Sign in to follow this  
Hutcherby46

norwich city betting

hi guys is anyone going to be using our recent good fortune and placing a bet on norwich city avoiding relegation next season? i will be later on and wondered what odds people had got?

According to Paddy Power (the only one that had odds when i checked) We are favourites to be relegated at 4/9.

Norwich 4/9

Reading 8/15

Swansea 8/15

Wigan 15/8

Wolves 2/1

QPR 5/2

Blackburn 7/2

West Brom 4/1

I may take a punt on Fulham at 8/1 given their very early european football start (30th june!) and they may have played 6 matches before the PL season even starts.

As far as we''re concerned we are being misunderestimated (thanks George Bush for that word) and it''ll keep the pressure off.

Better to wait until nearer to the season''s beginning, you can pick up some good odds as money tends to pile on favourites by then.

Meaning clubs like City can then find their odds drifting out. A few of the bigger bookies were offering 14/1 on City getting promoted - too good to miss.

Anyone wanting to make money might look to use Betfair to take bets on City getting relegated.

[quote user="Hutcherby46"]could be worth a small bet then £50 to william hill to avoid relegation

[/quote]

Just Banged £100 on that, and to my recconing that will pay for two flight tickets to Kenya next year, bring it on.  

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Hutcherby46"]could be worth a small bet then £50 to william hill to avoid relegation

[/quote]

Just Banged £100 on that, and to my recconing that will pay for two flight tickets to Kenya next year, bring it on.  

[/quote]

£100 on what at what odds?  Flights to Kenya you say, not at odds of 6/4 unless your going on a paper plane...

Hey there since I live in Land of the Free the Good old USA where gambling is illegal except for in Nevada is there any chance if I wired someone some money they could place a small wager for me for Norwich to avoid relegation.....I will even give you a betting fee for me at the end of the year when we win the bet :) if you could help me out thanks :) email is rpm06121980@yahoo.com

Thats good old America for you, You can walk into a walmart and buy a

gun gotta love it.......So if anyone can help me, please do :) and im

serious I wanna put some money down lol

" Just Banged £100 on that, and to my recconing that will pay for two flight tickets to Kenya next year, bring it on"

I think some folk are getting confused

As far as I can see Paddy Power is offering 4/9 on Norwich City to be relegated. Which means for every £9 you stake you win £4 if Norwich are relegated. A £100 bet would win you £44 on those odds.

Flights to Kenya, flights of fantasy more like

ps you cannot ''bring it on'', the Premier League will finish on the date as arranged and so you will have to wait until then to collect your winnings - lets just hope the flights have not changed prices by then

[quote user="Retarded Turtle"]William Hill have the following :

8/13

Norwich City Relegated

6/4

Norwich City Finish 11th - 17th

Norwich City Finish Top Half 17/2

[/quote]6/4 on us finishing 11th-17th I''ll be having some of that.

You pessemistic lot!I put a bet on several weeks ago at Everstones in the City.It included a £2 Free Bet (if placed before the end of May and you had the coupon from the EDP/Evening News Promotion Pull-Out).So I added another £2 to that and had £4 on us to finish in the top six at 125/1.  When the bookie said I was bonkers, I thought that I may be on to something and put another quid on us to finish in the top four at 300/1.I think that we were 7/1 to finish top ten and would say that would be the value bet to take if you are looking to make a decent return.For a £2 outlay, I am hoping that I can pay for my season ticket for the following season though.  Hopefully we will be playing in Europe by then and I will have money to spare!

If we finish in the top 4 smudger, I''ll run naked over hot coals with a potty on my head. Quid''s a quid I''ll suppose. you get better returns on the lottery though - for about the same odds...

[quote user="sergio"][quote user="Retarded Turtle"]William Hill have the following :

8/13

Norwich City Relegated

6/4

Norwich City Finish 11th - 17th

Norwich City Finish Top Half 17/2

[/quote]6/4 on us finishing 11th-17th I''ll be having some of that.[/quote]6/4 just to stay up on Victor Chandler.

[quote user="spudgfsh"]According to Paddy Power (the only one that had odds when i checked) We are favourites to be relegated at 4/9.

Norwich 4/9

Reading 8/15

Swansea 8/15

Wigan 15/8

Wolves 2/1

QPR 5/2

Blackburn 7/2

West Brom 4/1

I may take a punt on Fulham at 8/1 given their very early european football start (30th june!) and they may have played 6 matches before the PL season even starts.

As far as we''re concerned we are being misunderestimated (thanks George Bush for that word) and it''ll keep the pressure off.[/quote]Rich owners apart, I''m struggling to understand why the considerable gulf between ours odds and QPR''s. [^o)]

'' I think that we were 7/1 to finish top ten ''

That is an excellent price - well worth taking

I''ve bet on a Victor Chandler "Grant Holt Special" they had running

I put down £35 on Holty scoring 10 or more goals next season with odds of 7/2. Should yield me about £157 if he does it (including my stake).

Come on The Horse!!!!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]If we finish in the top 4 smudger, I''ll run naked over hot coals with a potty on my head. Quid''s a quid I''ll suppose. you get better returns on the lottery though - for about the same odds...[/quote]haha didn''t Alan Hansen (or was it his partner in crime Lawrenson) say something similar about us winning the title that year we finished 3rd, only to start getting slightly worried when Polston netted to give us victory at home against Villa and put us in to second place behind Man Utd with them to play at home in late March/early April?I will look forwards to your streak, although I am sure that it won''t be a pretty sight for the ladies blahblah! [;)]