Sign in to follow this  
ziggy

lambert strikes again

PL has done it again ! got in there early & beat other clubs to it , very exciting signing . if more of james vaughan standard of players are on their way its going to be greaaaaaaaaaaaat !!!!!! OTBC

much as I thought, young Premier players on the fringe of their teams, something Lambert has said for m,ost of the time he has been with us

he did say the problem might be in persuading them here, which suggest it could be seen as a ''step down''

if they do come (the types such as Lansbury and Pacheco) then we know they are up for it rather than some ''carlos kickaball'' drifting from club to club on a fat wage and even fatter signing/add on fees - or some poncy premier star with a bag full of problems and over inflated ego

I predict we are going to surprise an awful lot this season, not least a lot of our own fans

I agree City, I think we will do well and some of the signings will be really top top draw. God I man love Lambert.

[quote user="ziggy"]PL has done it again ! got in there early & beat other clubs to it , very exciting signing . if more of james vaughan standard of players are on their way its going to be greaaaaaaaaaaaat !!!!!! OTBC[/quote]

Who?! Derby, Leicester and Crystal Palace..? I would say that if we take this as a benchmark for signings to come we are already settling for championship football season after next. Young and hungry (and crocked) players are all very well but the only way to survive in the Prem is to sign at least a few Prem class players. This is the first signing and I am not being negative- I am fully expecting us to sign players of a higher pedigree- but FFS get real. I am sure we will find players in our existing squad who will step up. I am also sure that to play with the big boys we need some big boys on our side. Not for a minute am I saying that we need Big Name Johnnies but we DO need a higher standard of player than James Vaughan to keep us up. There are plenty of canny signings out there. I am still confident that Lambert will find a few, but to say that this is an exciting Premiership signing is way off the mark IMHO.

I think Jamey V is a pretty good signing, there will be at least another 6 or 7........ passing negative judgement on Lambert''s signings [especially after just one signing] is a recipe for lots of egg on face - just ask a few peeps on here!!

[quote user="kiwigreenandgold"]

[quote user="ziggy"]PL has done it again ! got in there early & beat other clubs to it , very exciting signing . if more of james vaughan standard of players are on their way its going to be greaaaaaaaaaaaat !!!!!! OTBC[/quote]

Who?! Derby, Leicester and Crystal Palace..? I would say that if we take this as a benchmark for signings to come we are already settling for championship football season after next. Young and hungry (and crocked) players are all very well but the only way to survive in the Prem is to sign at least a few Prem class players. This is the first signing and I am not being negative- I am fully expecting us to sign players of a higher pedigree- but FFS get real. I am sure we will find players in our existing squad who will step up. I am also sure that to play with the big boys we need some big boys on our side. Not for a minute am I saying that we need Big Name Johnnies but we DO need a higher standard of player than James Vaughan to keep us up. There are plenty of canny signings out there. I am still confident that Lambert will find a few, but to say that this is an exciting Premiership signing is way off the mark IMHO.

[/quote]If you''re not being negative, I''d hate to see you when you are.Somebody else who rates himself as a better manager than Lambert. I''m getting a bit sick of this. Re-read your post. Do you think Paul''s brought him here for the sake of it?When Vaughan first arrived, Everton fans were impressed. Some rated him higher than Rooney. He got crocked & lost his way. But obviously - as far as Lambert is concerned - the potential is still there, & he believes he can get that potential realised.I keep saying it, but I''ll take his assessment of a player''s ability over any on here. You''re perfectly entitled to your opinion, but mine is that yours is that of a puffed up, deluded individual with a totally unrealistic idea of professional football or what is required to succeed in it.But, don''t worry. As I''ve also said before, you are not alone.

Who?! Derby, Leicester and Crystal Palace..?

[/quote]

You forgot these;

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Blackburn-want-to-rescue-James-Vaughan-from-his-Everton-misery-article543857.html

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Everton-striker-James-Vaughan-is-joining-Scottish-giants-Celtic-on-loan-for-the-rest-of-the-season-in-a-shock-move-that-includes-a-250-000-rental-payment-article676227.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/9327832.stm

I would say that if we take this as a benchmark for signings to come we are already settling for championship football season after next. Young and hungry (and crocked) players are all very well but the only way to survive in the Prem is to sign at least a few Prem class players. This is the first signing and I am not being negative- I am fully expecting us to sign players of a higher pedigree- but FFS get real. I am sure we will find players in our existing squad who will step up. I am also sure that to play with the big boys we need some big boys on our side. Not for a minute am I saying that we need Big Name Johnnies but we DO need a higher standard of player than James Vaughan to keep us up. There are plenty of canny signings out there. I am still confident that Lambert will find a few, but to say that this is an exciting Premiership signing is way off the mark IMHO.

[/quote]

Crocked? Who is crocked?

I look forward to your list of ''canny signings'', then we can compare it to Lambert''s.

I realise that at this time of night, with the alcohol and illicit drugs we have all consumed that misunderstandings can very easily come about. I am not being negative because, as I said, I don''t think this is a benchmark Lambert signing. Who on earth ever said that I was comparing myself to Lambert? The guy has written himself into Norwich folklore already and he is literally above God in my opinion! I simply stated that I don''t think that James Vaughan is a benchmark Premiership signing. If he proves me wrong I will be the happiest canary on the block, and as I have previously stated, I think Lambert will bring in higher pedigree. But if you think that we should be aiming to bring in players of this calibre as solutions to countering the majority of Premiership teams, I think you maybe should be laying off a few off those uppers. Sorry, but didn''t realise that I had to prove myself as a Premiership manager to vent a few opinions.

Above all, we are all Canaries, so all I can say is, crack another can and celebrate in the fact that we are in the top flight and have reasonable financial security. OTBC.

By the way, Ron, how do you believe that Vaughan is better than Rooney? Please explain, oh Maestro, so that I may have your insight.

(sorry, couldn''t resist!)