not part of the bit promoting the new premier league season!? I know it''s a bit of a petty issue, but still very frustrating that were still not recognised as a premier league team. I know the npower league season isn''t over yet, so I don''t mind remaining is the championship section of BBC sport for example, but if your promoting NEXT season, we should be in the Prem bit!

May have been used to help promote the championship a bit, after all us getting promotion this season proves ''anything can happen'' in this league. Most other fans view our season as a success story not only for us but also the league, reminding everyone of what we did this season may well raise the hopes/excitement for the championship next season.

I was thinking the same but I''m

not as bothered. I think it''s because it''s Npower footage. but it''ll be worth the wait when everything premier league in meow involves our badge!

The Championship Play-off final is yet to come. That''s when we know which teams are in which league. Sky are perfectly correct showing Norwich in the Championship until at least Sunday.

[quote user="jed exodous"]

Kick off mate, really kick up a fuss, complain to them...

I would, if i didn''t have ANYTHING else to do...

[/quote]

Haha +1

In all likelyhood i would expect us to be in the championship season after next so i''d get used to the championship ''highlights''. 

[quote user="The F Word"]Wrap up!! Jesus.. You must feel so lucky if this is your biggest gripe in life, if you have a life that is..[/quote]

Look, most of us have bigger problems than moaning at a ''wrong'' TV advert, but this issue does concern NCFC and this is a Football Forum concerning NCFC. If you want to discuss other issues about life and how it treats us then there are Forums for that.

Quite right, there''s no need for rudeness. If you''ve no interest in the thread then go off and start your own or just keep your own counsel.

It''s not the stupidest thread on here and although I haven''t seen the ad I''m looking forward to seeing some of our players and our badge on new promo material on Sky too.

I think I''m right in saying QPR are also featured in the Football League "part" of the ad. Don''t think they would''ve forgotten us both, so it''s not really a slight on NCFC.

I can''t wait for the new MOTD opening, I remember the last time we were up there they had a system of all the clubs badges rising out of their stadiums and always cheered a little bit to see our crest. Hope they have something similar or at least that we appear in it somewhere!

You have to remember that the Murdoch media empire is designed to make profit. This mean''s that Uncle Rupert has likely asked Sky Sports to restrict their use of their time machine, meaning they''re not able to go forward and obtain footage from next season''s Championship and leaving them with no option but to use the footage from this season just gone. For shame...