Sign in to follow this  
Jarroldstander

Is anyone going to the Champions League final?

Just wondered if any City fans on here are going to Wembley on Saturday? I got a ticket in the ballot, never thought I would get one but got lucky. Really looking forward to it, wondered if I am representing all the City fans all by myself or if anyone else if going. Planning to wear a City shirt and yellow and green scarf and am supporting Man United.

if you don''t fancy going, i''ll have your ticket please. in return for all my match tickets from this season. the portsmouth one will be a good bit of memorabilia if we establish ourselves for years to come :)

Llucky you, would rather go to Wembley on Sat than Monday, fancy swapping my play off final ticket, in the Swansea end????

I really wanted to go, but missed the application for tickets.... Not that any non- Man.C/Barca fans should really be going.... (although i do quite like Barca...

Yeah I agree Ginger Pele. They put 11,000 tickets up for neutral English fans in February in a ballot. Sometimes it pays to be a fan of a (then) non Premier League team. I can''t imagine a Chelsea/Arsenal/Tottenham/Man United fan applying for a ticket and then wanting to go to the final if their team didn''t get there. I never thought I''d get one but got lucky and can''t wait. I do think it''s wrong that I, as a Norwich fan, am able to ago ahead of thousands of Man United and Barcelona fans, but the ticket came with loads of warnings about reselling them, so I''ll just have to go and enjoy it. Will have a City shirt on though, and only supporting Man United as their fans seem to like to wear Norwich City scarfs!

[quote user="Ben "]I wish I was going! Have a good time, i''m sure it will be a great experience. Just out of interest how much did you pay for your ticket? As I heard they were £200+ face value.[/quote]

Cheers Ben, ticket was a staggering £225 plus £26 (£26!) booking fee. Cheapest tickets were £150. That''s about half my season ticket for next season.

Enjoy it mate. I was fortunate enough to go to Man Utd V Benfica at Wembley in 68, which was sensational, and then Ajax v Panathanaikos, which wasn''t a great game, but showcased Cruyff in his pomp. Tickets were a bit cheaper though!

surprised that you were serious about the swap! (if you were that it lol) but if you were, i couldn''t accept anyway as you won it and you should go an enjoy a fabulous night! i think i''d melt to see the players in real life. i wouldn''t be able to get to wembley and back on my own anyway! well, mother wouldn''t let me hehe

That 1968 game must have been amazing Beaus. I watched it on tv with my nan and she got more excited over the game than she did watching Mick McMannus on Saturday afternoons.

You must be a fair bit older than me though..............

[;)]

[quote user="Jarroldstander"]Just wondered if any City fans on here are going to Wembley on Saturday? I got a ticket in the ballot, never thought I would get one but got lucky. Really looking forward to it, wondered if I am representing all the City fans all by myself or if anyone else if going. Planning to wear a City shirt and yellow and green scarf and am supporting Man United.[/quote]Why would you wear a Norwich shirt to that match? You will just look like a sad freak, I''d be embarrassed for you.

[quote user="Jarroldstander"]Just wondered if any City fans on here are going to Wembley on Saturday? I got a ticket in the ballot, never thought I would get one but got lucky. Really looking forward to it, wondered if I am representing all the City fans all by myself or if anyone else if going. Planning to wear a City shirt and yellow and green scarf and am supporting Man United.[/quote]Good job you are wearing the shirt, if you just wore the scarf you would have blended in.

Id try and sell your ticket asap! my friend who is a spurs fan also got tickets for the final as he was hoping spurs made it ... he''s just sold the pair for £4k

Yes.. the "champions" league.. a competition you can enter by not being a champion, where the scummiest of all Egnlish football teams are going gto be in the final, The competition thats putting the death knell into the game in this country as the premier league do what they can to ensure it remains a closed shop.

if the final was say, in Belgium, how many of you would have gone?B*****ks to the champions league and manchester united..im a norwich city fan and dont care who wins in Europe... what do we, as a club, get out of it?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Yes.. the "champions" league.. a competition you can enter by not being a champion, where the scummiest of all Egnlish football teams are going gto be in the final, The competition thats putting the death knell into the game in this country as the premier league do what they can to ensure it remains a closed shop.

if the final was say, in Belgium, how many of you would have gone?

B*****ks to the champions league and manchester united..

im a norwich city fan and dont care who wins in Europe... what do we, as a club, get out of it?
[/quote]

Well said Jas, I agree wih every single word. I support Norwich first and England second - Man Utd don''t show on my radar.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

That 1968 game must have been amazing Beaus. I watched it on tv with my nan and she got more excited over the game than she did watching Mick McMannus on Saturday afternoons.

You must be a fair bit older than me though..............

[;-)

I was very young....[;)]

Seriously, though, it was rather mindblowing for an 11 year old, although I''d actually been to Wembley (England v Scotland in 1967) before my Carrow Road debut in the 67/68 season. Fortunately I was taken to both by a City mad uncle who ensured that my head wouldn''t be turned from the true path!

[/quote]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Yes.. the "champions" league.. a competition you can enter by not being a champion, where the scummiest of all Egnlish football teams are going gto be in the final, The competition thats putting the death knell into the game in this country as the premier league do what they can to ensure it remains a closed shop.

im a norwich city fan and dont care who wins in Europe... what do we, as a club, get out of it?
[/quote]

Funny you mention Belgium, I started this season watching Anderlecht the week before we played Watford. I personally love the Champions League as a bit of escapism from watching Norwich, I doubt we''ll ever get to play in it, but the chance to watch two of Europe''s best teams at Wembley is something I''m up for seeing as it might not come back to this country for another 10-15 years or so. Norwich are always first for me, but I love European football and try and fit in a couple of games on the continent every season. But I couldn''t give a stuff about England and wouldn''t be bothered if I didn''t ever watch them play again. We don''t get anything out of it but as Fulham, Stoke and Birmingham have proved in recent seasons it is possible for us to get into the Europa League and I for one would go to every single away game if we did.

[quote user="Beauseant"]Enjoy it mate. I was fortunate enough to go to Man Utd V Benfica at Wembley in 68, which was sensational, and then Ajax v Panathanaikos, which wasn''t a great game, but showcased Cruyff in his pomp. Tickets were a bit cheaper though![/quote]

Beauseant - can you remember how you got tickets for those games? Just curious as to how it worked back then.

[quote user="Jarroldstander"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]Enjoy it mate. I was fortunate enough to go to Man Utd V Benfica at Wembley in 68, which was sensational, and then Ajax v Panathanaikos, which wasn''t a great game, but showcased Cruyff in his pomp. Tickets were a bit cheaper though![/quote]

Beauseant - can you remember how you got tickets for those games? Just curious as to how it worked back then.

[/quote]

Knowing my uncle I would guess that his method was somewhat "irregular"! I think he used to slip a few quid to his contacts in local football clubs and associations in order to get hold of any tickets they''d been allocated. He always got tickets for big games somehow, including the 1966 World Cup final and went to over 50 consecutive FA cup finals.

if the final was say, in Belgium, how many of you would have gone?B*****ks to the champions league and manchester united..im a norwich city fan and dont care who wins in Europe... what do we, as a club, get out of it?[/quote]Well some of us like to take a step or two outside of the Norwich bubble every now and just enjoy the beautiful game of football at it''s finest as a neutral supporter. What is it about that which really grinds your gears Barclay King?You shouldn''t be too critical of the Champions League either as were now competing in a league where finishing in a Champions League position is the ultimate triumph after winning the League title itself. Granted it''s practically impossible for us to qualify for such a competition but were still one of 20 clubs playing in the modern day big time league in European Football.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Jarroldstander"]

[/quote]

Knowing my uncle I would guess that his method was somewhat "irregular"! I think he used to slip a few quid to his contacts in local football clubs and associations in order to get hold of any tickets they''d been allocated. He always got tickets for big games somehow, including the 1966 World Cup final and went to over 50 consecutive FA cup finals.

[/quote]Personally I''ve never been one to use others to get what I want.Things always taste sweeter when you''ve engineered your own opportunities.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Jarroldstander"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Personally I''ve never been one to use others to get what I want.

Things always taste sweeter when you''ve engineered your own opportunities.
[/quote]

Thats strange Cluck when slating people the other day for not having your opinion it was suggested that you would not be able to obtain tickets in the future. You said '' I have friends in high places... so that has never been an issue.

Jas, know one is suggesting supporting Man.U, but talking about going to a potentially amazing game of football. Its about a general interest in football...

[/quote]

Best we go back to the championship then. We have effectively joined the champions league this year as we are in a league that offers qualification as a prize. Also if we started as a country to bad in Europe we would have less places so yes it is important for our club sides to get as far as possible

[quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Jarroldstander"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Personally I''ve never been one to use others to get what I want.Things always taste sweeter when you''ve engineered your own opportunities.[/quote]

Thats strange Cluck when slating people the other day for not having your opinion it was suggested that you would not be able to obtain tickets in the future. You said '' I have friends in high places... so that has never been an issue.

[/quote]Don''t hold your breath waiting for a reply.

[quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Jarroldstander"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Personally I''ve never been one to use others to get what I want.Things always taste sweeter when you''ve engineered your own opportunities.[/quote]

[/quote]Eh?I''ve stated quite clearly on here that I have no intention of attending Carrow Road again until Smith has gone... so it''s a non point. If however I wanted to go... there are a number of Manchester United supporting individuals I know with season tickets who would be happy to oblige. Hence the quality not quantity view.I''ll have no problems when the time comes as many who now go to CR will have moved onto synchronised swimming or some other la de da pursuit and left it to the casuals again.No contradictions in my comments.

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]Yes.. the "champions" league.. a competition you can enter by not being a champion, where the scummiest of all Egnlish football teams are going gto be in the final, The competition thats putting the death knell into the game in this country as the premier league do what they can to ensure it remains a closed shop.

if the final was say, in Belgium, how many of you would have gone?B*****ks to the champions league and manchester united..im a norwich city fan and dont care who wins in Europe... what do we, as a club, get out of it?[/quote]Well some of us like to take a step or two outside of the Norwich bubble every now and just enjoy the beautiful game of football at it''s finest as a neutral supporter. What is it about that which really grinds your gears Barclay King?[/quote] because if it was Barcelona vs say, Lyon at Wembley no one would really be too bothered.Again, what does Manchester united winning the champions league do for Norwich City, or any English club winning in Europe do for us? I would care about the champions league if Winners were actually in it.. if you finished 2nd you are not a champion... if you finish first or win a cup you are.the competition is a joke.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"] because if it was Barcelona vs say, Lyon at Wembley no one would really be too bothered.[/quote]The OP said he got the tickets in the ballot.............which was held in February. Nobody knew who was going to be in the final then.I agree the Champions League format is poor but this is a massive game between two of the biggest clubs in the world, one of whom could well end up as being the greatest club side of all time. Why the hell wouldn''t you want to watch it?